Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

Hi Solano,

great to see your engagement to serve your customers with an ongoing support.

Also a big thanks to Horus for assisting with his knowledge and toughness in order to find a solution.  :)

Greetings

McLupo

@Solano & @McLupo

Thank you both for your kind words. :)

@Solano

Maybe is good to add in your STARTUP CRASH FIX guide that people first check their BIOS and see if HPET is enabled. Some BIOS have option to choose 64bit or 32bit version for HPET ( 64 for 64bit OS and 32 for 32bit OS ).
If HPET is not enabled first enable it and try to run A3 with ReShade and if after this game don't want to start use bcdedit command (HPET is still enabled in BIOS). ;)

• Like 1

I downloaded and tried all this. Got the white screen and did what Horus found out. Got ingame no problem and everything worked just fine. Shut down the game and tried to start it again. White screen again.

I deleted all Real Light as a quick fix (late and wanted to play).

I will try again today and see what result I get.

I downloaded and tried all this. Got the white screen and did what Horus found out. Got ingame no problem and everything worked just fine. Shut down the game and tried to start it again. White screen again.

I deleted all Real Light as a quick fix (late and wanted to play).

I will try again today and see what result I get.

Hi andersson,

Horus updated his fix - maybe this will do the trick for you.

@Horus

Thanks for the addition.

I edited it accordingly in all my posts.

I just want to show you my night vision tweak (unfinished)  :cylon:

Oh, and i got a really bad fps during the video.

Oh, and sorry for the helicopters alarm.

Thanks for sharing sinny.

I suppose your tweak retaliates Real Light V6 for the NVG?

I am not into the Arma parameters but I could see that you used them to get this effect. Would you mind sharing them? I would like to try it. It looks cool.

And I see that you use the DOF version which blurrs even the bottom HUD am I right?

I´ll look into that - I think it is maskable in ReShade.

Regards

EDIT

I don´t have the blur on the bottom like you - maybe you tweaked it?

Thanks for sharing sinny.

I suppose your tweak retaliates Real Light V6 for the NVG?

I am not into the Arma parameters but I could see that you used them to get this effect. Would you mind sharing them? I would like to try it. It looks cool.

And I see that you use the DOF version which blurrs even the bottom HUD am I right?

I´ll look into that - I think it is maskable in ReShade.

Regards

EDIT

I don´t have the blur on the bottom like you - maybe you tweaked it?

Thanks man!

Yes i tweaked it a bit... And yes i use some PP-effects from arma combined with ReShade...

The goal was to create a NV-filter in reshade only, and map it to the key "N".

And have some lensdirt and some flare effect.

More "brightness flash" on explosions and when shots are fired.

But after one week of fails, i´m slowly giving up...

I created a torrent of my tweak try it out and i hope someone can take the project to the next level:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:72D309526EC75956A0C8FB9EF58BEC3756BFF71E

Does this command fix decrasing FPS ? I think im experiencing 20fps less since i enabled userplatformclock. Is this even possible ?

EDIT : I turned off userplatformclock and my FPS gained 15-20+ average so...back to ReshadeV5 now.

Anyway, i have Z87XUD3H mobo and there is no HPET settings.

Solano...is possible to bring V6 look into V5 also ?

Does this command fix decrasing FPS ? I think im experiencing 20fps less since i enabled userplatformclock. Is this even possible ?

EDIT : I turned off userplatformclock and my FPS gained 15-20+ average so...back to ReshadeV5 now.

Solano...is possible to bring V6 look into V5 also ?

Sorry to hear.

I think with an disproportionate amount of effort it would be possible to reach a similarity of the V6 look. But V5 is based on a really outdated version of ReShade now and it wouldn´t be possible to use the tweaks from V6 in it so the clipping would be the same which would be a step back.

All in all I won´t "upgrade" V5.

I am not techy enough in this area to tell you why this command makes V6 work but steals you fps like in your case. Maybe Horus could tell us.

Regards

Can you again turn on useplatformclock and test game with Real Light v5 and see if you lose again FPS.

A user from Steam called J4N found a solution for his issues this way:

I can maybe offer another fix for those who have the same problems like me before.
I had an old Sweetfx folder in my arma3 directory. After none of your fixes worked for me, I just downloaded the sweetfx standalone from your linked page as well and copied the contend to the sweetfx folder that was already in my directory(Intergrate and override if asked). After doing that I followed your install instructions again and it worked \o/ 
I am just playing on an official server with it. 
So maybe this could help some of you too;)

I asked @calibre to test V5 with useplatformclock because some ppl report problems with FPS when they use ReShade Framework.

I'd like to report that with Nvidia Driver 355.82 (released 31st of august) the 99% core load FPS drop issue is still occuring. This happens after a random amount of time in multiple games like Arma 3 and GTA V.

Are you sure this is a driver issue? Shouldn't it be fixed by now?

