Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

@Solano:

I'd just like to check with you that your screenshots were made with "sharpening at 10" and not 100, right?

Btw, what's the catch with DoF version? How does it relate to the in-game DoF settings?

Hi spotter001,

jeah my settings for the shots and in general are sharpening at 10.

The DOF Version was made by popular demand. It uses a slight Bokeh effect. My preset is really subtle I´d say but the settings are easy acessible for personal tweaking. 

I don´t use the ingame DoF and I think it needs to be turned of if you use my DOF preset.

I must say because I don´t use the ingame setting at all I totally forgot to note that it has to be turned off. 

Ok, i had my sharpening at 100...guess i'll dial it down.

That is up to you.

My preset does not dictacte anything regarding your personal preference. It is just what the shots were made with and my personal preference. It doesn´t interfere with your liking of 100.

For the people who have the problem to start game with ReShade -> check if HPET is enabled in your BIOS.

For the people who have the problem to start game with ReShade -> check if HPET is enabled in your BIOS.

I will make this fix very big if I can be 100% sure this is the solution - on this thread, my website, reddit and the reshade forum.

Calibre benefited from it already - I hope this will be the solution for everyone else!

If any of your buddies - who may be not on this forum - got the same problem fixed with the Horus Tweak please let me know. 

I don´t want to spread the word until I am not 100% sure

I will make this fix very big if I can be 100% sure this is the solution.

This is the right approach.

Can you please, just for testing, to disable HPET in BIOS and try to run game with ReShade?

This is the right approach.

Can you please, just for testing, to disable HPET in BIOS and try to run game with ReShade?

i try to find that setting and will get back here

This may or may not have already been answered in these vast amount of pages.
It looks stunning. I'm really happy with it, although I cannot show my battlebuddies.
When I take screenshots with Steam, then the screenshots show it as the regular lights.
Not sure if this is a known "issue" or not. Do I have to use a different program to take the screenshots?

i try to find that setting and will get back here

Hi!

Run BIOS >Go to Settings > Advance> Integrated peripherals > HPET enabled/disabled >Save and Exit

If you run into problems set it back

Normally it is already enabled. (Recent hardware should support this)

Greetings

McLupo

This may or may not have already been answered in these vast amount of pages.

It looks stunning. I'm really happy with it, although I cannot show my battlebuddies.

When I take screenshots with Steam, then the screenshots show it as the regular lights.

Not sure if this is a known "issue" or not. Do I have to use a different program to take the screenshots?

Hi outlaw28,

use your „print screen key“ intead of Steams bind. ReShade will save your screenshot at the location of your game .exe.

If you got some more questions you can check my FAQ or just ask us here again.

Regards

Hi!

Run BIOS >Go to Settings > Advance> Integrated peripherals > HPET enabled/disabled >Save and Exit

If you run into problems set it back

Normally it is already enabled. (Recent hardware should support this)

Greetings

McLupo

Thanks McLupo,

will try today maybe after work.

Regards

Hi Solano,

I found how to fix this problem on my system because I don't know if this will work on others OS (vista,8 and 10) and CPU ( Intel or new AMD ->the successor of K10).

My OS is Win7 Ultimate 64bit and CPU is Phenom II X4 955 and fix for my system is to force OS to use HPET (HPET is already enabled in BIOS ).

How to -> open CMD with elevated privileges and type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true then restart. After this I always can run A3+ReShade without any white/black screen or game stop responding after message "Loading effect....Succeeded!".

Salute

This CMD line seems to work for me at the moment. I will try later this weekend but I have been able to start Arma3 with Reshade, 6 times in a row without any false start.

However it does not seem to solve the Battleye incompatibility that I have with Real Light (still need to disable Battleye).

Thank you Horus.

I am also running Win7 64 and HPET enabled in BIOS.

BE updated manually but still fail to launch. I will stay with BE disabled and only test with Horus cmd line this weekend.

