mannulus

Can't hear other player's weapons in MP.

Simply as the title above. I been having this issue for over a year now and it's getting old. I tried reinstalling ArmA, updating mods, changing sound settings on the PC, etc. Nothing works. Has anyone else have this issue and or know hows to fix it?

what mods do you run?

Have you tjekket your RPT file??

You or someone else is running a weapons mod that is incorrectly overwriting inherited weapons config with it's own sound config.

Remove all weapons mods check it works then add them one at a time till you find the culprit.

Best thing to do is ensure all players then use the same modset.

Lock the server down with bisigns

Problem solved

what mods do you run?

Have you tjekket your RPT file??

The unit I am in uses the following:

@AllInArmATerrainPack

@CBA_A3

@duala

@LeightsOpForPack

@RHSUSF

@RHSAFRF

@task_force_radio

and their own modpack which consists of stuff like ACE, Hidden Identity Pack V2, tfa, nimitz, ATLAS LHD, F/A-18, CTab, fhq accessories & RDS Static from what I can tell.

The unit I am in uses the following:

@AllInArmATerrainPack

@CBA_A3

@duala

@LeightsOpForPack

@RHSUSF

@RHSAFRF

@task_force_radio

and their own modpack which consists of stuff like ACE, Hidden Identity Pack V2, tfa, nimitz, ATLAS LHD, F/A-18, CTab, fhq accessories & RDS Static from what I can tell.

Most self-respecting and sensible units/squad/clans/whatever should have a standardised mod list with a set load-order (as mentioned by others above, this needs to be identical for all players to avoid issues). In addition to what serjames suggested, simply ensure you all run the same mods in the same loading-order and you shouldn't have any issues.

I will have to talk to the command in this unit to have this be adjusted. I don't know if they even have a mod load order or not.

One other thing to consider is JSRS or other sound modification packs could be in use by other players. This was a conflict for me until I got JSRS... now I have the issue of NOT hearing peoples guns WHO DON'T have JSRS

I wasn't aware mod load order was even a thing in Arma?

Try loading CBA (as an example) after mods that require it and I'm fairly sure you'll have errors thrown at you left, right and centre. Things may have changed since OFP/ArmA1, but back then it most definitely was a 'thing'.

Edited by Jackal326

Try clearing the cached arma folders in "C:\Users\'User'\AppData\Local\Arma 3"

That worked for us.