Sign in to follow this  
rcmw

Problems with the Arma 3 high commander module

I'm having some problems with the Arma 3 high commander module. I used the one in Arma 2 to good effect a lot of the time but in Arma 3 I have noticed a few problems.

The main one is that if you have engaged high commander mode with ctrl – space you can no longer use radio or support options. They are blank, switching out of high commander mode and you can once again use them.

Is this just an awful bug or a feature I'm missing? Can anyone suggest a way I can have support options with the high commander module still operating? I've tried supports and radio options but they both vanish, starting to think the action menu is the only way to do it.

Thanks

The main one is that if you have engaged high commander mode with ctrl – space you can no longer use radio or support options. They are blank, switching out of high commander mode and you can once again use them.
Depends which menu you go through..

If you use Navigate Menu (configure - controls - common - Navigate Menu) (the F1-F10) menu then supports are not available in HC.

If you use the Commanding Mode (configure - controls - command - Commanding Mode ) then supports are available.

What do you mean by use radio? For me radio triggers are available from Navigate Menu in High Command. ( Navigate Menu - F10 (Reply) - F9 (Radio) )

Maybe not ideal but they are there, maybe worth a ticket on the feedback tracker

Nope Radio triggers and supports from the support module don't show up for me if you have high commander active. They are still there if the module is sinced and you don't have the high commander up, but vanish if you press ctrl - space. The menus are still there but just no supports or radio triggers listed.

Was planning on making a number of missions maybe a campaign around the high commander module, a kinda first person strategy game. But I have been stuck with this problem for some time, the support are vital to this and having them vanish all the time is a problem. It could work with the player having to switch into and out of high commander all the time but that's too clunky to make a good mission.

Was thinking of adding a support interface to the action menu as a last resort but have only played around with creating them before and its a lot of work for a worse way to control your supports.

Edit : I found them in the Commanding mode, never really used that mode before and having to switch to it is almost as bad as not having them work at all. It would also be very confusing for most players since there is still a support section in the Navigate Menu, it just becomes blank. I take it there is no way to add them to the Navigate Menu then? Been trying but radio triggers are also still not showing up.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

OK I may have found the problem with the radio triggers. When you open the menu in high commander, it lists

1 : SITREP (greyed out)

8 : Support (thats blank if selected)

9 : Custom

9 : Radio

Yep two options on the 9 key. If I select it with the mouse wheel it works! But if you press the 9 key, you select Custom commands not Radio and that one is blank.

Its certainly a bug so ill put in a ticket. (unless its already been fixed?)

Now to fix this in the mission I have to disable Custom, or add my support scripts to that? Any idea how to do that?

Edited by RCMW

Heres a little fix to keep the HC supports menu insync with the support menu.

_updateHCCommMenu = [] spawn {
while { true } do {
	BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication = BIS_fnc_addCommMenuItem_menu;
	waitUntil { !( BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication isEqualTo BIS_fnc_addCommMenuItem_menu) };
};
};

EDIT:

I have also found the problem with the menu displaying two F9 menu shortcuts and have added feedback on the tracker. I have also mentioned the problem with supports being unavailable in HC mode. UPVOTE

Edited by Larrow

Thank you Larrow! That small script fixes the main problem I had, I can work with it from that, and thank you for adding it to the feed back tracker.

Going to finish up creating and adding a support framework now, see if it works with some custom supports.

I may start another thread about possible high commander missions for people to throw ideas around in.