speaking about online models, did you guys checked that his models(i cant do it so im asking) don’t come from sketchup cause a lot of mods i used in the past on other games use sketchup models and no one had any issue yet (http://www.moddb.com/mods/modern-wars). i know for a fact that sketchup models are free and somewhere in the tos of sketchup is mentioned that they are shareware or something, meaning basically that you can do what you want with them as long as you don’t sell them for cash. using them in FREE game mods is probably what their creators wish for since they know or should know that others on sketchup community can (and already did) reuse their models and enhance it then release it on their account. 

if his models are not from sketchup, then its another story, since its a known fact that a FREE 3ds model from any online 3dmodel download site is 99% ripped from a aaa game, some sites even have the guts to tell that in the description (i saw a lot of cod, bf, hawx rips) they look too good to be free and if you download a few and open them in o2 or other 3d software(i did to test my claim) you can see that they are ripped cause the vertices(and the origins) are not symmetric, they are always off by a 0.001-0.005 units from 1 side to another or way off from the xyz origin, which is impossible if you do it in any 3d software.

As stated before, yes, we have searched and have found all his models on 3d model sharing sites. While these sites have their own TOS, modelers also have their own TOS, as well the original games having their own TOS, and it is because of that that those type of websites are legally impossible to use due to the possibility of using stolen content. Another thing that you have to remember is that there is no way in hell some 17 y.o. kid can put out AAA models in 4 hours. Just saying.

As stated before, yes, we have searched and have found all his models on 3d model sharing sites. While these sites have their own TOS, modelers also have their own TOS, as well the original games having their own TOS, and it is because of that that those type of websites are legally impossible to use due to the possibility of using stolen content. Another thing that you have to remember is that there is no way in hell some 17 y.o. kid can put out AAA models in 4 hours. Just saying.

so he didn’t use sketchup models. ok, in that case its good you didn’t tarnish the arma modding community without knowing, because of someone ego to be the best too soon(17 yo). beside, that site that show up in google first has even arma 2 ripped models exported from o2 in 3ds!!! http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/stryker-mgs-54569.html http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/9p117-scud-b-20420.html

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/brdm-2-atgm-32519.html(takistani)

sometimes a mistake (there is no way in hell some 17 y.o. kid can put out AAA models in 4 hours)  can save your life.

what im still curious is if for example your team use the sketchup model i provided in my last 2 links(the plane you scrapped)? what are/could be the legal/TOS ramifications around this. should the author be contacted or not, because the moment you post them on sketchup 3dwarehouse its for everyone to use, as long as they don’t sell it? or just components like this: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=27d791fbebd95ba63e1dd33534f3a282 or this  https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u2199222f-6bdc-413f-a52d-f32619eb2516  ?

thanks

we'll never know i guess, maybe he did them in 4 hours(i'm kidding):

Iron-Man-Movie-Prologue-Hologram-1-537x3

what im still curious is if for example your team use the sketchup model i provided in my last 2 links(the plane you scrapped)? what are/could be the legal/TOS ramifications around this. should the author be contacted or not, because the moment you post them on sketchup 3dwarehouse its for everyone to use, as long as they don’t sell it? or just components like this: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=27d791fbebd95ba63e1dd33534f3a282 or this  https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u2199222f-6bdc-413f-a52d-f32619eb2516  ?

Well for starters, we were not going to risk since we found multiple models on multiple sites and each site has their own TOS. Secondly, most of the models were not designed for gaming. They were mostly built it Revit or Inventor, which creates a model topography that is impossible to work with it the faces will break once in-game. Hence why you make a high and low poly, that way you make textures off the high poly and use them on the low poly, and you also tessellate the model using quads. Either way, this is in the past now. 

Also as an FYI, MV-22B, CH-53E, and F/A-18C are in the final stages. Most either need final skins or service menu. After they are released, We will be working on the MH-60S/R and F/A-18D :D

So i see a carrier is being made,will it be controllable,lifts,slings,catch ropes,flight flapps.this would all be really nice

So i see a carrier is being made,will it be controllable,lifts,slings,catch ropes,flight flapps.this would all be really nice

For now, ships will be static, but everything else will work.

For now, ships will be static, but everything else will work.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

:'(

Hoped so badly for driveable battle ships...

Nah, I guess If you guys say they have to be static, there is no way in hell well ever get them moveable in Arma III :( ------> Hoping for Arma IV

• Like 1

Will vehicles like the UH-60 have a service menu? To change the door mounted gun from a Minigun to maybe a 240 or M2?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

:'(

Hoped so badly for driveable battle ships...

Nah, I guess If you guys say they have to be static, there is no way in hell well ever get them moveable in Arma III :( ------> Hoping for Arma IV

This was announced like weeks ago lol. It's doable, but theres a physics issue when the ship waddles down after going up that creates lag that may force you through the deck, not to mention you moving+ship moving=no bueno lol

All the missile and logistic systems will work tho :p

Will vehicles like the UH-60 have a service menu? To change the door mounted gun from a Minigun to maybe a 240 or M2?

