optix

Aftermath Rush Gamemode [BETA]

KO1qbP7.jpg

Hi,
I have developed a small gamemode for up to 64 players called Rush.

The gamemode works similar to the Battlefield Gamemode rush:
Attackers try to arm "MCOMs" before running out of reinforcements tickets. Once a mcom has been destroyed the target will be updated.
Defenders defend the MCOMs and defuse the bomb in case it got planted. They win by making the attackers run out of tickets.

Each player can choose between 4 classes which all have their own weapons and gadgets available: Assault, Machine Gunner, Engineer, Recon.
While playing you earn points for your class with which you unlock weapons, attachments and gadgets.

As this gamemode is still in its beta I would love to test it with some people in order to improve it and gather some feedback :) This gamemode is mostly aimed towards fast combat and I guess mostly casual players.

We've currently got 2 Vanilla and 1 Mod server up, simply hop onto

http://www.arma-aftermath.com
to get all the information you need, there will be US servers soon! :)

banner_560x95.png?random=651559

banner_560x95.png?random=331023

banner_560x95.png?random=777374

banner_560x95.png?random=815985

If this thread is in the wrong section I apologize, I haven't been sleeping for the past 2 days.

9ED07D8D2EE2CB185CF47AAA49E5520337A4A57C2E7CC9D8B950DDB8C9DA21F2E8BDC3462E12ADFD42E11C707BF892AB8AFBC34467051E73149D9ABC

• Like 3

interesting

tried to join - but server seems to be offline. Cant be found in PlayWith six nor in the ingame browser..

Edited by tremanarch

Server was offline because of the update, but its back online now :)

Coolest gamemode I've ever seen. Only thing I may suggest - go more for your own stylistics, copying everything from battlefield (backgrounds and sounds) is kinda meh.

host71111, arma3.swec.se/server/list type in «Aftermath» there is 2 EU servers currently.

Feedback to author: Sometimes you are locked in in Freelook mode and can not control vehicles via mouse. Is is very bothering when piloting helicopters or trying to be a gunning in Ghosthawk. Bug is disappearing after re-launching the Arma

Hello guys,

I just started playing Arma 3, but i also want to play Aftermath. So my question is: What must I do to be able to play this mod?

Mumpfel 

How long till you think there will be more servers me and some mates wanna play but we are from Australia and its kinda difficult to play on 400+ ping. We played a few games and really enjoyed it. :)

Can you please fix the Auto Team Balancer? It doesn't work and it deletes all you kills....... Very fun

Excellent gamemode, really enjoying it. Defo my fav gamemode to date!

Thanks for creating it, looking forward to what's in store for this project in the future.

Excellent gamemode, really enjoying it. Defo my fav gamemode to date!

Thanks for creating it, looking forward to what's in store for this project in the future.

would like to try this but the serevrs are always full.  Sent a PM hoping youd be willing to let me host a server with this missions (giving all credit to you and your site)

• Like 1

Are you guys going to release your server files / mission so we can get some US servers going?

• Like 1

Can you please fix the Auto Team Balancer? It doesn't work and it deletes all you kills....... Very fun

Hey there! Ill be looking into fixing the auto balancer, 70% of the time he does his job correctly but there are certain situations in which it will trigger without sense for example:

5 people of the Attacker team leave, 5 people who took the slots of them are joining and loading the mission. If in this second the autoteambalancer checks for autoteambalance it will kick you off even tho other people seem to have already balanced the game but as they arent ingame yet they dont count as players.

The Balancer will be adjusted and stats will be saved on the server so even if you get kicked within a round and reconnect in your old or other team you will still have all your stats.

BTW: Every 4 minutes it autosaves your stats, so no worries if you get kicked atm!

Are you guys going to release your server files / mission so we can get some US servers going?

Hostile Takeover will host some US servers soon :)

How do i downlode it  :o

No download required for the public vanilla servers :)

I updated the startpost!

Hostile Takeover will host some US servers soon :)

Does this mean you will not release server/mission files?

Does this mean you will not release server/mission files?

Nope, ive been asking if he will let me host a server for it via PM's and in here.  Refused to at least even say no.

• Like 1

Have you got a roadmap or anything like this? Will we be seeing more of the vehicles from RHS on the RHS server? Tanks? Light armoured vehicles? Will these make an appearance, and some of the locations you have chosen really go heavily in favour of the defenders and attackers never win. Map rotation would be much better than map voting aswell, because its just the same 2 maps over and over otherwise.

