I dont like asking those questions aswell, but to answer it, all images are on the previous thread. But after talking to a moderator, they will transfer the old thread to my account, and merge it with this one.

Thank you for the quick answer, it makes sense to merge the 2 threads, or change the ownership of the existing one.

That said, i thought there was a single place were all (or most) WIP images are posted (imgur album, gyazo, facebook, twitter etc) that somehow i sort of missed .To reiterate, i ask this due to my own curiosity regarding the fact that the list on the first page (and i am writing here as a content creator) is dazzling to say the least, in terms of proposed number and diversity of the assets, and i wanted to see the detail you aim for by having a look over wip shots of the production process

thank you for that, but it looks like this is based on an existing mesh (Franze's F18 done originally for OFP springs to mind), and not a scratch build (there was a video of some development work which confirms my assumption)

Thank you for the quick answer, it makes sense to merge the 2 threads, or change the ownership of the existing one.

That said, i thought there was a single place were all (or most) WIP images are posted (imgur album, gyazo, facebook, twitter etc) that somehow i sort of missed .To reiterate, i ask this due to my own curiosity regarding the fact that the list on the first page (and i am writing here as a content creator) is dazzling to say the least, in terms of proposed number and diversity of the assets, and i wanted to see the detail you aim for by having a look over wip shots of the production process

thank you for that, but it looks like this is based on an existing mesh (Franze's F18 done originally for OFP springs to mind), and not a scratch build (there was a video of some development work which confirms my assumption)

I dont know about the F/A-18, as i am not involved in that model.

But i hope this answers the question regarding pictures: http://s827.photobucket.com/user/Brian_Pothoven/slideshow/US%20Naval%20Warfare%20Pack the pics are almost all F/A-18, but there shold be a destroyer sub-album

I dont know about the F/A-18, as i am not involved in that model.

But i hope this answers the question regarding pictures: http://s827.photobucket.com/user/Brian_Pothoven/slideshow/US%20Naval%20Warfare%20Pack the pics are almost all F/A-18, but there shold be a destroyer sub-album

it does tell me everything i need to know about the current progress and quality, yes, thank you for the link

Thanks to R0adki11 and head moderator BohemiaBeck, the thread has been transfered to my account, so this thread is open again.

• Like 4

Thanks to R0adki11 and head moderator BohemiaBeck, the thread has been transfered to my account, so this thread is open again.

Great :)

foxone do you accept co-op with modding ?

Can you PM me, with what you exactly mean

After some weeks of silence here is an update you want to read:

After Turtleimpaler stepping down, me and SJones took over as lead devs on the project.
In the past weeks we have talked with the team, and discussed the asset list. As we were not sure why some assets were on the list, we decided to cut the asset list back to what our initial drive to start this pack was.
This mean we have cut out almost all of our ground assets, some air assets have been removed aswell, along with 2 ships. This also means we have added some new Boats, and UAV's.
We don't have a clear roadmap at this point, as we are still working on that.

Some more news which might make some people sad, is that we decided to start with ships such as the LPD, LSD rather then the destroyers and cruisers, the reason here for is that, we saw more use and fuction in ships that can deploy larger forces of both Air and Seaborne assets at this time, and with Arma's current engine possibilities in mind. This does not mean there wont be any destroyers and cruiser at all, but that they will come at a later stage.

Here is an updated asset list:

Aircraft

Helicopters

AH-1Z Viper
CH-53E Super Stallion
CH-53K King Stallion
MH-53E Sea Dragon
MH-60R SeaHawk
MH-60S KnightHawk
UH-1Y Venom

Fixed Wing
AV-8B Harrier II
C-2A Greyhound
EA-6B Prowler
E-2D Advanced Hawkeye
F/A-18C Hornet
F/A-18D Hornet
F/A-18E Super Hornet
F/A-18F Super Hornet
E/A-18G Growler
F-35B Lightning II
F-35C Lightning II
KC-130J Super Hercules
MV-22B Osprey
T-45C Goshawk

UAV's
MQ-8b Fire Scout
RQ-7B Shadow
ScanEagle
X-47B/C

Boats
SOC-R
Mark V SOC
SURC (Small Unit Riverine Craft)
RCB (Riverine Command Boat)
RHIB versions

Ships

LHA
USS America
LHD
USS Bonhomme Richard
LPD
USS John P. Murtha
LSD
USS Ashland
Cruisers - Ticonderoga Class
USS Port Royal
Destroyers - Arleigh Burke Class
USS Michael Murphy
LCS
TBD

Ground Assets
Oshkosh LVSR
LVSR MK14
LVSR MK15
LVSR MK16
LVSR MK17
LVSR MK18
Assault Breacher Vehicle
M60 AVLB

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

We are actively looking for people with animation and Oxygen (O2) skills. We are also looking for people with good modelling, scripting, config and texturing skills.

