Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

REAL LIGHT 8

Since the beginning my goal was to bring more "real light" into Arma.

This is version 8. Much time has passed.

Now this package is something special.

This version comes with 17 Looks. All are packed into one MultiLUT Feature by "by Otis / Infuse Project". 

Now you can swap the Looks ingame via a dropdown menu in the reshade menu. It is that simple.

Have fun and Enjoy!

If you create Videos or Screenshots with my Real Light preset and share them in public I would really appreciate it if you mention it in a description and link it to either this thread or my project page for Real Light: http://sh8.videopilot.link/ and the ReShade Project itself at www.reshade.me.

CREDITS
The ReShade Team: Crosire - Ceejkay.dk - Marty McFly - Ioxa - JPulowski - LuciferHawk

• Like 6

Solano - congrats on the release. Good work.

Been running V6 Advanced all morning and impressed so far.

For my taste there is definitely a green tint that is a little too strong. But I'm going to stick with your settings for a good week or two to break it in. Then maybe adjust a little to my own screen.

Great job and Frankly brilliant work... I'm at a loss as to why this isn't the way the game ships...!

Solano - congrats on the release. Good work.

Been running V6 Advanced all morning and impressed so far.

For my taste there is definitely a green tint that is a little too strong. But I'm going to stick with your settings for a good week or two to break it in. Then maybe adjust a little to my own screen.

Great job and Frankly brilliant work... I'm at a loss as to why this isn't the way the game ships...!

Thank you very very much Serjames.

I love to see that so many people have fun with Real Light.

That justifies all the work it took me to make it.

I believe that somehow the "tint effect" (I estranged the sepia effect for my purposes) sometimes drifts into a greenish color which is definitely not intended so don´t "break that in" :D

You can turn the tint off in the SweetFX_settings.cfg.

I will track the issue down and see if I can enhance it somehow in the next days.

Edited by Solano

It's best visualised on White..

e.g. the "ARMA" words in white on the load screen are visibly Green on activation of the plugin at load.... Then it can be seen against concrete etc i.e. buildings... Remember I'm NOT running a calibrated screen so these are only my subjective findings...

I also have to thank you for the "Rgb Full Dynamic Values"...... (cue five years of STOOPID Nvidia drivers hiding this from me.... OMG!)

White is now WHITE and Black is BLACK as it should be !

Yeah - you are right!

After some time distance I can see it too. This is really weird since the RGB Values for this tint are definitely blue.

Gotta look into that later.

I disabled the "tint-effect" by default in my downloads for now.

Regarding the Nvidia FULL RGB topic - I don´t know why this is even default or not autodetected correctly. But I think this is mostly an issue with HDMI connected Displays. Not sure tho.

Anyhow it is not right that most of the people don´t even know that they could get better color quality with their displays so I thought I note it at least.

I used the default one: #define SepiaPower 0.045 for a cold tone. But somehow it has some issues so I took it off by default now in the future downloads

For the non time tint version can I just dl your pack against. And replace the reshade.fx ?

ok, so thanks for the work, but i am having an issue. Every time i launch the game i get half my screen white... and the other half shows the main menu of ARMA3 .

I followed the directions on your site to the T.. checked all the settings, and split screen is OFF.

I downloaded reshade from the reshade.me website, and then copy and pasted your files into the reshade folder in my arma directory.. and renamed the reshade32.dll to dxgi.dll and thats what happens.

Any advice!!

For the non time tint version can I just dl your pack against. And replace the reshade.fx ?

You could do that - but you would need to replace the SweetFX_settings.cfg - or you just turn it off yourself - it is really easy. I reorganized the SweetFX_settings.cfg just for those purposes. Just open in and set the tint from 1 to 0.

The ReShade.fx is nowadays nothing more than an index really. The structure of ReShade has changed and got more modularized.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Every time i launch the game i get half my screen white... and the other half shows the main menu of ARMA3

Hi Lordprimate,

I am usually somehow able to give any hint but this time I fear I am not. I never heard of such an error. Since you installed it absolute correctly I really have no clue. I can only send you to the reshade guys directly and their troubleshooting forum. I am sorry I can´t do anything more. Please visit http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting and for better analysis by them write them which preset you use and more important your OS. If you will find a solution over there it would be cool if you could link it here for possible other users and the same issue.

Regards

ok, so thanks for the work, but i am having an issue. Every time i launch the game i get half my screen white... and the other half shows the main menu of ARMA3 .

I followed the directions on your site to the T.. checked all the settings, and split screen is OFF.

I downloaded reshade from the reshade.me website, and then copy and pasted your files into the reshade folder in my arma directory.. and renamed the reshade32.dll to dxgi.dll and thats what happens.

Any advice!!

You need to download the ReShade framework (not ReShade core).

See "1. Get the latest ReShade Version of "Framework (Running on ReShade)..."

Cheers Solano, have adjusted the cfg... will test now

SJ

First of all, thanks for continuing to work on this. It's a great addition to A3. Some feedback, since you've asked for it...

In the morning and in the afternoon on Altis, this mod makes the game look spectacular! But I'm noticing during mid-day, it's a little too bright/over-saturated (even when not looking in the direction of the sun). Given the latitude of Altis, I understand what you were going for, but there's not enough contrast to be able to spot enemy on a hillside at times.

I'll admit, I'm not the smartest at what to do with all of your configs you have in there, so maybe there's a fix for this, but figured I'd offer my opinion. Regardless, thanks again for the addon.

