optix

Aftermath Rush Gamemode [BETA]

I know Aftermath hasn't been as popular as it has been the past week or so but one change to the game that has happened recently i disliked.

3rd Person Perspective.

I can understand some reasons why people want this.

N00bs might appreciate this change now since they can have GOD MODE awareness ( magically peek around corners with unrealistic camera without being exposed ).

also in the fact that helicopters are more difficult to fly ( and land ) in first person.

I however am seriously turned off by 3rd person being enabled. I wholly believe that 3rd person takes away from the experience.  I don't want to write a long post explaining why i hate 3rd person and why i think it shouldn't have it. First Person i feel is a HIGHLIGHT of the gamemode not a con. 1st person flying forces you to become a better pilot not a lesser one. I think precision flying in this game isn't really all that important except for landing. To which 3rd person is the biggest reason why its good for flying is for landing. You can still make EXCELLENT use of the attack helicopters in first person ( maybe even better for some like me ) so i think the negatives outweigh the positives IMO. Being able to peek corners i think gives an ENORMOUS advantage to defenders since the campers can feel safe knowing the have an invisible drone 1.5 ft above their head that gives them absolute tactical superiority over the attackers.

Dont get me wrong. I still LOVE AFTERMATH 4 LYFE.

But I atleast wanted to voice my opinion here since no one else has. I am deeply, profoundly, dissatisfied by this change and would wish to go back to the good ole' hardcore days like first person shooters are supposed to be.

This video by Dslyecxi is for people who want to know why i hate 3rd person in PVP in arma with a strong passion.

https://youtu.be/v7zoVIsIT2A

• Like 1

I know Aftermath hasn't been as popular as it has been the past week or so but one change to the game that has happened recently i disliked.

3rd Person Perspective.

I can understand some reasons why people want this.

N00bs might appreciate this change now since they can have GOD MODE awareness ( magically peek around corners with unrealistic camera without being exposed ).

also in the fact that helicopters are more difficult to fly ( and land ) in first person.

I however am seriously turned off by 3rd person being enabled. I wholly believe that 3rd person takes away from the experience.  I don't want to write a long post explaining why i hate 3rd person and why i think it shouldn't have it. First Person i feel is a HIGHLIGHT of the gamemode not a con. 1st person flying forces you to become a better pilot not a lesser one. I think precision flying in this game isn't really all that important except for landing. To which 3rd person is the biggest reason why its good for flying is for landing. You can still make EXCELLENT use of the attack helicopters in first person ( maybe even better for some like me ) so i think the negatives outweigh the positives IMO. Being able to peek corners i think gives an ENORMOUS advantage to defenders since the campers can feel safe knowing the have an invisible drone 1.5 ft above their head that gives them absolute tactical superiority over the attackers.

Dont get me wrong. I still LOVE AFTERMATH 4 LYFE.

But I atleast wanted to voice my opinion here since no one else has. I am deeply, profoundly, dissatisfied by this change and would wish to go back to the good ole' hardcore days like first person shooters are supposed to be.

This video by Dslyecxi is for people who want to know why i hate 3rd person in PVP in arma with a strong passion.

https://youtu.be/v7zoVIsIT2A

Sorry about that, it was never planned to enable third person. It was a bug that occured when the server changed the map and it didn't set Mercenary as the difficulty. It has been fixed tho and the website was changed, it should now be way easier to find it on google. :)

Is this project dead, and if not what's going on with the website, I can't access it for some reason. The only things that are coming to my mind is that either the website is blocked in the US, or you guys might have ended up in some trouble with EA/DICE using their sounds and etc. But these are just wild things that are going on in my head, lol, it'll be great to get some info on the status of the project.

Closing - as the project is been closed