Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

I hope they will upgrade reshade to the new lighting engine. I find reshade the best visual mod for A3.

Personally I think that Solano's Real Light mod was the reason the devs decided to work on new visuals. They were probably inspired .

I prefered to have the old lighting and using external mods as Real Light instead, made the game much more adjustable to one's liking.

• Like 3

Personally I think that Solano's Real Light mod was the reason the devs decided to work on new visuals. They were probably inspired .

I prefered to have the old lighting and using external mods as Real Light instead, made the game much more adjustable to one's liking.

He,he , I thought I'm the only one who does prefer old lighting with real light than BI...

Please tell me someone is working on a fix for the new 1.60 lighting... it looks great on Altis, granted, but seems to have screwed up all the other maps something terrible... wierd green cast on all vegetation, way too much contrast etc.

Solano.. work your magic please :-)

• Like 1

AHHHHH can't help it - was trying not to post... they've ruined the older maps....

QuZZ6C7.jpg

RAMnNgg.jpg

My Eyes are bleeding... Too much bleach !

• Like 1

Please tell me someone is working on a fix for the new 1.60 lighting... it looks great on Altis, granted, but seems to have screwed up all the other maps something terrible... wierd green cast on all vegetation, way too much contrast etc.

Solano.. work your magic please :-)

You know, you could always fiddle with these right?

FiSBFJD.jpg

Works a charm.

• Like 2

FiSBFJD.jpg

Works a charm.

NO it does NOT ! I spend hours trying different settings but IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to get settings like on this screen (fraps made it a bit brighter). If you show me the proper settings to have it like below, I will be glad to say thank you.

890357F78FBF01B528F4FACEDFA8AC67952B3B04

FiSBFJD.jpg

Works a charm.

Hi, yep, tried all the settings, and the core gamma and brightness sliders. Best I was able to get was dropping gamma to 0.8. Which made nighttime literally pitch black and cocked up all the other maps to boot.

So yes you can adjust the sliders but it will only adjust within the"corrected" colour-space of altis or stratis which have had their assets adjusted to work with the new light.

So respectfully we still need Solano-San...

Any updates on this?

I have to agree with pawelkpl, even after hours of playing around with the buildt in sliders and even the ReColor Addon, I was not able to find a setup that was suitable for RealLight+Any Map+Any Time of Day.
This is rather unfortunate. Since Tanoa is out on DevBranch, could a new version of Real Light be configured now?

Even with the latest improvements to the ArmA 3 Lighting Engine, ReShade does offer quite an improvement and I really can't play without it anymore to be honest.

To anyone who maybe interested with the lighting overhaul having a lot of LUTs on 6.2 can just be way too much, so I went for the far more subtle LUT of V5 which is okay on altis but still too much. However using it on Tanoa I get the following results of which personally is to my taste and just about right, it may or may not suit your liking until or If Solano decides to update. 

rDtfVad.jpg
3XupYGP.jpg
ejsSoGM.jpg

Hey guys,

the good news is that I will definitely try to enhance the new lightning overall of arma even more. This will be a process of try and error to achieve a look I am satisfied with. I only want to share high quality with you.

The bad news is that I got ton of work to do at the moment and I can´t say when there will be a release at the moment.

It honors me that so many of you are asking for an update - really.

Real Light V7 will come - I just can´t tell you when at this point. I can only recommend to "subscribe" (or whatever its called in this forum) to this thread because if there are news you will read them here first.

All the best

Solano

• Like 7

Nice to hear from you Solano! Don't give up on us :)

I believe that your mod influenced and inspired the dev's to work with the  visual options  in the future. 

Take your time and do your magic so everyone can be happy with how the game looks :)

• Like 1

Reshade V7 - "The Tropical Edition"

• Like 2

So, with the APEX release imminent - any word on an updated installation of this? Honestly I need this. ArmA just looks too dull by default if you got used to Real Light once. 

Good evening everyone,

I started to work on RL V7 just now.

Will deliver some screens soon!

• Like 4

Thank heavens! While I appreciate that most people like the Visual Upgrade and it's certainly an improvement on the old vanilla IQ for the majority who don't tinker I was much happier with Real Light on top of the old lighting. In fact the change has rather killed off my desire to play Arma - really hope you can re-kindle my interest Solano,

Thank heavens! While I appreciate that most people like the Visual Upgrade and it's certainly an improvement on the old vanilla IQ for the majority who don't tinker I was much happier with Real Light on top of the old lighting. In fact the change has rather killed off my desire to play Arma - really hope you can re-kindle my interest Solano,

That is some pressure :D

But of course I do my best.

Wow-very nice Solano. i actually stopped using RealLight when the visual update for Arma was released to Dev branch, but i may start again after seeing these pics :)

Wow-very nice Solano. i actually stopped using RealLight when the visual update for Arma was released to Dev branch, but i may start again after seeing these pics :)

Thank you ineptaphid,

jeah - RL V6 was based on the old lightning only of course - looked too overdone with the new lightning. 

My goal is that you can use Real Light 7 for Altis/Stratis and Tanoa without swapping LUTs.

• Like 1