Dwarden, would you be so kind to show a specific example?

For 

_ctrl htmlLoad "\@Mod\html\html.html" 

or 

compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\@Mod\Scripts\script.sqf"

supposably.

It is very sad to realize, but after 10 years of modding my knowledge is no longer enough to do these simple things. 

Great thanks.

All data (scripts, textures, html, config files) used in all missions are placed in mod folder wich contains a different non-pbo simple folders like "Scripts", "Textures" etc. Paths to these ones are "\@Mod\...". I used this way since OFP, ie more than ten years. I have started the game yesterday and ups... game over. I was shocked. Do you know any other way to launch scripts, html placed in "\@Mod\..." (not missions) folders? I will be very grateful to you for help.

Removal of support for absolute path means you can no longer reference files by absolute path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" etc. I don't see how this affects your paths. Most likely you failed to enable filepatching or extension support

• Like 1

Most likely you failed to enable filepatching or extension support

You are a clear head! I missed the point when filePatching became necessary. I just use unpacked data. Great, great thanks!

Lil confused when getting the Launcher to use :-filepatching, it doesnt seem to work in the Command Line Parameters slot. Trying to use GL5's Userconfig and didnt have a problem before using launcher (which im new to) by just adding it to my exe. command line but now it doesnt find it.

Hello, I believe I missed something (meh). I added the -filepatching to the server start up params and the allowfilepatching = 1; to the server.cfg ...still not working. I use a txt file for reserved players.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182520-script-to-lock-out-player-slots/

UPDATE:

All fixed! I didn't have space between the startup params. Added a space and like magic... all better.

dubl

In current DEV-Branch I can not get -filePatching to work in order to load my edited config data.

Also the script command "filePatching" is not working and is not included in the arma3 script command list.

This should work according to the SITREP here. Screenshot of the important part.

Soooo. What's up with that? :-/

In current DEV-Branch I can not get -filePatching to work in order to load my edited config data.

Also the script command "filePatching" is not working and is not included in the arma3 script command list.

This should work according to the SITREP here. Screenshot of the important part.

Soooo. What's up with that? :-/

The script command is actually

isFilePatchingEnabled

The script command is actually

isFilePatchingEnabled

Thanks. This returns "true" on my system, finally a sign of confirmation.

Still wondering why arma does not eat my unpacked and totally broken (on purpose) config. :(

My pboPrefix (created by Mikero's PboProject) is MegasSound\addons\Mega_MX and my unpacked data is in arma3\MegasSound\Addons\Mega_MX\config.cpp.

OK guys, I'd like to get rid of -filePatching necessity. And I also don't want to use userconfig for some reasons.

NOW:

- I have a pbo acting as a loader, which has a config.cpp

- This one calls an init.sqf outside of the pbo via "#include "\@scriptname\script\init.sqf"

- EDIT: Also, there are execVMs of local unpacked scripts. // I think here is the problem?!

- From there, all Includes and "call compile preprocessfile" call their stuff via absolute relative paths from Addon dir...: \@scriptname\blah\bleh\config.sqf

But this construction does not load the script properly without -filepatching. Why is this?

SOLVED, there was one job to do:

- all execvm's only call files inside the pbo

So after some reorg, it works without -filepatching.

Is there a way to allow filepatching by the server but not by clients?

don't really want -filepatching as a launch param, but IIRC removing that prevents server from execVM unpacked files in its directory.

Is there a way to allow filepatching by the server but not by clients?

don't really want -filepatching as a launch param, but IIRC removing that prevents server from execVM unpacked files in its directory.

What is so bad if one is using -filePatching as launch option on server?

What is so bad if one is using -filePatching as launch option on server?

From what I recall, doesn't this allow clients to use unpacked data? Or does the server.cfg setting override for clients

From what I recall, doesn't this allow clients to use unpacked data? Or does the server.cfg setting override for clients

allowedFilePatching regulates client permissions