More maps , more vehicles, I also think the weapon unlock system needs alot of work, attachments should be from weapon kills. Not 18k required so I can unlock a flashlight... Besides 10+ games on RHS to unlock 1 weapon? I think thats a bit much and i normally average 5-6k a game, and night maps would be amazing too. No NVGS though just NVG sights

PLEASE! Give us more servers!

I love this game mode to death and is such a better experience than what king-of-the-hill tries to be. This is exactly what i needed to get back into Arma 3. I have been wanting a mod like this for so long.

I love the pace of the progression system and it just encourages you to jump back in and get more guns. I really don't care that this is a copy cat of BF because this game mode works SOOOO well for Arma 3 I'm just dumbfounded that Bohemia didn't include something similar.

However there are 2 things that I REALLY dislike about this mod:

1. Map Vote. 

---------------------------

Ok. I get it. People should be able to choose the map like most other FPS's. However, when the only 2 maps the people choose to play(regardless of server) is Pyrgos and Kavala it starts to get a little dull. I can see the appeal of the two maps but i much prefer a rotation since NOBODY  will choose any other map 80% of games. The other maps are completely pointless if everyone refuses to differentiate because they are scared to play on a map that is not CQC.

2. Vehicles

---------------------------

Don't get me wrong, i LIKE having vehicles. i just don't think there is enough of them. And by that i mean that there are no armed ground vehicles. I'm not asking for much, its just that if all the effort was taken to make it seem like the rush game mode from battlefield, then it would make since to include ATLEAST an armed hunter. Now i understand the possibility of making vehicles OP but there are ways  i think this can be handled. First by taking away thermal/NV + Hubble telescope zoom. This is what i think primarily makes armed vehicles OP for PVP games. Next is to cap its speed to a reasonable level so as to make them a fair target for an RPG. And it will give the engineer class more usability since lots of people spam Recon/Support class. Third, I would severely limit the amount of ammo a vehicle is supposed to have. This should help nerf vehicles as not to make them OP. It saddens me that combined arms/Mechanized infantry are neglected so much in the Arma 3 multiplayer community.

Despite all this i still love this game mode/Mod more than anyother by a long shot. Since this is still in beta i cant wait to see what content gets added next.

awesome game mode mod i love every minute of it but im seeing a trend with certain players. one being that they only stick to one side/team mostly opfor (red) and defend. one such person is slittler and has weapons no one else has un-locked. mind you he never switch's to bluefor( blue). i would like to see a mechanic that does away with just attacker and just defender and rather makes teams which roles and is xp locked. thank you and keep doing what your doing cant get enough of it!!!!

awesome game mode mod i love every minute of it but im seeing a trend with certain players. one being that they only stick to one side/team mostly opfor (red) and defend. one such person is slittler and has weapons no one else has un-locked. mind you he never switch's to bluefor( blue). i would like to see a mechanic that does away with just attacker and just defender and rather makes teams which roles and is xp locked. thank you and keep doing what your doing cant get enough of it!!!!

LOL I've been killed by that guy a bunch too. Your right he only uses one weapon the whole game, every game.

Hey, just dropping by wondering why the server is down, some kind of update? Just started playing this game-mode and unfortunately I'm addicted. xD

Hello, 

My name is Dick Kennedy i got banned on the Aftermath Rush server for trolling. I cant understand why. If my englsih isnt got sry im from germany. The story is i was at the spawn and get into a Hunter but a made disabled my wheels then i was mad and shot at him and 10 seconds later i got banned. I would be very happy if i get unbanned or if u guys can contact me.My ingame name is Dick Kennedy

Hello

I'm experiencing a bug were my unlock points and attachments wont get saved. Otherwise everything is working smooth, one of the funniest arma 3 mods i've played

Hi there,

we've just put up an US server, IP can be found on www.arma-aftermath.com.

We will eventually add more vehicles to the maps, please remember this is still a BETA and all maps can have diffrent vehicles.

The unlock system isnt done yet, please remember that its way harder to do a working one with less weapons than arma offers anyway because we only use weapons <= 7.62 and we have to split those up into 4 classes, thats why some of the unlocks seem to be streched without reason.

Regards, OPTiX

@Dick Kennedy Comment on my profile to talk about it: www.steamcommunity.com/id/ryanthett