I start game from arma3battleye.exe with .cmd file and I don't have any problem.... just change to yours fullPath/ArmA 3 and fullPath/arma3battleye.exe

@ECHO off
START "ArmA 3" /D "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3" "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe" 0 1 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxMem=2047 -malloc=system -name=Horus -nosplash -showScriptErrors -noPause

Hi  :)

In short: With the the Boot Configuration Data store (BCD) you can lock or open the High Precision Event Timer (HPET). Among other things, it does optimize the program sequences. In this case optimizing the multimedia.

(HPET was selected to avoid confusion with the multimedia timers as a software feature introduced in the MultiMedia Extensions to Windows 3.0)

Greetings

McLupo

Hey,

so I tried this.

In my Bios it was enabled by default.

I disabled it.

I could start ArmA3 three times in a row with BE enabled without crashes, blackscreen, whitescreen or crash to desktop.

My Rig:

i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Zotac GTX 580

ASRock Z97 Extreme4
16 gig RAM

Win 7 x64

So is the Horus tweak one part of the puzzle? Is another one which kind of Windows updates you got?

Another thing I was thinking about was to promote Real Light via an extra Facebook page.

I am not a social media guy and don´t use these things but for promoting it could be good.

Do you guys use Facebook to inform you about mods and games and related content and keep track?

Hi Solano,

My insignificant opinion:

Facebook is the biggest social networking website (community), that´s a fact. It also provides you a huge platform to distribute your idea.

Use it as an instrument. (for your advantage)

I don't like it, caused through Mr. Zuckerberg, who steals ideas and legalized it afterwards with a lot of money and bends copyrights.  :angry: 

Your Non social media guy

McLupo 

open CMD with elevated privileges and type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true then restart. 

Hi Horus, 

again thank you very much for your solving.

It seems to do the trick for the guys.

I decided to make your fix more public in the Arma Community and just wanted to makes sure that the quote above is all it takes right?

I tried to disable the HPET thingy in my BIOS and I could start Arma without issues too.

But I didn´t had issues before so maybe I am no good example for this.

Anyway, if I get your confirmation I roll the propaganda ;)

Cheers

I created two new LUTs. Blu Sky & Arctic.

Both rich in contrast with the goal to give you LUTs with deeper Blue to enhance the skies.

Personally I really enjoy Blu Sky. Arctic is a bit more exotic and intense but I thought I release it too.

I hope you like it - as always I welcome every feedback.

Enjoy

• Like 1

Hi Horus, 

again thank you very much for your solving.

It seems to do the trick for the guys.

I decided to make your fix more public in the Arma Community and just wanted to makes sure that the quote above is all it takes right?

I tried to disable the HPET thingy in my BIOS and I could start Arma without issues too.

But I didn´t had issues before so maybe I am no good example for this.

Anyway, if I get your confirmation I roll the propaganda ;)

Cheers

This is not my fix but official M$ tool and if I helped someone :cheers:

That is very modest but actually you fixed :)

So one last thing: to revert this fix I suppose you need to do bcdedit /set useplatformclock false ? 

Use bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock ;)    link

• Like 2

STARTUP CRASH FIX

Some people encounter a weird issues with ReShade. When starting Arma they get a black screen, white screen or the white text of ReShade in the upper left corner says the effect loading succeeded but the game is frozen.

At first check your BIOS to see if HPET is enabled. 
Some BIOS have the option to choose between a 64bit or 32bit version for HPET (64 for 64bit OS and 32 for 32bit OS).
If HPET is not enabled first enable it and try to run A3 with ReShade.

If this didn´t helped try the next fix with the bcdedit command.

Open CMD (win key + R > type cmd) with admin rights and type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true then restart your computer.
This fixed it for him and others already.

To revert this command open up again CMD and type bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock and restart your computer.

Many many thanks to you Horus!  :icon_eek:
  • Like 1