If you have any of these skills and want to join the team, message ME or SJones, or come on our Discord and send a message there.

Thats all for now, and stay tuned for a new Roadmap soon!

• Like 8

Seems good, all the good things have stayed 

• Like 2

if you'd ask me, your scope and asset list is still way too broad...especially considering the current development status, but hey, what do i know...good luck

• Like 6

if you'd ask me, your scope and asset list is still way too broad...especially considering the current development status, but hey, what do i know...good luck

Didn't you come in here last time criticizing their development status? Getting that real RHS Elitist vibe going here.... Why don't you give us a full RHS assets list? Let me guess, its about the same size... 

• Like 3

Foxone. If you want to use any piece of code of the LCS-2 USS Independence you can use what you want.

I also have a remoted pilot boat that can be used to detect mines.

I can send you the source files

• Like 4

Foxone. If you want to use any piece of code of the LCS-2 USS Independence you can use what you want.

I also have a remoted pilot boat that can be used to detect mines.

I can send you the source files

That would be great, just PM me with the relevant things.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Didn't you come in here last time criticizing their development status? Getting that real RHS Elitist vibe going here.... Why don't you give us a full RHS assets list? Let me guess, its about the same size... 

Your read the above wrong: there is no elitism whatsoever. I am actually interested in this particular mod, especially the naval part of it.

Last time i posted in this thread (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183031-us-naval-warfare-pack-wip/?p=2978327) was asking about the existence of a centralized repository of WIP images of the content, not criticizing anything or anyone. You should really mind your tone though, even if this the internet.

The full RHS asset list is not public for a reason - no one actually knows it or has one actually defined from A to Z. I don't know why you made the comparison when there is none to make... 

• Like 2

You know,if you want to cut down on the time to make things,the Ch-53 is already in the CUP-mod,F-18 various models already exist in different models (no one will blame you for directing players to other mods to make it work) ,the T-45,Hawkeye and Super Hercules + the big ships isn`t in there as assets

yet,they need to be made.

If you just did this,and skip on the planes we already got,you would cut the time significantly.

Just saying. Good luck with the mod making.

• Like 1

Your read the above wrong: there is no elitism whatsoever. I am actually interested in this particular mod, especially the naval part of it.

Last time i posted in this thread (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183031-us-naval-warfare-pack-wip/?p=2978327) was asking about the existence of a centralized repository of WIP images of the content, not criticizing anything or anyone. You should really mind your tone though, even if this the internet.

The full RHS asset list is not public for a reason - no one actually knows it or has one actually defined from A to Z. I don't know why you made the comparison when there is none to make... 

"no one knows the asset list" - LOL Sounds like some of my stuff.  I have to go back to source files once every so often to find what the heck I designed :D

• Like 2

Well, this thread has brought me out of (BIF posting) semi-retirement. I look forward to seeing your project when its finished! FWIW, I agree with PuFu and John1. Skip those things that are already represented and keep the scope narrow (at least for the time being). My biggest complaint in the Arma series has been the sheer number of variants (of the same item). For awhile it seemed we only had 2 weapons in the game (AK-47.M-16) but hundreds of variants. Custom/new content is whats desired. 

Also, working on a CVN? Give Hatchet a buzz. 

Well, this thread has brought me out of (BIF posting) semi-retirement. I look forward to seeing your project when its finished! FWIW, I agree with PuFu and John1. Skip those things that are already represented and keep the scope narrow (at least for the time being). My biggest complaint in the Arma series has been the sheer number of variants (of the same item). For awhile it seemed we only had 2 weapons in the game (AK-47.M-16) but hundreds of variants. Custom/new content is whats desired. 

Also, working on a CVN? Give Hatchet a buzz.

The Nimitz is an CVN which is still in the works by TeTeT, some of our guys are also part of the Nimitz team (including me). So that is not on our list for that reason, and our scope is to release new assets to Arma, the only assets we have on the list that are already out there are the F/A-18E/F, the CH-53E, and the H-1 aircraft, which we are all renewing with alot of new features, and as we already have the models
  • Like 1

I need to give a point to Pufu and John in what they're saying, and what they're saying is very true and it is in fact constructive criticism, which is a good form of it. 

