Sign in to follow this  
skyace65

could NV link end up improving arma 3 performance?

Something I've been wondering about recently. I know from browsing around here that Arma 3's main problem has been from CPU bottleneck. So I've been wondering, do you guys think that NV link might end up giving a noticeable performance increase?

For those who don't know it's a feature Nvidia has talked about for a while and is planning to use with it's Pascal cards next year. Here's what the Nvidia site says about it. "NVLink puts a fatter pipe between the CPU and GPU, allowing data to flow at more than 80GB per second, compared to the 16GB per second available now."

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/25/gpu-roadmap-pascal/ Here's the page on Nvidia's website about Pascal

What's this:

Unified Memory: This will make building applications that take advantage of what both GPUs and CPUs can do quicker and easier by allowing the CPU to access the GPU’s memory, and the GPU to access the CPU’s memory, so developers don’t have to allocate resources between the two.

I'll remain sceptical and say very minor and none in the obivios AI/scripts bottlenecks.

NV released a performance driver series last year, a ton of Games profit from this drivers, in BF4 there was ~30% more frames improvement. Arma 3 = 0%

Not Nv need to link up to performance, the Games Engine need to link up.

Without a proper implementation of NV tech by BIS themselves, the improvement is going to be close to 0.

Without a proper implementation of NV tech by BIS themselves, the improvement is going to be close to 0.

Exactly.

As long as this game runs mainly over the cpu you can have dozen of gpu features, non of them will help you. Most bad think is that we dont get much better cpus the next 2 years...