Sign in to follow this  
thefinn

Support Module/Requester not working in MP

I have cut this mission down to just a plain support requester and virtual supply drop provider, the support doesn't appear in MP, but will if I preview the mission.

I know I can synch them up via script and it'll work, but synching in the editor doesn't seem to ?!

I have both an OPFOR and BLUFOR team in this map, should that effect it?

Suggestions? Did I miss something here?

it works for me. whats in the supply drop? arsenal or vas?

this is how i have arsenal in ammo box

AmmoboxInit",[_this,true]] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

Just a plain supply drop. It is honestly as vanilla as you can have it.

I'll have a look at the scripts in the mission, I've obviously' f'd something up.

Like I said tho, it works fine in SP, and there's nothing different in MP usually.

Edited by thefinn

I know man, that's my thread ;)

This is an issue whereby - that stuff isn't working suddenly. I'm going to create a completely new mission file for the map, perhaps I just corrupted it or something ?

I'll worry about it tomorrow when I can reload the server with no mods and a new config.

So i apologize in advance, but as this thread appears to be resolved I'm regretfully going to hijack it.

Been working on a problem for the better part of a month, and finally broke down and created an account only to find out i cant post a new thread, i do sincerely apologize. If anyone would be so kind as to help, i would greatly appreciate it.

I feel I have a fair grasp on scripting, but adding/editing a cfgweapons file for use in a mission seems to elude me. I'm attempting to replace the sound of LMG_Minigun_transport with the sound of the 30mm gatling on the kajman. I have the following script written though i've been fumbling about trying to get it to work to no avail.

This is now sitting at the bottom of my description.ext in my xxxxx.stratis.pbo

class cfgWeapons {

class LMG_Minigun_Transport; // External class reference

class LMG_Obie : LMG_Minigun_Transport {

displayName = "Obie";

dfyre_soundeffect = "DragonFyre_Effect_DF_WH_AIR";

};

};

However. its searching that file for LMG_Minigun_Transport inside of the mission config instead of the base directory, which i thought it would. I'm not sure how to point it there, though I've been attempting #include functions, i admit i am out of my depth.

The end result would ideally be using "unit addWeaponGlobal "LMG_Obie";" and adding a lmg to a vehicle, which functions exactly as it should except changing the sound, or changing the ballistics of the 30mm gatling to that of a minigun while retaining its sound.

Again, apologies for hijacking a thread. I attempted PMing several people as well as extensive google searching before i succumbed to this.

Edited by SirSmushy

Support module is only for SP. Use MP Support instead :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/...port_Guideline

They are different things to what thefinn is trying to use. TBO these should of been named different by BI to save confusion. Ones a system to call in support and the others a system to play as a support provider. Different sides of the same coin.

I just quickly set up two players one opfor the other blufor, gave them both their own supply requestor and virtual drop provider. Ran up a dedicated server and joined with two clients and both supports where available and working correctly? What else are you doing differently for a basic test?

@SirSmushy you can not do that via scripting/mission editing, you need to create an addon to do some of what your describing, like creating a new weapon class. See the other forum ( ARMA 3 - ADDONS - Configs & Scripting ) or maybe a mod can move your post there for you.