Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

A couple of minutes ago i checked your updatet pictures on https://sfx.thelazy.net

I think your preset would be better when the skybox wouldnt be so massive shiny, on some pictures the clouds are too bright  (my opinion) that is not enough contrast to the bright sky. A little bit darker skybox would make a huge difference in my opinion

A couple of minutes ago i checked your updatet pictures on https://sfx.thelazy.net

I think your preset would be better when the skybox wouldnt be so massive shiny, on some pictures the clouds are too bright  (my opinion) that is not enough contrast to the bright sky. A little bit darker skybox would make a huge difference in my opinion

Thanks for your feedback!

I don´t know if you use Real Light already but if you do you should try the LUT Blu Sky. It has a darker Sky to give an alternative look for the sky.

I didn´t had the time to make more shots for the different LUTs but they are very easy to apply and change - even while the game is running.

A look at the three LUTs, Crisp, Arctic & Blue Sky

• Like 3

A look at the three LUTs, Crisp, Arctic & Blue Sky

Once again many thanks for making another great video for Real Light Jeza! Thank you

Thank you very much for sharing!

Just started using V6 Advanced and I love the night sky now that the awful bands or whatever they are called are gone!I'm still tweaking-downloaded the "Neutral" LUT and I like it!

One thing-does V6 Advanced affect AntiAliasing? I seem to have some jagged edges-not a lot,but can I do something about it?

Just started using V6 Advanced and I love the night sky now that the awful bands or whatever they are called are gone!I'm still tweaking-downloaded the "Neutral" LUT and I like it!

One thing-does V6 Advanced affect AntiAliasing? I seem to have some jagged edges-not a lot,but can I do something about it?

Thank you.

There is no AA by enabled in RL6 by default. Maybe you tweaked such settings and forgot?

Or maybe you changed the ingame sharpness?

If not I can guarantee that RL just changes colors only so far and advanced debands on top.

Regards

Thank you.

There is no AA by enabled in RL6 by default. Maybe you tweaked such settings and forgot?

Or maybe you changed the ingame sharpness?

If not I can guarantee that RL just changes colors only so far and advanced debands on top.

Regards

i could have changed the setting myself-just did a reinstall of Win10.And now that the game is much brighter I may have only just noticed.thanks again for making this incredible addon-with it the sun feels warm!And the night doesnt have awful bands moving through the sky :)

i could have changed the setting myself-just did a reinstall of Win10.And now that the game is much brighter I may have only just noticed.thanks again for making this incredible addon-with it the sun feels warm!And the night doesnt have awful bands moving through the sky :)

You are welcome! I am glad you have so much fun with it :)

I don't know, I don't think I'm able to launch the game without this again. At first I was slightly skeptical, but wow... does it look good. Especially during the day!

• Like 1

I don't know, I don't think I'm able to launch the game without this again. At first I was slightly skeptical, but wow... does it look good. Especially during the day!

Thank you very much for your kind word rakowozz. Which LUT do you prefer?

A while ago I tried version 5 and unfortunately I had some problems with it: I found the image a bit too overexposed for my taste and something was wrong with my gamma values. So I stopped using RL but I continued to follow this thread.

Recently, I tried version 6.2 basic. It worked extremely well for me. The overexposure is still there but it has been reduced to a level where it doesn't bother me at all. Now I find that it depicts bright Mediterranean sunlight in a very believable way. The gamma values are OK, too. After this test I switched to version 6.2 advanced with DOF and I haven't looked back.

Currently I am experimenting with the LUTs. I like "crisp" for the contrast and the rich colours which give the scenery a fresher look. But for my taste the added saturation is a bit too much when I look at  the faces of the characters. "Neutral" is definetely one of my favourites, at least for the time being.

So thanks again, Solano, for sharing RL. It is a pleasure to see the dedication you put into this project and it is a pleasure to try new versions and new LUTs .

• Like 1

A while ago I tried version 5 and unfortunately I had some problems with it: I found the image a bit too overexposed for my taste and something was wrong with my gamma values. So I stopped using RL but I continued to follow this thread.

Recently, I tried version 6.2 basic. It worked extremely well for me. The overexposure is still there but it has been reduced to a level where it doesn't bother me at all. Now I find that it depicts bright Mediterranean sunlight in a very believable way. The gamma values are OK, too. After this test I switched to version 6.2 advanced with DOF and I haven't looked back.

Currently I am experimenting with the LUTs. I like "crisp" for the contrast and the rich colours which give the scenery a fresher look. But for my taste the added saturation is a bit too much when I look at  the faces of the characters. "Neutral" is definetely one of my favourites, at least for the time being.

