Sign in to follow this  
Onno

[C#] Squad XML response type

I'm trying to write an application which will serve up Squad XML's.

It's a bit of an exercise to keep me busy and to stay up to date with my coding skills. (I'm aware of the php implementations, but I prefer .Net)

I'm trying to write it in C#. If possible, I'd like to serve up the file from a routed response (MVC4)

Would specifying "www.sarisdragons.org/squadname/xml/" be accepable as an input for the game if the response would be text/xml?

Does the game accept such a response, or does it need an actual file to download?

I also want to know how this is handled for the .PAA file.

would specifying "www.sarisdragons.org/squadname/shield/" be acceptable if the response mime type would be application/octet-stream?

Edited by Onno

Anyone?

Maybe this should be moved to scripting instead, if this isn't getting any replies?

I did a similar thing in Scala a while ago and I used ..../:playername/xml with text/xml as the mine type. So it definitely doesn't need a file it will take a reasonable URL, xml/ isn't an end point but I suspect it will accept it. As to the mime type I don't remember if it has to be text/xml, I used the right mime type but then play framework will use that automatically when you use an XML as the response. I wouldn't be surprised if BI doesn't even check it so I would try a hardcoded response and see if it works or not, I am about 90% confident it will.

• Like 1

I did a similar thing in Scala a while ago and I used ..../:playername/xml with text/xml as the mine type. So it definitely doesn't need a file it will take a reasonable URL, xml/ isn't an end point but I suspect it will accept it. As to the mime type I don't remember if it has to be text/xml, I used the right mime type but then play framework will use that automatically when you use an XML as the response. I wouldn't be surprised if BI doesn't even check it so I would try a hardcoded response and see if it works or not, I am about 90% confident it will.

Thank you for this answer. It was exactly the information I was looking for! :)