spanishsurfer

BIS, any work being done on Voice Over Network?

I'm quite sure that the 'most problematic' bug still remains

but we narrowed it down to specific 'huge' list of changes and slowly tracking to the exact one ...

• Like 3

excuse me if i'm ignorant (can't check right now) and it's already possible, but would it be possible to add buttons (or whatever) for players on the map to disable channels locally to basically mute channels on their side? my intend would not be to be a loner or something but i just thought it would be convenient, if you find a nice server that has people being annoying on side channel or something. i know you can mute individual players but that can be quite tedious with a lot of people on the server.

just a random idea.

bb, let's say I can't promise anything but we try ;) as I said the VON/VON-UI related improvements are wip

• Like 4

Well if this is not a priority, take out of the game and let the text chat only in there.

Fix the damn memory leaks first it is getting worse and worse.

every update you have it getting worse.

a lot of people getting sick and tired of it and looking for other games to play.

'

Tried the new audio codec. The VON seems to be much much better. Looking forward to further improvements to VON. Thanks for your hard work.

• Like 1

• Fixed: The Voice-Over-Net technology was stuttering on the Global and Side channels

Is this it?  :D Actually it is/was stuttering when many players received it (as far as I know), so it could be even stuttering in a bigger group or even in direct, but yeah, mostly in Global/Side.

do not say hop until it's confirmed as fixed with 150 players screaming in global

• Like 2

do not say hop until it's confirmed as fixed with 150 players screaming in global

Wahhhhhh. So it's possible that I don't need to ask someone not to use it because it's broke.. Now how the hell am I gonna know what stuttering kid is banging my moms.

General consensus is that the new codec indeed performs better but it's still chops on occasion. Any talk at BIS about perhaps including an "advanced" VON mode that can simulate somewhat realistic radio comms?