Jump to content
Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

Recommended Posts

Thank you for continuing to work on this great mod :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Solano thanks for all the work you put it, I find it really hard to play ARMA now without Real Light 7 

 

I know there was talk of you making a LUT for some of the other CUP maps, specifically Takistan. Any word on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.2.2017 at 1:28 AM, JD Wang said:

@Solano thanks for all the work you put it, I find it really hard to play ARMA now without Real Light 7 

 

I know there was talk of you making a LUT for some of the other CUP maps, specifically Takistan. Any word on that?

 

Hi Prison Mike,

 

I think I never emphasized Takistan especially. I worked on a special Chernarus LUT which is finished and available. And I tried to fix the look of Taunus but thats still WIP.

Unfortunately I am full of real life work atm still and I can´t do much now - but we are set for the upcoming x64 bit architecture. So make sure to switch real light accordingly once arma gets the update out.

Stay tuned for future updates here or on our discord server.

 

Regards

 

 

Solano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@All

Arma x64 is going live now and to enjoy Real Light with the upcoming update you need to do the following:

 

If you are already a user of Real Light 7: 

Just download the x64 Version here: http://sh8.videopilot.link/real-light-7/#download and swap the dxgi.dll and the reshade.fx with your current one in the main arma folder. All your settings and LUTs will stay the same.
Go to reshade / profiles in your main arma folder and rename the folder Arma3 to  Arma3_x64
 

 

If you are new to Real Light 7:

 

Unzip Real Light 7 x64 into your game main directory where the game.exe is.
Done.
Start the game and enjoy!

 

 

 

Greets

 

 

Solano

 

 

EDIT:
Updated

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @everyone

Just updated the LUT section with the newest entry called "Rich". Rich in colors and contrast. Enjoy and leave some feedback here if you like.
Would like to link images into the post but it wont work. Comparision as always on my site.

Impression and Download http://sh8.videopilot.link/luts/#rich


Regards

 

Solano
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Solano,

 

I was using this mod up to the Jets DLC and now it appears to be a memory conflict with the x64 version.

I can join the lobby of MP games but as soon as I tried to load into the actual game, I would get a windows x000c error. x32 works but eventually ARMA runs out of memory.

 

If I disable Real Light, x64 works fine.

 

Just wondering if you or other users have noticed this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using RS is as easy as pie. Thanks for that. I have been wanting to play more night missions but the lighting is just horrible post 160. I am going to try to fiddle with the CFG a bit to see if I can get the scene a bit better. Is this something that cannot be adjusted with RS or is this an Arma Engine adjust only.

If anyone has made a night preset that improves things, please post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by RS?
I didn´t tweaked anything engine related. I use the third party tool Reshade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

What do you mean by RS?

RS=ReShade

I was wondering if reshade could be adjusted to show a wider area of light that gets emitted from street lights and light sticks for example. But I get the sense that that's internal and needs to be fixed in the game engine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

using RESHADE 3.1.1 for DCS and also XP11 but never for ARMA3 - interested to give reshade and real lightv7 a try for ARMA3 (64 bit) so got some noob questions..........

1)First question what does combining reshade with realight give you over just using reshade 3.1.1?

2)How do you install the latest version of reshade 3.1.1 with real light 7? (64bit) - having used the latest reshade there is almost like an autoinstall feature (or do you have to use an older version of reshade so you can strip out the right files)  - also is there any kind of video showing how to install these 2 together? (have seen a few but it shows older version of reshade + real light and seemed to be 32 bit version)...

3)How do these LUT profiles work for real light - assume its similar to the presets for reshades you can swap over in game - but it seems you need to change some code rather than just swap over ingame?

4)Assume this LUT setup can't be swapped in game like the stock reshade - you just need to configure before you load the game - how can you enable disable reallight/reshade ingame?

 

Any help appreciated...................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the latest version of Reshade for another game and also RealLight 7 which is built with an oder version of Reshade. RealLight resides within the Arma folder so the two versions of Reshade do not conflict with each other. 

 

I am sorry, I cnnot really help you with the technical questions. It seems that the RealLight Discord is a bit livelier than this thread, so I suggest to ask your questions on Discord, too. Link: https://discord.gg/A5a3JHG I hope this helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mac1 said:

using RESHADE 3.1.1 for DCS and also XP11 but never for ARMA3 - interested to give reshade and real lightv7 a try for ARMA3 (64 bit) so got some noob questions..........

