Sign in to follow this  
Baconeo

Limit mods users can run without signing server?

Hey guys, so some members of the community that I run/manage the server for run additional mods such as Blastcore and JSRS which are known offenders for poor server performance. I would like a way to either call these players out on the chat so I can kick them until they change their modline or have this done automatically. However the kicker is I can't sign the server as a few of the mods we run have had to pbo's edited by myself as mod authors have gone afk with errors that have meant we can't use them but I have fixed the config without the source files. So is there a way I can do this without signing the server? I am imagining something could be put in the player init that calls them out? Appreciate any help!

I can't sign them as the fixes I applied were to the original pbo's source files (it's config) so I can't generate new signatures. The mods aren't maintained by the owner and have not replied to my PM asking for the source files but at the same time we wanted the mod in our community.

There is no technical reason why you cannot resign any addon, whether that be an unmodified orignal version addon, one you have edited or one you have made.

Infact if you have modified the original addon, you absolutely should resign it with your own key and possibly rename it slightly so that everyone knows it is not the original

Once resigned simply delete the orginal bisigns that came with the addon and replace with your own and host them on your private download repo for your community useage.

Edited by Terox

There is no technical reason why you cannot resign any addon, whether that be an unmodified orignal version addon, one you have edited or one you have made.

Infact if you have modified the original addon, you absolutely should resign it with your own key and possibly rename it slightly so that everyone knows it is not the original

Once resigned simply delete the orginal bisigns that came with the addon and replace with your own and host them on your private download repo for your community useage.

Oh well that is strange as it would not let me resign them? Maybe I need to try again in that case.