Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

New update - 1.48 - Experience? FPS loss

Received 1.48 update, in my normal ArmA mod mix 20+ FPS have gone, I have no time to research. For a quick test I restarted Win... tuned view distance, models etc. to lowest, still only 40 fps, sometimes, some more, sometimes dropping to 10 for short while. So I guess some mod may be affected. Significatly.

But also Vanilla ArmA. I am not sure. Empty Altis always delivered me 60 FPS capped. Now it looks a bit unstable...

I know this is not scientifically written by me, I'm not (yet) complaining, haha. My specs see signature.

Edited by tortuosit

I tried running YAAB (yet another arma benchmark) and I got a 1 FPS increase compared to the previous version.

Try verifying game files through Steam, updating your drivers, etc. Maybe the problem will magically disappear :D

Every update that gets released people make wild claims of # fps loss or # fps gains.

There's always the option to try the previous version using the beta branch codes they have working. Test each version with an actual benchmarking tool.

Inlesco, no ArmA files are OK (checked) and NVidia Drivers always up to date.

Not wild claim and I think I mentioned it is not scientifically valid. Still I should be more patient and test first, therefore, Gossamer, I removed the FPS part from the topics subject- (EDIT, Oh, cannot change thread title)

Tested a bit more. I can say vanilla ArmA is fine. Did mod divide and conquer and restarted always the same empty Altis mission, looked around a while so objects get loaded to GPU Ram... and case seems clear, it's something ACE3 related (up to date, from SIX), it costs me at least 15, mostly around 20 FPS. May still be in combination with another mod, but I will find it out.

Edited by tortuosit

Every update that gets released people make wild claims of # fps loss or # fps gains.

There's always the option to try the previous version using the beta branch codes they have working. Test each version with an actual benchmarking tool.

Never read of FPS gains, maybe once or twice since 2013..:D

BTW I will have a test later tonight and report back with either good news or bad news..

CLOUD PROBLEM is not fixed. ? ! I.e., I usually saw that on MP servers, there were smeary clouds. A change in cloud quality, to some other quality and back, fixed it as a workaround every session.

BIS now thought they have fixed it (Dwarden mentioned it in Steam chat), but I already have seen even worse clouds (very few instead of expected full overcast, with very sharp edges), the workaround still works though.

Edited by tortuosit

Never read of FPS gains, maybe once or twice since 2013..:D

I have 1 FPS more with 1.48!!!!

Fuck yeah!!

i get less with 1.48..or maybe its the latest windows 10 rtm prob idk..

Received 1.48 update, in my normal ArmA mod mix 20+ FPS have gone, I have no time to research. For a quick test I restarted Win... tuned view distance, models etc. to lowest, still only 40 fps, sometimes, some more, sometimes dropping to 10 for short while. So I guess some mod may be affected. Significatly.

But also Vanilla ArmA. I am not sure. Empty Altis always delivered me 60 FPS capped. Now it looks a bit unstable...

I know this is not scientifically written by me, I'm not (yet) complaining, haha. My specs see signature.

If I was you, I would disable all mods and I would try again.

Several parameters are changed/added and probably most of the mods will need a update.

it's something ACE3 related (up to date, from SIX), it costs me at least 15, mostly around 20 FPS.

how is that different from before? ACE3 always has costed 15-20 fps, and always will. It did last week, it did last month, it did yesterday, and it does today. That mod is just poorly optimized. Want steady stutter free fps? well, you can't with ace. :D

how is that different from before? ACE3 always has costed 15-20 fps, and always will. It did last week, it did last month, it did yesterday, and it does today. That mod is just poorly optimized. Want steady stutter free fps? well, you can't with ace. :D

I don't think so. I think I would have recognized. Not on an empty map with no CPU intensive action running (e.g. having ballistics calculations in mind).

hey guys i need to go back to a legacy144 but cant because of update need help ASAP!

hey guys i need to go back to a legacy144 but cant because of update need help ASAP!
Bohemia only keeps one legacy branch at a time, you can only use 1.46 now.

depending on how much you need it, if it's really urgent try finding a pirated copy somewhere. I wouldn't, because of viruses and other risks, but whatever, you have that option......

Seems ok, but on windows 10 I have massive memory leak to process "System" when playing(Armory, Bootcamp, Internet, etc.), not after this patch, but at all. Any ideas, please? My specs: P8Z77-V, i5-3570k, GTX770.

I'm experiencing random fps drops ? streaming seems to be worse. Not running any mods

Updating as "a bad dream". I of course apologize, but thanks for fine days off ahead. From everything listed in updating very few people will be able, will confirm and will tell - "About. about!!! and!!! I waited for it and felt! Super!". From all that I waited for that about what wrote on feedback.arma3.com received three solved problems. Three problems, from everything written in three months, and for a month of works over 1.48 to receive FPS worse not to think up. You will overcome to the earth - 3-7 FPS, you watch in the sky 3-7 FPS, horizon 30-40 FPS. In the movement 15-20. It is a joke of 1.48?

Not everything is bad, the first can be played a floor of hour on the server. And it is more?

I apologize but some bad tradition got the best for the last three updates. The most interesting - in MAIDENS versions all always as it should be)))

Devil take it, I was registered at a forum today, for this purpose, that wanted to write this shit. For the first time there was this desire during all the time from an exit of OFP, Armagh, Arma2, Arma3.

Edited by Lex__1

I my opinion most of the complaints about fps drop after every update are because people is using mods and playing user made missions.

After most of the updates (in particular this one) these mods and missions also need to be updated, or else some issues may arise.

The better way is to disable all mods and load the Campaign, then compare with previous version. In my case I dont see any difference with this update in matters of performance.

With this I am not saying that the game performs better or worse, is just what I think it is the main cause for such complaints.

I my opinion most of the complaints about fps drop after every update are because people is using [old/broken/poorly optimized/lazily designed] mods.

Fixed and I'd agree. Often when questioned, they are using a dozen addons, 'packs', etc.

I do not use Mod. Maybe the problem is in the mission of CTI. I also have problems

FPS in "play-demonstration-select the presentation of any party."

There has always been a 50-60 FPS. Now 30-45 FPS.

I am outraged by the principle of work on corrections in BI. I understand kagda is working on the prospects in the game, and it takes a lot of time. When something stops working in the game, I get the status of "recognized" in the report, and it is corrected within three updates (minimum three months).

Example. Mortars were flying across the landscape more than three updates. By launchers "Titan" tightened inertia and spoiled ballistika missiles - not remedied the problem three months. Who came up with that to be the inertia of Titan?

Why is there a problem for another update, and fix three updates?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24729

Edited by Lex__1

I got massive laggs/ FPS loss with this new update of 1.48, I play without using mods on multiplayer server, the laggs are so bad its unplayable for me, I will have to wait till this gets fixed to play again

If you played with 1.46 on 90 players server and now you play with 110 players it's not BI fault that you have lower fps. Find balanced servers!

Edit: BI should introduce max player count limit, because nothing is enough. I recently saw KoTH with 120 player count and everybody complaining that it's laggy?! WTF?

Edited by danczer

It does appear to be a legitimate concern. Client FPS is down, however server FPS appears fine. Feels like a memory leak.

If you played with 1.46 on 90 players server and now you play with 110 players it's not BI fault that you have lower fps. Find balanced servers!

Edit: BI should introduce max player count limit, because nothing is enough. I recently saw KoTH with 120 player count and everybody complaining that it's laggy?! WTF?

The server i play on has always had max player limit to 60 and is still the same, and its not just me getting lags on the server while its fine for some plaayers