Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

hello, i tried to get this as i had to delete it and i cannot find the right version the reshade site doesnt list 2.0 as downloadable or i cant find the link?

nm found a link in the foums. Thanks for the preset if i havent said it before

Hey lordprimate - 

you are welcome.

Could you share the link here maybe?

I didnt realized that the ReShade guys just disabled their former releases for download until you wrote here.

I will have to update RL once more to their new release and will keep you guys informed about my update as soon as I got the time to do it.

Sorry for the inconvenience for now. 

Regards

• Like 1

No offence Solano but your mod was a blessing but also a curse.

I liked how it was before the 1.60 update, it was up to thn player to decide if he wanted to make use of Real Light or use the default lighting.

It's quite clear that you were an insipiration for BIS and I'm sure that the visual update was related to your mod. Unfortunately that move caused much more damage than good.

I know many that decided to leave the game because custom maps they used to play on turned out to be much worse than before.

All in all you did a great job but unfortunately also  inspired ( not your fault :) BIS to make the game less interesting visually.

• Like 1

No offence Solano but your mod was a blessing but also a curse.

I liked how it was before the 1.60 update, it was up to thn player to decide if he wanted to make use of Real Light or use the default lighting.

It's quite clear that you were an insipiration for BIS and I'm sure that the visual update was related to your mod. Unfortunately that move caused much more damage than good.

I know many that decided to leave the game because custom maps they used to play on turned out to be much worse than before.

All in all you did a great job but unfortunately also  inspired ( not your fault :) BIS to make the game less interesting visually.

Hey nikiforos,

no offense taken at all. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I can´t say if I was an inspiration to them. All I know is that they always had a photorealism that I didn´t liked that much. Photorealism and realism are two different things for me. With photorealism you try to imitate what a camera image presents you as near as possible. Realism is the goal which can't be reached 100% as the dynamic range in arma can't provide a necessary spectrum imo. Anyway - with my first approaches (pre-visual update) I cranked the brightness up in certain areas to give a feel of "Real Light" and that is where the name came from. I took me a lot of steps to get better (we are in V7 now). I will never get what I initially tried to - but I can try to push it as far as I can. 

For Altis and Stratis the light didn´t felt mediterranien enough to me and with the old grey tint it was kind of easy to get a more sunlit and dynamic light into the game which you could "feel". Sun was suddenly "burning" and overcast wasnt the end of days anymore rather a more realistic tone imo. Back then I think it was the way to go for my perceiving and so I took that course.

Once I got a message in a dead thread for RL6 by one of the BI Devs named googlava: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182898-real-light-v6-reshade-preset-wip/page-4#entry2896423who said: 

"Hi there, I saw your light update a must say, it's very intersting a nice. Good job  ;) , I hope arma will be look like this by default. "

But otherwise I never saw any reference by BI to my preset whatsoever. So in the end we can really just guess but I think we all agree that the old version of Arma looked just not good anymore and wasn't state of the art anymore.

Back then I did the preset for myself and when I started sharing it - it made me happy to see the download counter rising from day to day - knowing that there are people out there enjoying my work. I even got a few donations which contributed to the server costs which was nice. 

I understand that many of you don't like the new lightning because you got no choice anymore about getting that particular look. But as I said earlier - the approach to get a realistic image is just not easy and you can't please everyone except you would give the user a toggle for old/new ligthning I guess. It was funny for me to see how the offical update rolled out and exact the same parties seemed to appear as with my first releases of Real Light. The ones that hated it and the ones that loved it. Rarely something inbetween. But still I would have loved to read at least one line about this preset when their update news came out for the new lightning - that I must say. But maybe they couldn´t admire that your theory is true. I am just guessing.

For me the new lightning is of course nice because it got much of the Real Light look in it and I can today just focus on the coloring and contrasts. But I understand everyone of you who wishes themself the old lightning back to have a choice.

I don't know how much the Arma Engine can and will be extended regarding the look but maybe the next visual upgrade will be one that pleases even more people and the current state is a milestone towards it.

Regards

Solano

• Like 1

I have a special announcement tonight.
I got the permission to host every piece that is needed to make Real Light run - myself. So we have a new Installation routine from now on which is the easiest there ever was. Just unzip!

Check it out! The curse is lifted :)
(If you already got it installed - keep it. It is the same version)

With permission by Crosire I want to thank him and his crew again and especially Ganossa for making the Tuning Palette Shader. Without that we wouldn't have Real Light.

Enjoy and spread the word!