All aircraft will have service menus to change skins, decals, numbers, and weapon options. Also UH-60 is army :)

a workaround for the vehicles sliding,there could be a fix down option that holds them down like putting them down through a crate,all moving equipment could be fixed down and youd only be able to use some features while stationary.Also please add a tale hook to be compatible with the Uss Nimitz Mod.

a workaround for the vehicles sliding,there could be a fix down option that holds them down like putting them down through a crate,all moving equipment could be fixed down and youd only be able to use some features while stationary.Also please add a tale hook to be compatible with the Uss Nimitz Mod.

Vehicles are not an issue. The Issue is players. Players will lag down, probably through the deck when the ship rebounds after hitting a wave or something. It's already a big enough challenge making sure you will not be bale to glitch though walls/stairs lol

• Like 1

It's called NAVAL warfare pack for a reason. They would have no purpose for more than half of the fixed wing aircraft if there was no tail hooks.

Still dying to see another one of these planes on my deck for my unit. Now I've got ants in my pants for them.

:D

• Like 1

It's called NAVAL warfare pack for a reason. They would have no purpose for more than half of the fixed wing aircraft if there was no tail hooks.

Still dying to see another one of these planes on my deck for my unit. Now I've got ants in my pants for them.

:D

But so its COMPATIBLE with the addon.

Vehicles are not an issue. The Issue is players. Players will lag down, probably through the deck when the ship rebounds after hitting a wave or something. It's already a big enough challenge making sure you will not be bale to glitch though walls/stairs lol

Maybe you could have seats,its sounds weird i know but in my mil-sim i run the royal engineers section and we are mostly stable,maybe like a secondary dev branch for that BUT keep up the good work

Will the Jayhawks be using the US Coast Guard Livery? 

Are you U.S. Coast Guard? Just wondering.....

I am so frickin' ready for the MH-53's to come forth I can hardly be near myself for how annoyingly excited I am for them!!! Best Christmas ever!! Um...I know it isn't Christmas, but there was a station playing Christmas music today, I wish I were kidding but I'm not......

Just to answer a few questions....again:

• Every aircraft with a tail hook will be compatible with the current and future Nimitz carrier(s).

The SH-60's were upgraded into the MH-60S and MH-60R, and those are the only variants we're making(including the MT-60 of course). No point in making 8 aircraft when two fill the roles of them since we pour about 100-400 hours per aircraft. The USN does not use any SH-60 model anymore btw. All ships deployed ATM have MH-60S's and MH-60R's on them.

Maybe you could have seats,its sounds weird i know but in my mil-sim i run the royal engineers section and we are mostly stable,maybe like a secondary dev branch for that BUT keep up the good work

....I dont think you get the idea behind moving ships and why theyre an issue for the player.....

MH-60R is the more modernized variant of this aircraft. Fills the same role.

It sucks getting old. They keep changing everything on me.

All aircraft will have service menus to change skins, decals, numbers, and weapon options. Also UH-60 is army  :)

Also the UAV ?

All aircraft will have service menus to change skins, decals, numbers, and weapon options. Also UH-60 is army  :)

Also the UAV ?

No

Will the Jayhawlk will have a US coast guard livery and not the weird Navy livery by default....that sorta looks like a London overground train

http://bobqat.com/AeroBob/American_Heroes/MH-60S__166317__NAS_Whidbey_SAR__FW__BFI__6-10-06__38.jpg

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/resources/images/3893303.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

Okay but the x47b is a uav who have a tailhook in irl 

Uh...yeah?

Will the Jayhawlk will have a US coast guard livery and not the weird Navy livery by default....that sorta looks like a London overground train

http://bobqat.com/AeroBob/American_Heroes/MH-60S__166317__NAS_Whidbey_SAR__FW__BFI__6-10-06__38.jpg

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/resources/images/3893303.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

It will have the Coast Guard one since it is more widely used by the USCG.

• Like 1

Just to answer a few questions....again:

• Every aircraft with a tail hook will be compatible with the current and future Nimitz carrier(s).

The SH-60's were upgraded into the MH-60S and MH-60R, and those are the only variants we're making(including the MT-60 of course). No point in making 8 aircraft when two fill the roles of them since we pour about 100-400 hours per aircraft. The USN does not use any SH-60 model anymore btw. All ships deployed ATM have MH-60S's and MH-60R's on them.

Believe it or not, there's still one SH-60B left, sitting forlorn in a hangar right now, still in one piece, but waiting to be struck.  The other two that were deployed until June are now torn apart and left on the line to be carted off.  So sad.

Regardless, any plans on what the -60R will actually do in-game?  Seems like a SUW configuration is really all that would work within the game, since ASW isn't really a thing.

That's not a Jayhawk and it's not a Coast Guard helo.  That's a Navy Station SAR helicopter.  It's a Block 1 MH-60S with hi-viz panels.  There's several station SAR bases in the U.S. that are manned by the Navy (Fallon, Lemoore, Whidbey, Key West).

• Like 1

Believe it or not, there's still one SH-60B left, sitting forlorn in a hangar right now, still in one piece, but waiting to be struck.  The other two that were deployed until June are now torn apart and left on the line to be carted off.  So sad.

Regardless, any plans on what the -60R will actually do in-game?  Seems like a SUW configuration is really all that would work within the game, since ASW isn't really a thing.

Oh i know, but they're getting phased out/upgraded out. Kinda sucks but my buddy who's an Air Intercept Controller said the MH-60R/S are vastly superior.

We're making both MH-60R and MH-60S. They will have every weapon livery they have IRL, hence why it's taking so long to make lol.