Lets be honest, the addon list is huge, it has everything from helicopters to fixed wing ending on destroyers. If you would take for example only the helicopter section and decided to only work on them for now, it would take you a bit of time to finish them all in order for them to have good quality standard. Lets take Pookie for example (hope you don't mind ^.^) it took him a bit to release his SAM pack and I'm sure it involved some heave scripting and fidling within Arma engine to get it working but he did. But keep in mind that was one project he was working on at that time, after he finished that he went to EF and other stuff. 

Point is that you're just trying to bite off more than you can chew. The project was massive since the beginning and more stuff was added to it over the time, like the semi-advanced or advanced flight model for every aircraft. Even though its pretty much impossible within engine the decision was still taken to try and make a DCS out of Arma, so how did that effect the nearly done assets ? well it pushed their release even further. Innovation is one thing but I think we will all appreciate standard quality mods with standard functions rather than just WIP reports of stuff being added that will never be finished. I'm not saying this to pick out on you and I understand that it is very easy for me to stand here to and tell you all the issues but its just a form of showing a different perspective on the situation, an independent one.  

Just a reference to RHS, I think PuFu really tried to help you guys out here, not to insult you. Look at RHS, their team is massive and they're working on next updates, but for even a very big and experienced team like them it takes lots of time to come out with an update. So what PuFu was trying to say is 'Hey, it's damn hard for us to work on all the stuff, so maybe if you cut down the list and some ideas then it might be easier for you guys'. 

I hope that it was somewhat useful and good luck with the project, will be keeping eye on it. 

• Like 3

I need to give a point to Pufu and John in what they're saying, and what they're saying is very true and it is in fact constructive criticism, which is a good form of it. 

Lets be honest, the addon list is huge, it has everything from helicopters to fixed wing ending on destroyers. If you would take for example only the helicopter section and decided to only work on them for now, it would take you a bit of time to finish them all in order for them to have good quality standard. Lets take Pookie for example (hope you don't mind ^.^) it took him a bit to release his SAM pack and I'm sure it involved some heave scripting and fidling within Arma engine to get it working but he did. But keep in mind that was one project he was working on at that time, after he finished that he went to EF and other stuff. 

Point is that you're just trying to bite off more than you can chew. The project was massive since the beginning and more stuff was added to it over the time, like the semi-advanced or advanced flight model for every aircraft. Even though its pretty much impossible within engine the decision was still taken to try and make a DCS out of Arma, so how did that effect the nearly done assets ? well it pushed their release even further. Innovation is one thing but I think we will all appreciate standard quality mods with standard functions rather than just WIP reports of stuff being added that will never be finished. I'm not saying this to pick out on you and I understand that it is very easy for me to stand here to and tell you all the issues but its just a form of showing a different perspective on the situation, an independent one.  

Just a reference to RHS, I think PuFu really tried to help you guys out here, not to insult you. Look at RHS, their team is massive and they're working on next updates, but for even a very big and experienced team like them it takes lots of time to come out with an update. So what PuFu was trying to say is 'Hey, it's damn hard for us to work on all the stuff, so maybe if you cut down the list and some ideas then it might be easier for you guys'. 

I hope that it was somewhat useful and good luck with the project, will be keeping eye on it. 

I will keep all the help/tips/constuctive criticismn in mind during the Roadmap discussion which is scheduled for tomorrow, and we will thoroughly discuss it, and YES this may result in the cut of some more features and maybe assets.

I want to thank everybody for their tips and constuctive criticismn, with all this in mind, we hope to get back to work and bring high quality models to Arma 4 (Just Kidding Arma 3 Offcourse :P :P)

• Like 1

we hope to get back to work and bring high quality models to Arma 4 (Just Kidding Arma 3 Offcourse :P :P)

I rather think it will be ARMA 78 with that list of yours....

jk, awesome work guys Cant wait for them ships!

UPDATE:

After some small discussions yesterday, we have decided to remove some more assets of the list.

The following assets are:

- All the ground vehicles

- 2 UAV's, the RQ-7 Shadow and the ScanEagle

- AV-8B and the MH-53E

Well with that being said, some better news, today i have started on the SOC-R model, i hope to post some screenshots soon!

• Like 5