Sign in to follow this  
vran.

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata dead at 55

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/13/tech/nintendo-ceo-satoru-iwata-legacy/

Apparently it was bile cancer. Like many others, I too was growing up on Nintendo games, although the last Nintendo system I had was the GameCube, before switching almost completely to PC gaming. The man was reponsible for the Wii and DS family of games consoles which made gaming accessible to practically everyone.

Well the first gaming system I ever had (and still have!) was a Nintendo NES so I always had a fond memory of the company. Iwata wasn't just a CEO, he was also a game dev with a great passion for making and playing games and that really showed in his work and in his relationship with the Nintendo Community.

It is sad to see him pass away.

I don't think so highly of Iwata. He was responsible for the Wii U, which has sales roughly equal to the XBone despite no PR handicap and a 2 year headstart. It's still sad to see him die. :(

Well the first gaming system I ever had (and still have!) was a Nintendo NES so I always had a fond memory of the company. Iwata wasn't just a CEO, he was also a game dev with a great passion for making and playing games and that really showed in his work and in his relationship with the Nintendo Community.

It is sad to see him pass away.

Well my first ever system was the ZX Spectrum but my first game console was also the NES, aka Family Computer. Real fun system in it's time and it's still fun to play in a nostalgic fashion (you can't beat Mario Bros. 3, Contra and Jackal ;) ).

It's interesting to think Nintendo had a great success almost the same time as Apple and that both CEOs had almost the same fate. And although in recent times Nintendo aren't commercially as successful, they still have a passion for their thing, as you say a gaming-oriented company for all ages.