Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

Hi drifter - sorry to read that you have a hard time getting it to work.

It is good that you took the time to describe in detail what you already tried - that saves time.

In general - V5 and V6 have a different structure because ReShade (which injects the effects of many different authors) changed over time as you already experienced.

The problem here is not the installation or missiong videos for V6.

The installation process for V6 is pretty much straight forward. Because of the pain to get V5 to work over time now I decided to make a V6 in the first place - based on the new version of ReShade. It should get easy again.

For Real Light V6 to work you need to use the Framework files not the sweetfx 2.0 ones.

Arma is a 32-Bit Game so only the ReShade32.dll file will hook into the game. When there is no white intro text in the upper left it is not running.

For your problem - that is a myth to us still. I made plenty of posts in the official ReShade Forum. At first it was the solution to disable BE what you did. But it didn´t took much time until the first users came back like you and said that this wouldn´t do the trick (anymore).

Long story short:

I can´t tell you what it is.

The guys over at ReShade didn´t had an idea yet that solved it.

It seems not to matter which version of Windows you use.

I still fumble around in the dark with this issue.

I wish I could give you more hints to try but the only one left is an update for microsoft and Windows 7 (if you use it). Some people don´t seem to have that installed and sometimes it helps. I can´t take responsibility for this as you surely understand.

But its a thing to try and it is from Microsoft itself and no shady page. If you want to try it visit this page.

I encourage you to post here on the ReShade Forum for this preset and the particular start issue thread so that the creators of ReShade get aware of this issue (again)

They asked one user there if he gets the same issues with other games and ReShade. If you get it in other games too that it is maybe related to your personal setup not the game or ReShade but what do I know.

Again - please ask them in their forum I am out of Ideas for this.

Regards

Thanks for a quick a descriptive reply. I will still keep trying to see if I can get a work around. 

I appreciate your time, thanks.

So drifter - to be clear are you using the Framework files from Reshade ?

If you're trying to use SweetFX 2.0 it won't work

So drifter - to be clear are you using the Framework files from Reshade ?

If you're trying to use SweetFX 2.0 it won't work

I just tried the Framework ReShade method this time with no trace of the sweetfx files, and still no luck.

Thanks Solano  for that great mod, one of teh best in my mods collection on arma3 , i just can't play without it now :D

Thanks again for that great work ;)

Hey guys,

I didn´t had the drive yet to make new screenshots instead I created the Real Light V5 Look - LUT for you!

Really hope you like it - please leave me feedback and tell me if I managed to hit the Look of V5 with it for you guys.

How to use different LUTs is explained at the bottom of the page. It is really simple.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Thanks Solano  for that great mod, one of teh best in my mods collection on arma3 , i just can't play without it now :D

Thanks again for that great work ;)

Thank you for your nice post!

I always appreciate such nice words!

I am very happy you like it.

Regards

I just tried the Framework ReShade method this time with no trace of the sweetfx files, and still no luck.

Hey drifter - I am really sorry to hear.

I hope the guys at ReShade can find the source of this error with the huge amount of data from Horus.

Hi Solano,

thank you so much for the LUT´s; just downloaded.

It´s funny, but the Crisp Look reminds me of some hot summer days in the past.

Once again, thx for sharing your great idea, mate.

Greetings

McLupo

I added a Depth of Field Version to the download section because many of you asked for this too and I finally figured out how to use it.

Please be aware that sometimes the HUD gets blurred too.

The toggle Key is F10 for now. I hope this doesn´t interfer with most of your Setups.

For those who want to try it but don´t want to lose possible custom tweaks and changes; the relevant files for DOF to work you need to replace are: 

• Common.cfg (It is the file where you possibly changed the toggle key - default is Scroll Lock again)
  • McFX.cfg
  • Pipeline.cfg

The DOF parameters are in the McFX.cfg and the most important ones are annotated beginning at line 63.

If you need help just let me know.

Enjoy and have fun!

• Like 1

Thanks for accommodating us. I really like the deeper blue sky in V5.

Yeah of course!

Thanks for your feedback - I´ll keep that in mind for future LUTs.

Hi Solano,

thank you so much for the LUT´s; just downloaded.

It´s funny, but the Crisp Look reminds me of some hot summer days in the past.

Onse again, thx for sharing your great idea, mate.

Greetings

McLupo

I am glad you like it!

At least I suppose you do.

My goal is to create more LUTs in the future to please more of the demand and the people who - like me - like to switch looks/mood from time to time.

• Like 1

My goal is to create more LUTs in the future to please more of the demand and the people who - like me - like to switch looks/mood from time to time.

That's a great support from your side and easy to use for all of us, if one are not so familiar with this stuff - Plug and play!  :)

Keep it up your awesome work.

Greetings 

McLupo

Again Horus,

thank you very much for this amount of Data you provide to help to clear this issue once and for all!

I really hope Crosire can figure something out.

Regards

Hi Solano,

I found how to fix this problem on my system because I don't know if this will work on others OS (vista,8 and 10) and CPU ( Intel or new AMD ->the successor of K10).

My OS is Win7 Ultimate 64bit and CPU is Phenom II X4 955 and fix for my system is to force OS to use HPET (HPET is already enabled in BIOS ).

How to -> open CMD with elevated privileges and type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true then restart. After this I always can run A3+ReShade without any white/black screen or game stop responding after message "Loading effect....Succeeded!".

Salute

• Like 2

Hi Solano,

I found how to fix this problem on my system because I don't know if this will work on others OS (vista,8 and 10) and CPU ( Intel or new AMD ->the successor of K10).

My OS is Win7 Ultimate 64bit and CPU is Phenom II X4 955 and fix for my system is to force OS to use HPET (HPET is already enabled in BIOS ).

How to -> open CMD with elevated privileges and type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true then restart. After this I always can run A3+ReShade without any white/black screen or game stop responding after message "Loading effect....Succeeded!".

Salute

I have no clue what you have done there but I hope it is the holy grail!

No seriously, thank you very much for your effort.

I believe only testing will show if this will fix this once and for all.

At least you got it working now.

Can you explain what ReShade has to do with that particular setting?

And because I cant even run v6.x - i`ll try Horus`s suggestion. Hope it`ll work. I`ll report today.

Can you explain what ReShade has to do with that particular setting?

Hi  :)

In short: With the the Boot Configuration Data store (BCD) you can lock or open the High Precision Event Timer (HPET). Among other things, it does optimize the program sequences. In this case optimizing the multimedia.

(HPET was selected to avoid confusion with the multimedia timers as a software feature introduced in the MultiMedia Extensions to Windows 3.0)

Greetings

McLupo

And because I cant even run v6.x - i`ll try Horus`s suggestion. Hope it`ll work. I`ll report today.

Finger so crossed - it hurts

Hi  :)

In short: With the the Boot Configuration Data store (BCD) you can lock or open the High Precision Event Timer (HPET). Among other things, it does optimize the program sequences. In this case optimizing the multimedia.

(HPET was selected to avoid confusion with the multimedia timers as a software feature introduced in the MultiMedia Extensions to Windows 3.0)

Greetings

McLupo

Thanks for clearing this up for me Mc

Works

Don´t play with my feelings here!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Please confirm that after a few hours of issue-less playing - will you?

@Solano:

I'd just like to check with you that your screenshots were made with "sharpening at 10" and not 100, right?

Btw, what's the catch with DoF version? How does it relate to the in-game DoF settings?

Don´t play with my feelings here!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Please confirm that after a few hours of issue-less playing - will you?

Still works, restarted PC 3times. Looks like "problem solved"