I'd caution on making the start up sequence "too" realistic to take away from gameplay.  I can get a -60R/S started very quickly, but I still have to sit there for 10-15 minutes (sometimes more) from turning the APU on, just to wait for the INS to come up.  Do gamers want to just sit there staring at their screen until it says the aircraft knows where it is?  That's your call, but I'd argue that might take some of the fun out of it.

Also, just FYI, be it a T-45 or a Texan, no IP can "lock out" the controls from the student.  It doesn't work that way.  Both pilots can always control the aircaft.  And yes, that can lead to people fighting over the controls.

Just to add to what TheSn4k3 said, because arma is arma, you cannot have two pilots and have them both controlling an aircraft. It tends to break things....a lot of things...

Also I doubt you understand the idea of Easy, Medium, and Hard mode. Read a few pages back to get an idea of what they are.

Will the F35's have a working touchscreen? Will there be animations for the cockpit as well?

Will the F35's have a working touchscreen? Will there be animations for the cockpit as well?

We wil add the Interactive cockpit on a later stage, since we are still developing it, and it could take us months for we finish it, and we dont want to hold back the first models, just because we dont have the interactive cockpit ready yet.

• Like 1

Actually the advanced cockpits are easy to make depending on the startup sequence so we could actually release each mod in full version right off the bat, even if it would extend the release time, it would be way more worth it.

• Like 1

Just to add to what TheSn4k3 said, because arma is arma, you cannot have two pilots and have them both controlling an aircraft. It tends to break things....a lot of things...

I think I may have misunderstood what you meant by saying "lock out" someone.  If you mean like how it currently works (say in the MH-6), then yeah, I get it and understand that's how the game engine works.

Also I doubt you understand the idea of Easy, Medium, and Hard mode. Read a few pages back to get an idea of what they are.

I do understand, but several posts before mine had guys wetting themselves over a DCS-level of startup sequences.  I just don't think people who claim to want "realistic startups" understand that sometimes a "realistic startup" in the real world is just sitting there twiddling your thumbs waiting for a system to start working, even when everything else on the aircaft is ready to go and you're ready to taxi (like the %$&*-ing INS system in the Romeo/Sierra).

Honestly, I think the internet is just getting in the way of communication.  Do what you guys are going to do, and I look forward to the results.

I do understand, but several posts before mine had guys wetting themselves over a DCS-level of startup sequences.  I just don't think people who claim to want "realistic startups" understand that sometimes a "realistic startup" in the real world is just sitting there twiddling your thumbs waiting for a system to start working, even when everything else on the aircaft is ready to go and you're ready to taxi (like the %$&*-ing INS system in the Romeo/Sierra).

Well...yeah. I mean, the realistic version will require patience but the main reason we even designed this is for the niche pilots who love DCS/realistic gameplay and/or flight. Now, we wont have much of a delay in the systems individually starting up(maybe max 5 seconds depending on the system) just to keep things rolling since htis is a game after all, but as always, people always want to see how it would be to actually do this stuff.

But if people dont like it, there's always easy and medium mode so people are not locked in there crying for an entire op lol.

• Like 2

So the hard startup mode will be also applied to helicopters?

So the hard startup mode will be also applied to helicopters?

Yes, the interactive cockpit will be applied to all Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aircraft, and maybe to ships aswell

• Like 2

Big mistake! I have no problem with that but many players are going away from this mod if you make it too complicated!
But then again it's your mod so I'm not sure you care about what others think.

Big mistake! I have no problem with that but many players are going away from this mod if you make it too complicated!

But then again it's your mod so I'm not sure you care about what others think.

I am not sure if you read the last 2 pages, but we specificly said that there will be 3 cockpit modes, the easy/dumb one, which will have no interactive cockpit, an medium/normal one, which will only have interactive switches to change the MFD screens, and a hard/realistic mode, which will have a fully interactive cockpit as seen in the A-10C from Peral and DCS.

I am not sure if you read the last 2 pages, but we specificly said that there will be 3 cockpit modes, the easy/dumb one, which will have no interactive cockpit, an medium/normal one, which will only have interactive switches to change the MFD screens, and a hard/realistic mode, which will have a fully interactive cockpit as seen in the A-10C from Peral and DCS.

Sorry mate I missed that :(

Yes, the interactive cockpit will be applied to all Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aircraft, and maybe to ships aswell

Will startup times be more realistic so helicopters don't start up in 15 sec in hard mode. Could you have things warm up and spin up like the turbines. So it not just so cheesy how you can get airborne in 5 seconds or less.

Whats the weapon list so far for the F18's?

Sorry mate I missed that :(

No problem man, stuff like that happens, no big deal ;)

Will startup times be more realistic so helicopters don't start up in 15 sec in hard mode. Could you have things warm up and spin up like the turbines. So it not just so cheesy how you can get airborne in 5 seconds or less.

We strave to the most realistic so the anwser is that in hard mode, it will take as long to take off as it takes in real life.

Whats the weapon list so far for the F18's?

We are using Fullers Missilebox, so almost all weapons are in there, but weapons that are not in there will be made by ourselfs.

• Like 1

We strave to the most realistic so the anwser is that in hard mode, it will take as long to take off as it takes in real life.

We are using Fullers Missilebox, so almost all weapons are in there, but weapons that are not in there will be made by ourselfs.

Including the B61 Bomb??

Including the B61 Bomb??

only the weapons that are used by the navy, so no B61.

only the weapons that are used by the navy, so no B61.

Only the Marines use the B61 on their F18's?

Only the Marines use the B61 on their F18's?

Then you will see them ingame aswell :)

Given all the above, and assuming you have a perfectly working helicopter, here's a basic run-down of the timeline (just offering this up if you're interested).

-APU start up: 45s

-Computer boot-up:  90-120s

-Loading data from cards to the computer:  60-90s

Assuming you skip all the pre-start checks (which you can't really simulate in A3)...

-Engine start up:  45s (x2)

-Rotors turning:  20s

Again, skipping the last bit of checks/crypto load/etc...

-Taxi/Takeoff.

So total startup time would be ~5 minutes.  Obviously there's more to it in real life, but that's not a bad target-time for in-game.

Given all the above, and assuming you have a perfectly working helicopter, here's a basic run-down of the timeline (just offering this up if you're interested).

Assuming you skip all the pre-start checks (which you can't really simulate in A3)...

-Taxi/Takeoff.

So total startup time would be ~5 minutes.  Obviously there's more to it in real life, but that's not a bad target-time for in-game.

I could support a 5 min startup time. Would add a great experience to arma.
  • Like 2

-Taxi/Takeoff.

Well the thing is, we are talking about Arma here. While we could make an event handler to turn on the engine on #Engine_On_Button, we're most likely gonna try to setup a delay to rotor start with a joined engine sound. Of course this wont be a thing in medium/easy 

Are you planning on having dynamic ammo counter, like on the Wipeout?