ALLCON

Stand by for Destroyer WIP pictures

This Sunday i will upload the first couple sceenshots of the destroyer, so you guys can see the progress.

I hope you will like my work so far! :)

Cheers,

Foxone

PS: sorry for the week delay, i had important school stuff which came up, and school is my first priority.

• Like 5

Not at the moment sadly, this is all due to Arma 3's engine, you would need diving gear to man the sub

It is not true.

If you look at the wiki for ship builders in the modification board 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Ships_Config_Guidelines

Look at the explanation of the  aircappacity config line

Just add to you vehicle config something like:

airCapacity = 1209600;

And the crew won't die of suffocation.

Submarines are possible but they dive veeeery slowly

It is not true.

If you look at the wiki for ship builders in the modification board 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Ships_Config_Guidelines

Look at the explanation of the  aircappacity config line

Just add to you vehicle config something like:

airCapacity = 1209600;

And the crew won't die of suffocation.

Submarines are possible but they dive veeeery slowly

The crew wont suffocate, but the problem is that there will be water on the inside of the sub, like in the SDV

The crew wont suffocate, but the problem is that there will be water on the inside of the sub, like in the SDV

Its a shame to think we might actually have had subs in Arma 3, BI made a pretty cool model for a sub that's in the game, but its just a static object. Makes you wonder if they actually had plans for a sub. I'd actually love to see it done in the APEX update. I think Tanoa is prefect for covert ops night time marine operations coordinated from a sub, SEAL gameplay all that good stuff :)

• Like 1

Well there are some mods which let you use the vanilla trident class submarine (I think it reprensents a real life Astute class). Some do it good some, well, less good. I think the best is:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25517

As far as I know it creates an interieur construction far away from the map and teleports you there when you enter the sub. You can navigate, dive, drive around, fire weapons, use that little SDV for specops, walk “inside the submarine“ and So on. Its a work around, but not bad for getting a real submarine in Arma.

As promised!

Here are the first WIP pictures of the Destroyer model i am working on:

VLS 64 Cells mounted on the aft of the ship:

Schermopname%2037_zpsyxdshesl.png

The first tow rudders and propellers:

Schermopname%2039_zpsaww2pthb.png

The Mk-45 Mod 1/2 mounted on the front of the ship together with the 32 cells VLS system:

Schermopname%2038_zpsr2yqndl5.png

Mk-32 triple torpedo tubes:

Schermopname%2036_zpsnvmccu6d.png

64 Cells VLS system:

Schermopname%2034_zpsonjrlhac.png

The two hangar doors and landing deck:

Schermopname%2035_zpsukd04qx0.png

The 32 Cells VLS system:

Schermopname%2033_zps77ueuy6u.png

Just for the record:

I am using the Arma 2 Destroyer as a base model, but i have removed a lot of parts, and added alot of my own parts to it, so a portion credits go to BI for making the Arma 2 Destroyer and giving all the Arma 2 files to the community.

EDIT:

I just noticed the pictures aren't fully HD, i dont know why, but they were fully HD when i uploaded them to Photobucket.

Cheers,

Foxone

• Like 4

Swedish mod has some working torpedos and Anti-ship missiles.Talk to them if you want to shorten the time to get the systems in-game .

Maybe,they`ll help you...

Nice pix! Will we be able to walk inside of it? You could use some way to "paint" a road inside of it?   Could you make some hatches inside of it,that could be closed and trap air inside rooms?

Could be a great rescue diver mission.

If you need some help with scripting missiles,there are some stuff about that in another ship mod somewhere in Forums.

Swedish mod has some working torpedos and Anti-ship missiles.Talk to them if you want to shorten the time to get the systems in-game .

Maybe,they`ll help you...

Nice pix! Will we be able to walk inside of it? You could use some way to "paint" a road inside of it?   Could you make some hatches inside of it,that could be closed and trap air inside rooms?

Could be a great rescue diver mission.

If you need some help with scripting missiles,there are some stuff about that in another ship mod somewhere in Forums.

We are making our own torpedos and Anti-ship missile scripts, also yes the ship will have walkable interior (with textures ofcourse).

And about the hatches for the diver missions, that will be a no, since that isnt their in real life either.

Nice work! Quick question, will there be a misslebox included for the mod or are you guys going to use default Arma munitions for the mod. If you guys want  you're own misslebox I might be able to help. I'm currently studying game art in college and recently learned how to texture and model on Autodesk Maya. I'm still a newb but I think I can handle simple shapes such as missles and torpedo's. I'm looking to get into modding myself and thought making a custom misslebox might be a good place to start. 

Its just moddeling and texturing though, I can't animate yet. 

Let me know if you'd like to see some of the stuff I have made so far so I can show you guys what my current skill level is. 

And keep up the good work!

