Sign in to follow this  
joostsidy

Mod for infantry weapons showing in cargo?

I'm wondering if there is a possiblity of showing the infantry's personal weapons while they are in cargo.

I'm also wondering what the reason is that they don't show. Is it performance issue or the fact that long weapons (sniper rifles) might clip with vehicle? At least in OFP weapons were shown.

The offroad passenger seat still has weapon shown at it looks great. The FFV obviously have weapons shown and it looks very good as well.

My guess is that the animation states of the cargo have a boolean like showWeapon turned off. I hope there is a mod that can turn this on or someone would like to make this or maybe I'll make a feedback tracker ticket request.

I'm also wondering what the reason is that they don't show

Animations have to be set up for it otherwise the weapon will float somewhere next to them. Therefore just setting the show weapon value to 1 wont do it.

The passenger position in the offroad (next to driver) has a proper sitting position with weapon. Sitting in chair animations also have toggle on/off weapons showing properly. Are these sitting animations not (almost) the same as the sitting in cargo animations? I suspect the weapon animations already exist for the cargo sitting positions. If they don't, that could be a reason why it's not implemented.

Like I suspected! Thanks Prof. Unfortunately I don't know anything about modding, is this changable in any way?