Well then... I did not expect that kind of a Monday update.

Very pleasing to see that using modules you will allow it to appeal to people who play with mods for fun, all the way to realism unit level. Very nice.

Now as an aid to those who don't usually use modules, will you be setting aircraft default (No linked modules) to Easy mode? (Figured someone would want to know.)

Good question - Yes, aircraft will start out in easy mode if it is not linked to a module. To switch it to medium/hard mode, just go to a R&R pad, ammo box/vehicle, or hangar just like the usual service menu.

• Like 3

Good question - Yes, aircraft will start out in easy mode if it is not linked to a module. To switch it to medium/hard mode, just go to a R&R pad, ammo box/vehicle, or hangar just like the usual service menu.

Will there be an option in the module to lock the vehicle to a certain difficulty?

speaking of switches and stuff will the gauges and mfds (multi function displays) work?

speaking of switches and stuff will the gauges and mfds (multi function displays) work?

Yes, hence the DCS reference. 

Will there be an option in the module to lock the vehicle to a certain difficulty?

Of fucking course not, hence why you can change it in the Module or Service Menu.

Yes, hence the DCS reference. 

Of fucking course not, hence why you can change it in the Module or Service Menu.

Won't that kind of defeat the purpose of having hard mode for realism units if their newer / less trusted members are able to change the plane usage difficulty at any point in time?

• Like 2

Won't that kind of defeat the purpose of having hard mode for realism units if their newer / less trusted members are able to change the plane usage difficulty at any point in time?

If you dont trust your members to stay in the mode you tell them to, then thats a training issue...or personal issue, depends how you look at it. 

• Like 1

If you dont trust your members to stay in the mode you tell them to, then thats a training issue...or personal issue, depends how you look at it. 

For training aircraft you could put the service menu to the instructors seat 

This means that all aircraft will have 3 modes accessible via Service Menu or Startup Module: Easy Mode(Usual A3 startup/flight), Medium Mode(usual flight, interactive MFD/Some active functions), and Hard Mode(Basically DCS in Arma 3). .

Due to this, the traditional FLIR cam screen will be only available in the AH-1Z. All other aircraft will use a new type of lag-free FLIR MFD like in real aircraft, as well as some new MFD options that pilots can use and some new options overall for pilots to use.

datas.gif

crwdc.gif

Damn son, if you guys do this well haha, strewth mate! 

• Like 3

Is you team going to invest any of your time into making all the ship drivable or are they going to be static vehicles?

Is you team going to invest any of your time into making all the ship drivable or are they going to be static vehicles?

Well all the large ships will be static in V1.0 but will be drivable at a later state, because we have to figure some stuff out as for walking on the ship while it is moving, same goes for landing a Helo on the ship and attaching it. As for the smaller boats, they will be driveable in V1.0
  • Like 4

For training aircraft you could put the service menu to the instructors seat 

That is a good idea but i think its only available for the main pilot since the instructor seat is technically a proxy, but ill look into it. It would be hard tho to fake being in Hard Mode to be honest, plus the CP can see what you're doing lol.

That is a good idea but i think its only available for the main pilot since the instructor seat is technically a proxy, but ill look into it. It would be hard tho to fake being in Hard Mode to be honest, plus the CP can see what you're doing lol.

How would the instructor be able to see what you are doing in a aircraft with a front seat/back seat configuration? 

Could add it to both seats in case for demo flights say formations etc the front seat could have it but if the instructor was in the back seat he could set it to each mode? (Both get option but instructor gets priority)

It was said previously that for the T-45 the back sit will be set as Pilot, but the name for the variable will be "instructor" rather than "Pilot."

It was said previously that for the T-45 the back sit will be set as Pilot, but the name for the variable will be "instructor" rather than "Pilot."

Makes no sense considering it can be flown from either front or back

Makes no sense considering it can be flown from either front or back

The purpose is so that the Instructor can lock controls from the Trainee.

AKA if you think your Trainee shouldn't be a pilot, or if the trainee is being a goof, you can prevent them from flying anymore.

The purpose is so that the Instructor can lock controls from the Trainee.

AKA if you think your Trainee shouldn't be a pilot, or if the trainee is being a goof, you can prevent them from flying anymore.

Yes but my point is that even with the T-6 Texan mod as the instructor you can lock the controls...

Yes but my point is that even with the T-6 Texan mod as the instructor you can lock the controls...

In the T-6 mod, the Front seat (Trainee) can lock it, not the Instructor.

In the T-6 mod, the Front seat (Trainee) can lock it, not the Instructor.

The point still stands....

Dont know where you're getting your info but its wrong.

Edit: Student, like IRL will be the "pilot", while the Instructor will be the "copilot"

Prob about 10~ pages back. I was informed that Instructor seat will be the renamed Pilot so that Instructor has full control.

Regardless of how we accomplish it, the end result will be the correct one. Rest assured, I didn't spend countless hours making the t45 to half ass it at the end. Its going to be done right so don't worry too much with the details.

• Like 4

I'd caution on making the start up sequence "too" realistic to take away from gameplay.  I can get a -60R/S started very quickly, but I still have to sit there for 10-15 minutes (sometimes more) from turning the APU on, just to wait for the INS to come up.  Do gamers want to just sit there staring at their screen until it says the aircraft knows where it is?  That's your call, but I'd argue that might take some of the fun out of it.

Also, just FYI, be it a T-45 or a Texan, no IP can "lock out" the controls from the student.  It doesn't work that way.  Both pilots can always control the aircaft.  And yes, that can lead to people fighting over the controls.

I'd caution on making the start up sequence "too" realistic to take away from gameplay.  I can get a -60R/S started very quickly, but I still have to sit there for 10-15 minutes (sometimes more) from turning the APU on, just to wait for the INS to come up.  Do gamers want to just sit there staring at their screen until it says the aircraft knows where it is?  That's your call, but I'd argue that might take some of the fun out of it.

Also, just FYI, be it a T-45 or a Texan, no IP can "lock out" the controls from the student.  It doesn't work that way.  Both pilots can always control the aircaft.  And yes, that can lead to people fighting over the controls.

They have it on the blackfoot, pilot can lock controls from the gunner but the gunner can take control if the controls are unlocked.

They have it on the blackfoot, pilot can lock controls from the gunner but the gunner can take control if the controls are unlocked.

He is most likely referring to IRL. Locking out controls in a real aircraft would be a bad idea. It just comes down to "IP is going to take controls now" and the LP lets go.  Simple as that. 

Well either way, it will be done well so there is no reason to worry about how it will be accomplished, just that it will be.