1)First question what does combining reshade with realight give you over just using reshade 3.1.1?

Real Light is a preset for Reshade. So you don't combine anything. You just use my preset. What it gives you is a LUT based color altering which is impossible to achieve with the build in color processing stuff and any other mods so far. Because it uses LUTs. You can look it up - It is called Look Up Table

6 hours ago, mac1 said:

2)How do you install the latest version of reshade 3.1.1 with real light 7? (64bit)

I don't know at this point since possibilities arent't changing much - only the way to produce presets.

6 hours ago, mac1 said:

- having used the latest reshade there is almost like an autoinstall feature (or do you have to use an older version of reshade so you can strip out the right files)

I guess you can but I didn't tried it out myself.

6 hours ago, mac1 said:

  - also is there any kind of video showing how to install these 2 together? (have seen a few but it shows older version of reshade + real light and seemed to be 32 bit version)...

3)How do these LUT profiles work for real light - assume its similar to the presets for reshades you can swap over in game - but it seems you need to change some code rather than just swap over ingame?

Now with Reshade 3 two things happened. They use a differente LUT Space and they are able to swap lut files in their UI. With the version of Reshade which I use for Real Light to work you have to swap LUTs manually. It looks like code at first maybe but all you do is changing locations in the config for the LUTs png.

6 hours ago, mac1 said:

4)Assume this LUT setup can't be swapped in game like the stock reshade - you just need to configure before you load the game - how can you enable disable reallight/reshade ingame?

You can change the config while Ingame and try the LUTs out or swap contextually as you like. No need to restart the game.

 

I sticked to an older version of Reshade because I never liked the install process of reshade til then. I don't know how well it works today but I had many question about the process from users all the time. So I finally got the permission of the creator of reshade and the creator of the LUT feature to provide this as a easy to install all in one package. So what users now had and have to do is just unzip my download into the arma main folder and thats it. No guessing which bit architecture and so forth. Don't get me started on the newer folder structure system. It is so confusing for Users. Reshade is really mighty but the structure is by coder for coder. Not customer in that sense which it should be. Anyway. Long story short. 

 

I checked with Reshade 3 and saw that the "LUT swap feature" wasn't key bindable so It seemed useless for me to adapt my preset to the newer reshade because its the same effort of changing Luts. Not worth the work imo.

 

Hope I could answer all your questions.

 

 

Best regards

 

6 hours ago, mac1 said:

 

Any help appreciated...................

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.12.2017 at 6:49 PM, pvt. partz said:

RS=ReShade

I was wondering if reshade could be adjusted to show a wider area of light that gets emitted from street lights and light sticks for example. But I get the sense that that's internal and needs to be fixed in the game engine

You could try to enable the Reshade Bloom to fake that behavior. But anything else would need to be adressed to the core of the game itself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solano said:

Real Light is a preset for Reshade. So you don't combine anything. You just use my preset. What it gives you is a LUT based color altering which is impossible to achieve with the build in color processing stuff and any other mods so far. Because it uses LUTs. You can look it up - It is called Look Up Table

I don't know at this point since possibilities arent't changing much - only the way to produce presets.

I guess you can but I didn't tried it out myself.

Now with Reshade 3 two things happened. They use a differente LUT Space and they are able to swap lut files in their UI. With the version of Reshade which I use for Real Light to work you have to swap LUTs manually. It looks like code at first maybe but all you do is changing locations in the config for the LUTs png.

You can change the config while Ingame and try the LUTs out or swap contextually as you like. No need to restart the game.

 

I sticked to an older version of Reshade because I never liked the install process of reshade til then. I don't know how well it works today but I had many question about the process from users all the time. So I finally got the permission of the creator of reshade and the creator of the LUT feature to provide this as a easy to install all in one package. So what users now had and have to do is just unzip my download into the arma main folder and thats it. No guessing which bit architecture and so forth. Don't get me started on the newer folder structure system. It is so confusing for Users. Reshade is really mighty but the structure is by coder for coder. Not customer in that sense which it should be. Anyway. Long story short. 

 

I checked with Reshade 3 and saw that the "LUT swap feature" wasn't key bindable so It seemed useless for me to adapt my preset to the newer reshade because its the same effort of changing Luts. Not worth the work imo.