So thanks again, Solano, for sharing RL. It is a pleasure to see the dedication you put into this project and it is a pleasure to try new versions and new LUTs .

Thank you very much for your detailed shared thoughts on this and your opinion. I really like that the system with the LUTs is accepted and works for you. I find it very convient because you can choose a look even ingame without fiddling around with too much files.

I totally understand your points. Crisp has really a lot of punch in contrast and saturation as well.

Like described on the LUT page you can apply a lut in a range of 100% as well. So you could apply the crisp LUT with 80% or less to maybe give you the little bit of detail you desire.

I really love doing this and I makes me happy to read such nice and detailed opinions. 

For gamma and brightness you could try to find a good balance with the native ingame settings maybe to make it suit you even more.

If you got questions don´t hesitate to get back here.

Regards

EDIT:

You can also easily make some adjustments in the SweetFX.cfg file.

Have a look here: http://sh8.videopilot.link/arma3/real-light-v6/#controls

There is the point "vibrance" - you can adjust that as well to lower saturation to your likings. Maybe it is a bit confusing to edit such cfg files but I tried to sort them so it is easy to understand and quick to reach.

Oh-had to say how great the change it makes to rain at night is! In vanilla at night with NVG's the rain shows as white streaks-very distracting.But using this it removes the white but leaves the rain just visible-far more realistic.Thanks again for totally changing the look of the game.(I keep pressing scroll lock to switch RL off and marveling at how bad A3 looks without it :D  )

Oh-had to say how great the change it makes to rain at night is! In vanilla at night with NVG's the rain shows as white streaks-very distracting.But using this it removes the white but leaves the rain just visible-far more realistic.Thanks again for totally changing the look of the game.(I keep pressing scroll lock to switch RL off and marveling at how bad A3 looks without it :D  )

Thank you for the nice compliments :)

I am glad it works on your Win 10 Installation. 

Do you have a favourite LUT for Real Light?

Thank you for the nice compliments :)

I am glad it works on your Win 10 Installation. 

Do you have a favourite LUT for Real Light?

Well at the moment I am just using RL Advanced,but I sometimes use Neutral LUT and I am going to download Vivid today to see what its like :) i would love to see a LUT suitable for different terrains-a more tan/orange focused one for middle east maps and a more temperate one for Chernarus etc.Although I played on Cherno using RL and it looks fantastic as well.

Well at the moment I am just using RL Advanced,but I sometimes use Neutral LUT and I am going to download Vivid today to see what its like :) i would love to see a LUT suitable for different terrains-a more tan/orange focused one for middle east maps and a more temperate one for Chernarus etc.Although I played on Cherno using RL and it looks fantastic as well.

Funny you mention that, I had the same Idea a few days ago - regarding custom LUTs for different Maps.

I think I will work on that.

Funny you mention that, I had the same Idea a few days ago - regarding custom LUTs for different Maps.

I think I will work on that.

That would be awesome :D Go for it!

I present to you my new LUT Rich!

arma3-2015-11-07-11-54-21-800x450.jpg

It comes in 3 increments for effect strength to fit your personal taste.

I recommend to give it a try live ingame to get the look and feel here as well.

Would love to make some ingame footage with it to give it a better preview but my video recordings get smashed by the youtube encoder. I got no Shadowplay feature with my GTX580 which seems to be the best tool to capture flawless ingame footage for youtube.

Enjoy

• Like 2

Probably the best looking LUT so far! <3

By the way, I too would like to know a good program to record gameplay videos - if you find one that suits you, give me a shout. ;)

Probably the best looking LUT so far! <3

By the way, I too would like to know a good program to record gameplay videos - if you find one that suits you, give me a shout. ;)

Thank you!

I tried many - but most of them didn´t cooperate with ReShade and made arma crashing.

So now I use Open Broadcaster Software and record my Screen while Arma is fullscreen borderless window. That works.

And the quality is insanely good. But after Youtube got it - it looks really crappy.

Here is a test of my recording. I uploaded it uncompressed (6 gig).

It is just blurry BS when moving. I use h.264 as well as Shadowplay. I really don´t know what the f is the problem.

Evil Organ has a much clearer picture in this one. He just used Shadowplay and uploaded it right away to Youtube. I mean seriously - what youtube gives me is not even close to that. ALTHOUGH i got the same quality when I watch the footage local on my PC. But youtube distorts it. Really annoys the hell out of me. </rant>

Yeah I know - sadly Shadowplay isn't an option for me either (AMD GPU), so I guess I'll have to live with blurry movements. ^^'

Even Dslyecxi's videos suffer from it, so I guess there aren't much to be done...