Sign in to follow this  
tremanarch

The Campaign is unplayable

I played ArmA since the OFP Demo in 2001. I know how to play it.

The campaign at normal difficulty without using mods and settings and stuff - the campaign as any newbie would play it - is unplayable.

if you have to die repeatedly to get information to know where to flank, at which range which class is.. etc. no fun. one shot one kill - no fun... really is it that hard to make the campaign an easy to entry hard to master thing? the frustration for any new player and even vets is much too high..

the ai is too precise. they spot you instantly bla.

you know the problems.

stop everything, stop the island, stop going to the toilet - just stop.

go to the AI and - N E R F - it.^

why do I need 3-4 Body hits to kill one and they serve headshot after headshot?

arma is such a good game otherwise.. mutiplayer options GFX, sounds - anything. its a shame you cant enjoy it in the SP Cmapaign (which might be really good) - i guess the campaign is really nice - should have played it after release (it was easier then I remember)...

thx.

Edited by tremanarch

WHAT? Are you trying to troll, or something? Or did Campaign get that much harder since i last played? Cause for me only hard part was running trough the mortar fire on the end of first chapter. ( That was really hard, almost too hard). You are probably doing something wrong.

WHAT? Are you trying to troll, or something? Or did Campaign get that much harder since i last played? Cause for me only hard part was running trough the mortar fire on the end of first chapter. ( That was really hard, almost too hard). You are probably doing something wrong.

Maybe play again. I have recently due to deleted files had to play again.

Think I know where he is coming from.

that was pretty easy. i shot the heli with an unguided NLAW and took a 7.52 MG - and in the campaign stamina for this mortar run is disabled so you can tun / stop&shoot and run..

maybe you did sth. wrong?

I know the feel. I've played it through but yeah it wasn't the most enjoyable when I feel like a lone vunerable super hero.

Having 8 man squad and 4 of them died to two AI and we even surprised them and it doesn't help that you're outnumbered a lot in the campaing... so most of the time you're outnumbered and your AI is even worse than the enemy.

so most of the time you're outnumbered and your AI is even worse than the enemy.
Yup, I miss the good time when we could manage Enemy AI and Friendly AI separately, that's one of the main reason I still enjoy playing Arma 2 and not Arma 3 anymore.

I died at least ten to twenty times every mission, but that's because of my lack of patience (I was using x4 time 90% of the time). The only missions I really struggled with were Bingo Fuel (not the second cistern part, but the initial powerplant assault) and some scouting missions when I accidentally took an SMG instead of a proper rifle. But that aside, the campaign really isn't that hard.

I beat the campaign in barely 2 hours after each episode released.. Its not supposed to be easy, remember its a Sandbox Military Game with Simulation aspects. The only issue I had was that mortar pit that boomed you at the end, but even that was fine if you kept on your toes. Like Pete said, if you want to casualize it, download your cheat mods or those mods that make it easier for people who need it.