Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

Oh wonderful. Say how does one post screenshots here? I can't seem to drag or paste or attach. It's a bummer because I want to share the pictures I've taken with some of these LUTs.

The images need to be under 100KB.

A better solution to share your images is to post an imgur album.

Its quite easy to handle and set up.

59bEain.jpg

Just a prototype for the upcoming update.

Left side my Color Correction - right side Vanilla Arma with the new shading and what not.

Real Light will definitely be updated as soon as the new update arrives.

Until then - enjoy!

• Like 5

So i think I figured out the weird motion blur thing with the vids Solano... its the Sharpen filter.... 

I turned that to 0 and my vids don't have it like they did when we were talking about it...

See if that works for you

• Like 2

So i think I figured out the weird motion blur thing with the vids Solano... its the Sharpen filter.... 

I turned that to 0 and my vids don't have it like they did when we were talking about it...

See if that works for you

THAT is interesting!

Thank you so much for getting back at me with this!

I never would have thought about that part.

Wil do some recording testings soon - thanks again!

Maybe my old card can record stuff properly in the end! So excited!

Really Thanks to solano. I enjoyed your preset pretty much and this totally turned arma3 into new game.

but I have a question. when playing arma3 with Reshade, fullscreen and windowed borderless image is different.

fullscreen mode have more deep dark shadows and contrast, and can't get screenshot that fullscreen mode is showing. what is this?

Really Thanks to solano. I enjoyed your preset pretty much and this totally turned arma3 into new game.

but I have a question. when playing arma3 with Reshade, fullscreen and windowed borderless image is different.

fullscreen mode have more deep dark shadows and contrast, and can't get screenshot that fullscreen mode is showing. what is this?

Hi CookieCombo,

thank you very much.

About your issue. I never heard or saw that to be honest and I am not sure what to do about it. Do you force this window borderless with some other software?

Use your „print screen key“ intead of Steams bind. ReShade will save your screenshot at the location of your game .exe.

Regards

I can try - 

the most common mistakes are the forgotten renaming of the dll file or the misplacing of all the files.

Do you use the 32 Bit hook (dll file) of ReShade? Because Arma is 32 Bit - so you need the 32 Bit version of ReShade:  ReShade32.dll. It has nothing to do with your OS architecture.

regards

Arma 3 crashing after the addons have loaded is a key indicator of the game not going to GPU when it launches (0 CPU usage but it appears n the taskmanager as if it is running). Most often caused by overlays meeting reshades DX hook.

The solution is that you most likely should double, triple check for any program whatsoever the could be trying to draw on your screen. ATI Tools sweetfx, Nvidia effects (try setting Nvidia inspector/Control panel to factory settings) Dxtory, Fraps, Even steam overlay, f.lux and shadowplay.

Anything that might get in the way. Some of these normally work with the mod but may not in your case due to how things are set up. 

You may also be triggering battleeye, try running the game directly through arma3.exe not the battleye exe (which steam normally runs) or the launcher. You can force this by downloading arma3synmc and pointing it to arma3.exe. You will not be able to join Battleye enabled mujltiplayer servers with this mod enabled.

The same thing was happening to me, the crash, I deleted all the sweetfx stuff from the main folder, then went through the installation as per real Light site, and it now works a treat, what a difference, now playing with the LUT's now to see what one will be my default, no frame rate issues observed at all either.

• Like 1

The same thing was happening to me, the crash, I deleted all the sweetfx stuff from the main folder, then went through the installation as per real Light site, and it now works a treat, what a difference, now playing with the LUT's now to see what one will be my default, no frame rate issues observed at all either.

it's sweet isn't it! I have been using the middle setting of the RICH LUT-works good for me.

Arma 3 crashing after the addons have loaded is a key indicator of the game not going to GPU when it launches (0 CPU usage but it appears n the taskmanager as if it is running). Most often caused by overlays meeting reshades DX hook.

The solution is that you most likely should double, triple check for any program whatsoever the could be trying to draw on your screen. ATI Tools sweetfx, Nvidia effects (try setting Nvidia inspector/Control panel to factory settings) Dxtory, Fraps, Even steam overlay, f.lux and shadowplay.

