Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

New update - 1.48 - Experience? FPS loss

In latest testing for me. I had only ALiVE, SpookWarCom, and CBA in the ArmA directory and activated. 3 mods. A nearly empty Altis Map with a simple small FOB setup in the Molos Hangar using BIS vanilla objects.

ALiVE needs to be updated for this version, CBA the same. About SpookWarCom, I dont know the Mod.

Specially when PIP is on for some reason. with it off I sometimes gain 30FPS...

It's you and everyone and it have been since beginning, not patch related.

So, what it looks like is it's a random occurrence, not related to any one specific mod or mod sets, as this apparently happens on vanilla also. It also seems like it can happen to some people on a server, and not others. And it can happen one day, and be fine another. I wonder what got updated that is doing this so randomly.

So, what it looks like is it's a random occurrence, not related to any one specific mod or mod sets, as this apparently happens on vanilla also. It also seems like it can happen to some people on a server, and not others. And it can happen one day, and be fine another. I wonder what got updated that is doing this so randomly.

BattlEye client.

BI is claiming it just so happens to coincidentally come along with a problem in Windows with a Font patch that is optional and a problem in Steam. Supposedly installing the latest Steam and the optional important update should fix the problem. I can't reproduce the issue after these two things have been installed but that doesn't mean its fixed because I wont be playing multiplayer until the weekend. Microsoft patch https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3079904.

A fix attempt (14 MB) is now available in Steam RC branch, using access code: Arma3Test148RC. It should be MP-compatible with main branch 1.48. Please let us know whether it improves the client-side FPS issues in any way (even a little).

A fix attempt (14 MB) is now available in Steam RC branch, using access code: Arma3Test148RC. It should be MP-compatible with main branch 1.48. Please let us know whether it improves the client-side FPS issues in any way (even a little).

My heavy lag/fps issues seems to be fixed

I will try it too, but first this fcking Steam crap should allow to download this little file. Starting to Download -> PC losing Internet connection -> Disabling/re enabling LAN -> Starts download for 1 second -> PC losing connection....

I hate Steam so hard :mad:

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Agreed, seems to be fixed. But played only 1 hour, no issues according frames. Played a Mission with a ton of mods ^^

with no mods or addons just plain vanilla A3 my game is now "sticking" i'm getting fps spikes that is making movement/aiming stuttery and has rendered my fav. game unplayable.

*Nividia GTX 660M 2GB

iNTEL i7

with no mods or addons just plain vanilla A3 my game is now "sticking" i'm getting fps spikes that is making movement/aiming stuttery and has rendered my fav. game unplayable.

With or without Arma3Test148RC?

*Nividia GTX 660M 2GB

iNTEL i7

i was also getting strange spikes.standing sttill on empty Altis i could see my fps jumping from 28-63 and back every couple of seconds.Strangely increasing my graphical settings helped!I seem to have stable fps now but it is about 10 lower than normal(all this is in Single Player)

I hate Steam so hard :mad:

I don't.

As for the patch, I played an hour and it was fine :D

Sorry for off topic, but has there been any headway on the crashes. Example

the instruction at 076e01 referecnced memory at 0x00000000. the memory could not be read.

and on desktop

arma 3 has quit in an unusual manner. Info:

exit code :0xC0000005 / -1073741819

time running: ~00:02:22.8

Had about 7 other day. I know a few people have been getting these.

Sorry for off topic, but has there been any headway on the crashes. Example

the instruction at 076e01 referecnced memory at 0x00000000. the memory could not be read.

This is the second big investigation we have going on, but as with the performance issues, none of our development or test hardware can reproduce it so far. On top of that, the crash reports kindly submitted by players don't show any useful information. We're trying to add more diagnostics and other methods of finding out what's going on. Please keep submitting information, data and logs - they just may reveal the critical clue.

These crashes are being tracked here (and elsewhere):

Played two hours with RC the version today, the picture is much better. At start of game on the FPS 50-60 server. After an entrance to equipment 35-40. At an entrance to equipment, a view from a cabin and a view from equipment from the third party, FPS is always lower. Did not return to initial FPS.

It is all the same best of all in my situation. Small a frost the screen is not present, AI a lag is much less.

This is the second big investigation we have going on, but as with the performance issues, none of our development or test hardware can reproduce it so far.

Dna when I was on beta test rc build 1.48, i was trying to join test servers that were online. everytime without fail it crashed like this arma exe failed as soon as I tried to connect to multiplayer test server.

If you can get another test sever organised. Might help.

i get smoother fps on the 1.48rc especially in 100+ king of the hill server

The last update caused my Arma 3 Steam Workshop to go in a never-ending workshop-content update loop. It will keep "updating" also while I'm in the game.

This happens even when I'm not using any mods. My FPS gets very choppy while it's trying to update.

I have no idea what it is trying to update, but shutting it off makes the FPS go back to normal.:confused:

Thank you, chaps!

I've had troubles in one (so far the only) mission on Altis with a lot of user-placed objects (2600+) and buildings. When I started the mission under 1.48 I couldn't get past 3-5 FPS. Now with the RC I get a stable 30, like in earlier Arma versions.

yes this is like the earlier arma version no placebo the performance increase is noticeable..

GrumpyRhino: I too have this problem with steam workshop constantly updating Arma with 0mb downloads, when none of my missions have been updated. Wish they would fix that.

For some reason, there is a little twitch when sliding from main gun to sidearm's holster and vice-versa. Each time you holster in and out.