• Like 2

I can imagine putting that bad boy in Pryos bay and raining death upon anyone who opposes me  

• Like 2

Nice work! Quick question, will there be a misslebox included for the mod or are you guys going to use default Arma munitions for the mod. If you guys want  you're own misslebox I might be able to help. I'm currently studying game art in college and recently learned how to texture and model on Autodesk Maya. I'm still a newb but I think I can handle simple shapes such as missles and torpedo's. I'm looking to get into modding myself and thought making a custom misslebox might be a good place to start. 

Its just moddeling and texturing though, I can't animate yet. 

Let me know if you'd like to see some of the stuff I have made so far so I can show you guys what my current skill level is. 

And keep up the good work!

We are using Fullers missilebox, and are adding our own weapons to it, like the torpedoes and Tomahawks, and missiles and bombs which werent in there already.

I can imagine putting that bad boy in Pryos bay and raining death upon anyone who opposes me  everyone and every fucking thing that lives

Fixed it for you ;D LOL

• Like 4

Doors?  They exist,but this is just for my mission.Not that important.Take the time to do it well.Has done some stuff,in Autodesk as well.If  you need some advise-on a beginner /entry level.

There are a lot that can be done in Auotodesk-try to make the scripts run in that environment first-that is probably best,you can update base-class names on the fly,if needed.

That is what is breaking most mods when the game is up-dated most of the time.

Maybe,you can get some ideas about the missiles from Pook Sam 4.0 post on the Forums.

Doors?  They exist,but this is just for my mission.Not that important.Take the time to do it well.Has done some stuff,in Autodesk as well.If  you need some advise-on a beginner /entry level.

There are a lot that can be done in Auotodesk-try to make the scripts run in that environment first-that is probably best,you can update base-class names on the fly,if needed.

That is what is breaking most mods when the game is up-dated most of the time.

Maybe,you can get some ideas about the missiles from Pook Sam 4.0 post on the Forums.

I think i miss understood what you said. I thought you meant a hatch so you can enter the ship from underneath it.

But yes the doors will be able to open and close, same goes for the hangar doors (ofcourse). 

If this is not what you meant to say, please send me a PM, with an explanation.

Everything is looking great so far foxone. Amazing progress. Me and my group are looking forward to the US Naval blockade of Tanoa. Its gonna make for some great scenarios.

• Like 1

As promised!

Here are the first WIP pictures of the Destroyer model i am working on:

VLS 64 Cells mounted on the aft of the ship:

Schermopname%2037_zpsyxdshesl.png

The first tow rudders and propellers:

Schermopname%2039_zpsaww2pthb.png

The Mk-45 Mod 1/2 mounted on the front of the ship together with the 32 cells VLS system:

Schermopname%2038_zpsr2yqndl5.png

Mk-32 triple torpedo tubes:

Schermopname%2036_zpsnvmccu6d.png

64 Cells VLS system:

Schermopname%2034_zpsonjrlhac.png

The two hangar doors and landing deck:

Schermopname%2035_zpsukd04qx0.png

The 32 Cells VLS system:

Schermopname%2033_zps77ueuy6u.png

Just for the record:

I am using the Arma 2 Destroyer as a base model, but i have removed a lot of parts, and added alot of my own parts to it, so a portion credits go to BI for making the Arma 2 Destroyer and giving all the Arma 2 files to the community.

EDIT:

I just noticed the pictures aren't fully HD, i dont know why, but they were fully HD when i uploaded them to Photobucket.

Cheers,

Foxone

Is this ship drivable and fully walkable? and can you land a helicopter on the helipad while it is moving?

Is this ship drivable and fully walkable? and can you land a helicopter on the helipad while it is moving?

All the ships will be walkable and be able to have a helicopter land on it.

V1.0 of the big ships will be static but walkable.

V2.0 or later will be moveable (and maybe also a Heli being able to land on it, but that could be in V3.0)

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this project, I can't lie, I'm mostly hopeful for you guys' JLTV, even though that part of the project has undergone major setbacks.  Looking good so far though!

The Mod is definitely NOT dead! We are still working on the Assets!

• Like 6

Hey All,

Just in case some of you have not noticed, there are 2 seasons approaching: Semester 1 Exams and Christmas/Religious equivalent. Some of us have exams to pass, gifts to buy for our families and pay bills/loans, or both. For this, we're prioritizing life over mods. 

If you'd like extremely detailed and complicated mods like this released asap, our going rate(per team member) is $215 USD/hour non-negotiable non-refundable. But we're not gonna pull some shit like that since we love the game and we want everyone's experience to be improved. So have some patience kids, the adults are working on this. 

Also, if a non-team member post some shit like that, disregard it. They're talking out of their ass. If i see shit like that again im changing the compression type on our PBO's and blacklisting A3PID's. You've been warned.

• Like 7