Anything that might get in the way. Some of these normally work with the mod but may not in your case due to how things are set up. 

You may also be triggering battleeye, try running the game directly through arma3.exe not the battleye exe (which steam normally runs) or the launcher. You can force this by downloading arma3synmc and pointing it to arma3.exe. You will not be able to join Battleye enabled mujltiplayer servers with this mod enabled.

Sorry, one more thing to add. Deleting reshade32,reshade64,dxgi,d3d9 from your Arma directory and going to reshade.me and downloading the latest ones may work. 

Try not copying reshade64, just copy reshade32.dll and rename it to "dxgi.dll" 

There's one last method to try but it's sort of a "if nothing else worked and you're desperate" thing that I'd have to talk you through on teamspeak

Okay after trying this out, no doubt it is a must-have from now on. Costs 1fps!!!

I'd like to try the advanced DOF version as well.

Is there a way to change the f-10 key binding? Since that is used for squad control

Also, I have Nvidia and can't find anything resembling "Full RGB mode" in the color settings of Nvidia Control Panel. So, not sure if I'm missing out on something? It looks pretty damn good in-game to me...

I'm getting the black screen issue; went into the BIOS, triple-checked, and could never find any HPET settings. Any suggestions?

Same on my side! Since the update, BE is blocking dxgi.dll. Is there a solution to resolve it?

Cheers!

I'am not at my deskt right now, but in the past you could just add an exception for the dxgi.dll at the launcher.

I'm getting the black screen issue; went into the BIOS, triple-checked, and could never find any HPET settings. Any suggestions?

If you on Win7 you can disable Desktop Window Manager Session Manager in your services before you start the game and see if it helps you.

Setting the dxgi.dll file as "read only" fixed it for me.

Worked for me! Thanks mate for your advice.

If you on Win7 you can disable Desktop Window Manager Session Manager in your services before you start the game and see if it helps you.

Nah, Windows 10 :( Damn it. Is there nothing I can do to get this working? I tried the CMD command, to no effect.

just wanted to chime in and say wow what a visual difference this makes. thanks!

So does the SweetFX injector or proxy dll trigger a battleye ban on the latest version of BE? I noticed its proxy dll is blacklisted now.

Tonight I tried the new version of Reshade 2.0.1f1 with your settings and v5 LUT and I can say that game/effects start faster :ph34r: ( maybe placebo but :dancered: ).

PS

I wrote BE support to add new version of dxgi.dll to the whitelist.

Okay, since today BE blocked my dxgi.dll, leaving me stuck on the desktop. Tried to install the new ReShade 2.0.1f2 and the new reallight v6 (enhanced) with the crisp LUT. Can someone explain to me how to setup everything correct because with the new ReShade version the install manual regarding Reallight seems outdated. There arent even the needed folders anymore. Structure seems completly changed. How do I install this now, how do I add a new LUT and how do I run Arma without BE blocking me...?

I highly recommend NOT TO SWITCH to 2.0.1f2 for now.

I looked into the new structure and it is once again overhauled.

For those who got it working already with the previous version of ReShade just stick to it. The update of ReShade wont fit to the current installation method provided on my website.

When I got more time I will check on how to adapt to the new version.

_

The tiresome topic with BattlEye comes up again. It seems that an update by them refuses the hook of ReShade.

I don´t know how many times they won´t whitelist it from the start but for now I only can say that this is an issue with ReShade which real light is a preset for.

Disabling BattlEye will let you play the game of course with Real Light but you can´t play Online on Servers who require BE.

I am really sorry about the situation right now and I try to adapt RL6 to the newest structure of ReShade as soon as I can.

Regards

• Like 2

Yesterday before midnight I tried to join a server and the dxgi.dll plus afterburner´s statistics server tool was blocked by battleye. I contacted battleye support. 2 hours later I got a mail all problems are solved. I made a test and voilà, it worked after midnight 1.30 am.

Impossible to play without your reshade version, solano :D