 

Hope I could answer all your questions.

 

 

Best regards

 

 

solano thanks for the reply!
think I want to give real light v7 (64 bit) - a try then.............

1)from your reply if - I am following - think I should not install reshade at all - simply install the v7 into my root arma3 folder? (that's it) ?

2)assume when you install the v7 it will auto load your standard pre-set (whats this called?)when you start ARMA3 unless you disable it in game?

3)to change from your default LUT preset - it seems you have a few others such as rich - which you need to do activate before you enter the game?

4)If I ever decide to try reshade 3.1.1 assume I need to uninstall real light? what is best way to do this(which files need removed?)

5)this sounds bizarre - but can see your on/off key for real light is scroll lock - can't seem to find that key on my keyboard (note am using a

wireless Logitech......) but all I can find is a number lock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mac1 said:

solano thanks for the reply!
think I want to give real light v7 (64 bit) - a try then.............

1)from your reply if - I am following - think I should not install reshade at all - simply install the v7 into my root arma3 folder? (that's it) ?

The unzip is the "install" yes - I don't know if you can go with two versions of reshade at the same time nowadays. I really don't

2 minutes ago, mac1 said:

2)assume when you install the v7 it will auto load your standard pre-set (whats this called?)when you start ARMA3 unless you disable it in game?

In my LUT Section of the page there is the little manual for changing LUTs - by default it loads rl7.png - this of course is changable to your fav LUT if you find one so it loads that instead all the time. But as I said you can change it while the game is running to check them all out if you like to.

2 minutes ago, mac1 said:

3)to change from your default LUT preset - it seems you have a few others such as rich - which you need to do activate before you enter the game?

Nope - whenever you like

2 minutes ago, mac1 said:

4)If I ever decide to try reshade 3.1.1 assume I need to uninstall real light? what is best way to do this(which files need removed?)

Just delete everything you got from the zip of my website - use it as an Index so to speak of what to get rid of

2 minutes ago, mac1 said:

5)this sounds bizarre - but can see your on/off key for real light is scroll lock - can't seem to find that key on my keyboard (note am using a

wireless Logitech......) but all I can find is a number lock?

maybe this can help:

16151.1.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Solano said:

you can change it while the game is running

I wanted to ask, but you already answered =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the link to grab to grab the v7 LUTs...

 

getting this for both v6 and v7?

 


Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /var/www/web673/html/videopilot/sh8/wp-content/plugins/wp-statistics/includes/classes/statistics.class.php on line 61

Fatal error: 'break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /var/www/web673/html/videopilot/sh8/wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/common/toolset-forms/lib/adodb-time.inc.php on line 1012

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /var/www/web673/html/videopilot/sh8/wp-content/plugins/wp-statistics/includes/classes/statistics.class.php on line 61

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CptCat said:

Sorry, the page has not found. Can you give me a download link?

Hey

 

You can find a download on our discord server: 

https://discord.gg/jQPEUH

 

Unfortunately the website broke cause old php or something. 

 

I am currently working on RL8. Stay tuned - release will be soon. 

 

Sneak peek on discord as well

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Solano said:

Hey

 

You can find a download on our discord server: 

https://discord.gg/jQPEUH

 

Unfortunately the website broke cause old php or something. 

 

I am currently working on RL8. Stay tuned - release will be soon. 

 

Sneak peek on discord as well

how about the luts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyrmoon said:

You can try Recolor mod. It's basically the same thing.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=649832908

I recommend to set "The East wind" preset.

 

On the surface it can be enough for some people in terms of settings but it is actually limited in contrast to the lut system real light uses. So I must disagree, it is not the same when it comes to details. Luts are more versatile and can achieve way more than just simple sliders for the 3 main colors, contrast and saturation. Don't get me wrong, it's great work but not the same. 

 

51 minutes ago, CptCat said:

how about the luts?

A few members can help u out. Not at home right now... Sorry

 

Be back soon with RL8. 

Til then - have a good one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Solano said:

一些成员可以帮助你。现在不在家...抱歉

I konw update what ,thanks ,can you send the Luts to my email :qq429661063@outlook.com,when you're free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CptCat said:

I konw update what ,thanks ,can you send the Luts to my email :qq429661063@outlook.com,when you're free

You'll be able to download it yourself soon. Will announce the go live here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×