Regards and a big thank you to the ReShade Team
  • Like 4

Hey very cool Solano, I'll have to give this all in one zip n go a run... or I should say unzip and go but that sounds nasty for some reason 0_o

Good news on the package download. Should help those that struggled with the older install. J

• Like 2

I cant get it to work, I have done all the things in that you have stated to do in the original post, but neither have worked. I get to the launcher and it doesn't load once I hit the play button, the task starts for a second but I have to quit it manually to stop it and I have already checked for other Reshades in my steam and haven't found any others. pls help

I cant get it to work, I have done all the things in that you have stated to do in the original post, but neither have worked. I get to the launcher and it doesn't load once I hit the play button, the task starts for a second but I have to quit it manually to stop it and I have already checked for other Reshades in my steam and haven't found any others. pls help

It is now just a download which you have to unpack into your main game directory.

There is nothing more you need to do.

Pls try again with the provided file at: http://sh8.videopilot.link/real-light-7/#download

Great stuff Solano....as always.  :)

Just came back to real light yesterday.I always used the vivid LUT for RLV6 but stopped after the visual update to A3. Great to see it is still looking good :) Will there be more LUTS like there was for V6? At the moment i can only see 2-would love some like we had before for more vivid settings etc.

Just came back to real light yesterday.I always used the vivid LUT for RLV6 but stopped after the visual update to A3. Great to see it is still looking good :) Will there be more LUTS like there was for V6? At the moment i can only see 2-would love some like we had before for more vivid settings etc.

Hi ineptaphid,

I will make more LUTs in the future. Vivid LUTs are kind of obsolete because of two reasons. You can now push the saturation natively in ArmAs graphics menu and you can use more LUT Power so to speak when follow the instructions at the bottom here: http://sh8.videopilot.link/luts/

I planned to do a LUT for the CUP Maps. Unfortunately the LUTs I provide now are all attuned to Altis/Stratis and Tanoa and can´t work for both map generations. 

But I always welcome suggestions for looks you may want to have. 

Just post a picture of a particular look so I get what you mean. Can be anything :)

Regards

How do we use these luts ? Is there a way to change on the fly ?

Hi by the way :-)

How do we use these luts ? Is there a way to change on the fly ?

It is possible to change them while the game is running.

Here on this page on the bottom is the manual how to do so:

http://sh8.videopilot.link/luts

This is how change the LUTs:

I create a new line in the Shaders_by_Ganossa.cfg for every LUT and simply comment out all but the one I am currently using.

//#define TuningColorLUTDstTexture "rl7.png" //[undef] //-Needs to have 256x16 pixels
//#define TuningColorLUTDstTexture "chernarus.png" //[undef] //-Needs to have 256x16 pixels
#define TuningColorLUTDstTexture "blucon.png" //[undef] //-Needs to have 256x16 pixels   

New Chernarus LUT available. 

http://sh8.videopilot.link/luts/#chernarus

Please leave some Feedback if you try it

Regards

Thanks for this. I play primarily on temperate maps and I had been disabling Real Light / ReShade because it was way too bright. Things now look very good with this new LUT.

Did anyone receive a new update on the DEV 1.67 branch today? I am not sure if something updated or not (Steam does not say what was changed) but now I cannot launch ARMA with RESHADE under DX11.

arma3.exe The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000009a)

If I remove or rename the dll to something other than DXGI.DLL (DX11) then it works.

I checked and unchecked BattleEye. Its not BE.

I can play ARMA 3 without this mod but now it looks terrible again.

Just wondering as it was working 24 hours ago!

@Valken You need ReShade64.dll for last DEV 1.67 because arma3.exe is 64bit now ;)

@ Horus. Got it. Working - sorta... there is an error message tossed up by reshade.fx on load. probably pointing to the correct exe should fix it.

In testing, I lost 10 FPS on the same settings compared to 32bit so going back to 32bit for now! :D

On December 13, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Horus said:

@Valken You need ReShade64.dll for last DEV 1.67 because arma3.exe is 64bit now ;)

Is there an area that I can get this from? Or can I just use the generic one?

8 hours ago, Valken said:

@ Horus. Got it. Working - sorta... there is an error message tossed up by reshade.fx on load. probably pointing to the correct exe should fix it.

In testing, I lost 10 FPS on the same settings compared to 32bit so going back to 32bit for now! :D

What did you do to get it to work if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 11:25 PM, sniper pilot said:

Is there an area that I can get this from? Or can I just use the generic one?

What did you do to get it to work if you don't mind me asking?

Download this version http://www.mediafire.com/file/hd25q2558um47el/ReShade+2.0.3+with+Framework+2.0.7z

Copy ReShade64.dll to your Arma 3 DEV folder and rename it to dxgi.dll and then rename Arma3 folder to Arma3_x64 in ReShade\Profiles.

• Like 2