Sign in to follow this  
chronicsilence

Improving PiP Framerate/resolution

Just a quick question for you guys. I'm running on a very powerful computer, and the game runs great at Ultra settings. Ok. Now, I have several PiP views up at once (4), and each one shows the view from a camera I attached to a UAV. My question is, does anyone know of any methods for improving the framerate and/or resolution of the PiP displays? I cranked the "PiP" video setting up to Ultra, but didn't notice much of a difference. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

PiP runs like crap (it murders FPS, even then it runs at a junky framerate and the resolution is that of minecraft), and its implementation in general, from my experience, is also crap. In simple terms, the answer to your question is no. there is no way to really do anything with PiP beyond spawning a camera and streaming it to a screen, nothing more.

^^ This. Yeah you can "film" stuff with PIP but it looks like PS1 graphics all day long.

A thing that I don't understand is, it sometimes runs smooth and at another time it runs with 5 fps.

A thing that I don't understand is, it sometimes runs smooth and at another time it runs with 5 fps.

It probably has something to do with scene complexity, how much stuff does it need to draw, its sort of like drawing the player camera twice (its very inefficient and will murder your FPS), only the image is from a camera that is facing a different direction than the player, and its also squished into a specific space on the screen.