This could possibly be related to a shader I have activated in the Framework package (1.0)
I did a little more testing and this drop does not happen with the 0.19.2 SweetFX Package hosted on the Home Page Downloads.
Something either with 1.0 or the Framework Package (possibly shaders or the actual package) is causing this GPU Core Load issue.
I'm about 99% sure this is happening from an individual shader. Probably Embossing or something else is custom FX

It's not happening with 1.0 DL with SweetFX shaders and my currently selected Framework shaders.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did a little more testing on the 1.00 99% core load issue.
This happens in GTA V with the framework pacakge with either 1.00 .dll or 0.19.2

Doesn't seem to happen with SweetFX 1.00 or 0.19.2
Something with the Framework package is causing the core load issue in this game.

Dude....Solano....

I've been using 6.2 with the Crisp LUT for about a month now. Every now and then, I accidentally hit the Scroll Lock button and it looks like all of the color and life from the game disappears. This mod is fantastic, I don't know how I played this game for years on the default graphics.

Whats the different between 

-Reshade32.dll

AND

-Reshade64.dll

I'm running 64bit OS and I'm just curious whether I should use the 64.dll (despite it saying use the 32.dll) :P (Or if the 32 and 64 even refer to OS, or the game... No idea)

Whats the different between 

-Reshade32.dll

AND

-Reshade64.dll

I'm running 64bit OS and I'm just curious whether I should use the 64.dll (despite it saying use the 32.dll) :P (Or if the 32 and 64 even refer to OS, or the game... No idea)

This little file is the Hook which enters and injects the game stream. It has nothing to do with your OS but with the architecture the game was built with. Arma is a 32Bit Game so it needs the ReShade32.dll.

This little file is the Hook which enters and injects the game stream. It has nothing to do with your OS but with the architecture the game was built with. Arma is a 32Bit Game so it needs the ReShade32.dll.

Cheers mate. I had a slight suspicion Arma3 was 32bit however I still had no idea what they were actually for :P

EDIT: Currently running the V6 Advanced DOF and its amazing! Only concern, don't even think its a concern, the only thing I;ve noticed is that when flying the DOF if always very close regardless if I look out into the distance. I presume its doing that due to the canopy glass? Hopefully that makes sense. 

Cheers mate. I had a slight suspicion Arma3 was 32bit however I still had no idea what they were actually for :P

EDIT: Currently running the V6 Advanced DOF and its amazing! Only concern, don't even think its a concern, the only thing I;ve noticed is that when flying the DOF if always very close regardless if I look out into the distance. I presume its doing that due to the canopy glass? Hopefully that makes sense. 

Sure no problem.

Thank you.

The DoF Version is static in the viewdistance and focuspoint. I think when you fly in third person you get kind of a wider FOV and maybe that distorts the effect then compared to the usual ego view - but correct me if I am wrong.

You can turn the focuspoint for the DoF up so the flying is maybe a bit more comfortable.

In the McFX.cfg at Line 63 you can increase the value for higher view distance so to speak. It´s annotated as well in the file.

Hope that can help.

Regards

Sure no problem.

Thank you.

The DoF Version is static in the viewdistance and focuspoint. I think when you fly in third person you get kind of a wider FOV and maybe that distorts the effect then compared to the usual ego view - but correct me if I am wrong.

You can turn the focuspoint for the DoF up so the flying is maybe a bit more comfortable.

In the McFX.cfg at Line 63 you can increase the value for higher view distance so to speak. It´s annotated as well in the file.

Hope that can help.

Regards

Just had a gander then mate, look very interesting. If I can get some confirmation on the following that'll help me a great deal. 

4.8 // [0.4:10.0] //

-I'm guessing the 4.8 is the value between the allowed 0.4 and 10.0? 

Just had a gander then mate, look very interesting. If I can get some confirmation on the following that'll help me a great deal. 

4.8 // [0.4:10.0] //

-I'm guessing the 4.8 is the value between the allowed 0.4 and 10.0? 

Jeah thats right. But sometimes it is just a suggestion - you can try more and see what happens so to speak.

• Like 1

Just saw a new Arctic LUT, have to try it out :)

If you haven´t already give Blu Sky a shot as well - it is my fav after Crisp.

Feedback is always welcome!

• Like 1

Ok, a bit of feedback here:

I had some problems using the Crisp LUT on the Kunduz map. It makes the sun light too bright and reduces visibility cause the picture gets so pale. 

The Arctic LUT looks great in the day, however, during night the blue color gets too strong and entire scene becomes so blue. So far, i liked the Arctic the most but it makes it too blue during night.

I'll try the Blue Sky and maybe revert to the standard 6.2 LUT.

Ok, a bit of feedback here:

I had some problems using the Crisp LUT on the Kunduz map. It makes the sun light too bright and reduces visibility cause the picture gets so pale. 

The Arctic LUT looks great in the day, however, during night the blue color gets too strong and entire scene becomes so blue. So far, i liked the Arctic the most but it makes it too blue during night.

I'll try the Blue Sky and maybe revert to the standard 6.2 LUT.

All right - thanks for the feedback.

I never tried RL on this map.

Regards