Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

Looking forward to this..I liked RL6 made things a lot nicer.

I haven't tried this, but man am I going to have to. Makes everything look so much better!

• Like 1

These look great. I've been messing with RL6 to try and lessen the over brightness. I'm glad to see you're working on a version for the lighting update (I suck at editing Reshade and sweetfx and the like haha)

Looking good Solano. For me saturation looks a little too high.. ? But I like the punch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vanilla vs RL7. Little snippet out of the Apex campaign.

Release will be soon!

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=c8dcf7aa-5e3f-11e6-8965-0e7075bba956

I really like how fresh Tanoa looks with this. Vanilla it's like everything has a brownish/grey overlay and Tanoa looks like it hasn't seen rain in a month or two lol. This v7's color is great, not too colorful (like 90% of people PP presets are) but the colors are full enough. Great work as always

• Like 1

Real Light 7 is now live

Hey guys,

since I had much work to do I couldn't deliver as fast as I wanted. Today is the release of Real Light 7. As you all know we got a new ingame lightning with the Apex update and the old Real Light couldn't work anymore. Now with Version 7 you get a graphic enhancement for Tanoa, Altis and Stratis. You don't need to swap LUTs or anything.

It is the best Real Light I´ve ever made so far and I hope you enjoy it.

In the future I will develop more LUTs (Look Up Tables - these are responsible for recoloring the game via ReShade) to give you guys more possibilities to individualize your ArmA. You will get them later on the website as well.
I am thankful for every feedback and hope you like Real Light 7.

Please don´t merge RL7 with an existing reshade structure if you used RL6 or even RL5 before. It won't work. Everyone has to make a fresh install like I described on the Real Light website. So please install from scratch and erase the old stuff.

I created a Discord Server for you guys to have an easy to reach channel for getting help, feedback or just showcasing your favourite Real Light 7 moments.
In the past I answered to e-mails and comments on my website but the Spambots were too annoying. So now you can still mail me or get in touch via discord.

Best Regards

Solano 

• Like 7

Just a quick thank you! I installed version 7 last night and tried it on Stratis, only briefly. My first impression is that the changes seem to be very subtle, the grey tint is gone, but it doesn't change the general colouring of the game too much. I have yet to try it on Altis and Tanoa and community islands.

can someone help me with this thing? I don't understand how it's supposed to work, can't get it to run (I never used ReShade before).

I downloaded both ReShade and RealLight. I only did these steps:

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
  1. Get the ReShade 2.0 Version (ReShade 2.0.3f1.7z) in the alternative downloads section at http://reshade.me/ at the bottom. Copy the following items from the ReShade download in your main game directory where the game.exe is located:

â–° ReShade Folder
    â–° ReShade.fx
    â–° ReShade32.dll

Now you have ReShade in your main Game folder.
  2. Rename the ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll
  3. Open the folder called ReShade in your main game folder and copy the content over from the Real Light V7 zip file you´ve downloaded here. Replace everything that is asked.

Done!

it didn't work. so I started doing all kinds of stuff like toggling "Run as admin" on all executables I could find. then I launched the Mediator.exe and clicked on some buttons there...

eventually I got ReShade to launch with the game, but it still doesn't work in-game. pressing Scroll Lock does nothing.

so, here's my folder structure, maybe one of you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Z5WOBm-bCqQ.jpg

VEXu_f6YlDM.jpg

still not working. but I noticed that my Steam overlay also wasn't working (couldn't take screenshots with F12, for example, Shift+Tab also doesn't work in Arma 3), so maybe scroll lock isn't being recognized by the system at all.

I really like the subtle change when using V7. It's like when after you've cleaned a dirty pair of glasses and you get that short moment of "wow, so this is how it should look?". well done :)

I really like the subtle change when using V7. It's like when after you've cleaned a dirty pair of glasses and you get that short moment of "wow, so this is how it should look?". well done :)

Thank you all very much!

still not working. but I noticed that my Steam overlay also wasn't working (couldn't take screenshots with F12, for example, Shift+Tab also doesn't work in Arma 3), so maybe scroll lock isn't being recognized by the system at all.

ReShade is set to start automatically. When its installed correctly you see white text about the version and the project in the upper left.

If you dont see that - something is still wrong

Thanks Solano!

I've never known that I've been waiting for this until I actually enabled it. I thought the new lightning looked great, but then you removed that dull layer again. :)

Exactly how one would re-touch a photograph too. 

BTW, I followed your installation steps, everything was where you wrote it would be and it went smooth and without any problems.

ReShade is set to start automatically. When its installed correctly you see white text about the version and the project in the upper left.

If you dont see that - something is still wrong

it does start, I see the text. it just doesn't do anything in-game, nor does Scroll Lock work

it does start, I see the text. it just doesn't do anything in-game, nor does Scroll Lock work

There's no red text at the bottom of the white text when it pops up at first in the top left corner? I use Reshade in almost every game I play, and when set up correctly works every time. Are you using the correct Reshade version?

no red text. just white text, but it disappears after about 10-15 seconds, not sure if that is how it's supposed to be. I'll just show a picture:

2VARQgrNOHk.jpg

God Solano how do you do it? After switching to Reallight V6 I could never go back to vanilla. Then the visual update came out so i stopped using Reallight thinking "well the game looks pretty fantastic now". Then i see reallight V7 and realise what i was missing all over again :)

• Like 3

sorophx I'm guessing you did what I did when reinstalling real light after taking a break from ARMA. Are you using the correct ReShade dll and renamed to dxgi.dll? It has to be the ReShade32.dll, the game is LAA but not 64 bit. I was using the 64 (without thinking about it) and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get my game to load up the ReShade but it was compiling at the beginning.