First of all, thanks for continuing to work on this. It's a great addition to A3. Some feedback, since you've asked for it...

In the morning and in the afternoon on Altis, this mod makes the game look spectacular! But I'm noticing during mid-day, it's a little too bright/over-saturated (even when not looking in the direction of the sun). Given the latitude of Altis, I understand what you were going for, but there's not enough contrast to be able to spot enemy on a hillside at times.

I'll admit, I'm not the smartest at what to do with all of your configs you have in there, so maybe there's a fix for this, but figured I'd offer my opinion. Regardless, thanks again for the addon.

Thank you very much - I appreciate your feedback and compliments.

First of all - regarding the brightness - you could try to play with your brigthness and gamma settings in the graphic settings of arma.

In the SweetFX_settings.cfg at line 133 is an element which you can try to turn off - it goes

#define USE_REINHARDLINEAR 1 

just disable it like this

#define USE_REINHARDLINEAR 0

and save your file - even while the game is running, that is no problem.

Maybe this will suit your taste a bit more.

Regards

I got it working .... i had downloaded both the core, and the framwork.. but used the core instead.. thanks for pointing that out. I copied the reshade with framwork over in to my arma folder and it works fine!! thanks again

What about BattleEye? Can I get ban for using this?

I never had issues in many hours using ReShade or SweetFX in any Game. Arma is no exception. Someone here in the Forum posted about a correspondence with the BattlEye guys about whitelisting the dll of ReShade - which they did.

I never heard of a Ban because of this and I am personally not afraid at all about it. They can always change their mind over at BattlEye or BI about it - that is the only thing that is for sure. Everything else is just my experience and opinion.

Just as an example; I made a ReShade preset for GTA V. Since ReShade is a post effect and it doesn´t touches core files I had no considerations to use it in GTA Online. I played there as well many hours and nothing happened - an I am more than confident it stays this way. Even if it is Rockstar ;)

Real Light is now available in V6 and since I started this Preset - I never got any feedback that someone got banned or even kicked.

Hope my long answer helps you a bit.

Regards

You managed to negate the bright skies, nice job. :D

Arma 3 has always had a pretty neutral color palette in my opinion, at least when compared to Arma 2. That said it's always fun to experiment with Sweetfx/reshade to make the game just a bit more "your own". :) I used your setup as the basis for my own configuration, removed the color grading, lowered all effects to my own liking and added a subtle vignette effect.

Screenshots here:

https://imgur.com/a/bZaS4#0

If anyone wants my configuration (goes in the reshade folder):

http://a.pomf.cat/dwmlfk.zip

You managed to negate the bright skies, nice job. :D

Arma 3 has always had a pretty neutral color palette in my opinion, at least when compared to Arma 2. That said it's always fun to experiment with Sweetfx/reshade to make the game just a bit more "your own". :) I used your setup as the basis for my own configuration, removed the color grading, lowered all effects to my own liking and added a subtle vignette effect.

Screenshots here:

https://imgur.com/a/bZaS4#0

If anyone wants my configuration (goes in the reshade folder):

http://a.pomf.cat/dwmlfk.zip

Very subtle - This will find many fans for sure.

Regards

Top work once again Solano, many thanks.

Top work once again Solano, many thanks.

Thanks Jeza - I am happy you like this version too

Thank you very much - I appreciate your feedback and compliments.

First of all - regarding the brightness - you could try to play with your brigthness and gamma settings in the graphic settings of arma.

In the SweetFX_settings.cfg at line 133 is an element which you can try to turn off - it goes

#define USE_REINHARDLINEAR 1 

just disable it like this

#define USE_REINHARDLINEAR 0

and save your file - even while the game is running, that is no problem.

Maybe this will suit your taste a bit more.

Regards

For me, turning that off ended up making it more like an over-processed film, so I'll leave it on. But you've pointed me in the right direction to play with some settings, so thanks. That's very handy that you can adjust them while still running the game. Makes it much easier to find what you like.

For me, turning that off ended up making it more like an over-processed film, so I'll leave it on. But you've pointed me in the right direction to play with some settings, so thanks. That's very handy that you can adjust them while still running the game. Makes it much easier to find what you like.

It could be even better but that is not too bad for now.

The brightness comes from multiple sources. Another thing you should play with then is the DPX effect.

It should be near the quick controls in the SweetFX_settings.cfg iirc

I found a solution for the issue with the green tint.

Tracked it down to the LUT I created. I will do some last tests with the updated version and if I am satisfied I update the downloads with it and inform you guys here.

The Tinting option will work correct again with the update as well!

Regards

EDIT

Update is now live.

Get it at http://sh8.videopilot.link/arma3/real-light-v6/#download

For all the Users who have adjusted their configs to their likings and want to keep it - just replace the following file: "rl6.png"

It is here: CustomFX\Textures

The update only refers to this little image file.

Enjoy!

PS

Of course I made new screenshots for the website BEFORE I did the fix - stupid me. So please don´t be confused ;)

Edited by Solano

I introduce to you: LUTs for Real Light V6

LUTs (Lookup Tables) are in this case color palettes which are used to recolor the game. It is created by LuciverHawk of the ReShade Team. Think of it like a cheat sheet where ReShade looks at - when it comes to color choosing. It is easy exchangeable, fun to try and enhances the game visually like you want.

In the future I want to develop more LUTs for Real Light V6 and do a tutorial on how to make your own if you are interested in the topic.

Hope you like it.