grip

SFP: Wamako Standalone

The Swedish Forces Pack proudly presents Wamako Standalone.

Since we believe that over islands don't get the attention they should and that some might not find all the content that is there we have decided to release a standalone version of Wamako. It was originally meant only to be used internally to figure out how to work with arma3. But have since then got a life of it own and some major updates. It is however far from finished but could still offer some nice scenarios in its current form. Don't expect updates to come regularly for this island since its only a side project when we need some thing different to work on.

wamako_galten.jpg

What is Wamako
Wamako is a fictional African island with a mix of lush forests and arid bush land. The indigenous Orebro tribesmen have inhabited the island for at least 1000 years living in harmony with nature and there huts could still be found all over the island. During the early medieval Arabic tradesmen found the island and the Islamic influence could still be seen in Bakunga and many other east coast towns. They also left a religious legacy with a large portion of the islands inhabitants being Muslim's today. In 1868 French troops occupied the island and made it into a colony. The following 100 years the island was used as a naval refuelling station for the French navy. Fort Laurent and Fort Chambly was built by the foreign legion 1879 to be used as training facilities before posting to more hostile colonies. In modern times the island have hade its share of conflicts as most other African countries it was cough up in the cold war. And civil war have been raging more or less since independence in 1971. Because of this almost no major infrastructure exists on the island with the exception of the Kuban build harbour on the southern part of the island.
wamako_small_city.jpg

What to do on Wamako
Its strongly recommended that you visit the old town in Bakunga with its narrow streets and medieval buildings. Here you find the pirate princes castle with its high towers and imposing breastworks over the harbour. In the eastern part of the old town you find the amphitheatre and the ruins of the grand councils meeting hall. In the new town a visit to the blue mosque and the liberation square with its statue of the soldiers of the revolution. Angenteuil was the main city during the French times and the European influence is quite visible on the town. Here you also find College Wamako the only place of higher learning on the island. From here its also close to get to Fort Lourant & Fort Chambly both is open for the public. The island also has great natural assets in oil and natural gas and the large new harbour on the southeaster coast. The construction of a pipeline from the oilfields in the interior of the island have started and will be completed shortly if no major crisis erupt. For those that is more in to a natural experience there is countless miles of dirt tracks all over the island that connects the far out farms and Orebro tribal villages with the major towns.

wamako_small_oldtown.jpg

New Features
Since the last SFP islands release Wamako have got 20+ indigenous villages. The towns of Berthoumarie and Tutaomi have got a mayor overhaul.
A major deep sea port have been added and numerous other small changes for the explorers out there to find.

Changelog: 0.1.0
no longer dependet on other addons.
Rock rmoved from the road in Berthoumarie
Missing vehicle classes casuing an error in the editor is adjusted.

And some new areas for you all to discover...

Changelog: 0.1.1

Changed some of the Slums to a new denser type with lots of small Alleys.

And as Always some new areas for you all to discover.

Changed requirment to Community Upgrade Project - Terrains Complete.

Credits
granQ = Inventor of Wamako
Grip = The blue-collar working man of SFP island building
Subroc = Creator of the Wamakoan factions(not included)
Bad Benson = Midrange texture update
Anrop.se = Countless hours of gaming

Download:

http://sfp.granq.se/files/@sfp_wamako_011.zip

Requires:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30045

Optional:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152536-Swedish-Forces-Pack&highlight=sfp+arma3
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185717-SFP-Aggressors

wamako_small_backyard.jpg

Edited by grip
  • Like 2

Looks brilliant! Have to check it out now :) Alleys and shop-stands and stuff is awesome, can't have a town without it!

Edited by Oksman

I love this screenshot

wamako_small_oldtown.jpg

Of course I'm gonna try your map.

Contratz!

• Like 1

yeah, the effective area should be 8x8ish maybe slightly lower, the map is 10x10 but with some water around.

So does this mean that SFP_Islands (with Sturkö) is no more?

Edited by johan614

What's with the trees, rocks, bushes on the roads? Especially the road on 146117 (along Bakunga hill)...is this some sick joke? XD

Kind regards,

Sanchez

After a quick consultation with local people, I am of the opinion that you have encountered the famous Wamakoan wandering trees.

To be a little more serious as it depends on how the roads are created on the island. Sometimes the result is not the one expected and some displacement occurs. In this case the road should be about 5m further south at this point. This could be seen by zooming in on the in game map close enough so you could see the texture. It is also visible where the two gravel roads connecting to the main road.

But please continue to report them and I will fix them as soon as possible.

Johan614

This was done for two reasons. In order to make Wamako visible since it is otherwise quite invisible where it lies in SFP. And to make it easier to update the different parts of the mod. We will continue to work on the islands that is included I SFP even if Sturkö will get less attention than the other two ;)

Edited by Grip

Wamakoan wandering trees you say, hmm.....I advise to lower the LoTR dosage that is given to the local population...And additionally I will report any further sightings of this phenomenon to the local justice department.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Reinstalling AIA TP just to try this xD

Looking forward to using it with CUP_Terrains.

Nice work! I'll be reporting any bugs I find as well.

PS: Good idea to make it seperate, but using the term "standalone" might make people think it requires no Addons, so maybe you should just make it say that it requires a3mp or aia tp etc in some nice bold text and not just links, so people can notice it better.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Grip , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New version out now! (first post updated also)

Changelog:
Intro no longer dependet on other addons.
Rock rmoved from the road in Berthoumarie
Missing vehicle classes casuing an error in the editor is adjusted.

And some new areas for you all to discover...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40357100/%40sfp_wamako_010.zip

Grip have made a lot of work on Wamako on the slum areas, So its been updated, already on PWS and we changed the requirement to CUP rather than allinarma.

So version 0.1.1 is out on PWS, but I will get Grip to update first post  :)

Link for it..

http://sfp.granq.se/files/@sfp_wamako_011.zip

• Like 1

Just now finding this map.  I love the dense cities and the "fortress". 

Just now finding this map.  I love the dense cities and the "fortress". 

glad to hear, Wamako started out just as a test project. To learn how to get an island ingame, how make roads works.. then when Grip started to make real cities Wamako became what it is today.

So.. work will for sure continue on Wamako but whats more, I decided to add two additional islands on the same map.

new_map.jpg

Northern Island

In the north its a mountains region with a lot of dense forest (will be jungle once the expansion is released).

It features a small harbour and a military base higher up on the island,  with space for choppers and barracks the idea is to use this as a forward base to launch missions from. 

wam_north.jpg

On the road to the army base

Southern Island

This island contains a major airport, with two runways. It will also work as the northern island that it will be a great island to launch the "invasion" from.

Due to its size almost being the size of Stratis, I will in the future add more than just a runway. Small cities, perhaps an installation and so on. This should make the southern island interesting to also have missions on.

wam_south.jpg

View from the capital Bakunga and the new island that have appeared.  Also note that cities now have road signs and that the roads are darker with yellow lines to better fit into an African theme.

• Like 3

Looks great, man! Can't wait for an update - the dense cities are shaping up nicely :)

Almost a year later and sadly not much progress but Apex removed some objects from ArmA3  causing "missing object" on Wamako so it was time for a new release.

Also we added support for steam workshop. 

New version 0.1.2:

http://sfp.granq.se/files/@sfp_wamako_012.zip

I will try get hold of Grip to update the first post.

EDIT. Thank you ombron :)

Also, don't forget to subscribe on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850767937

• Like 5

One of my favorite island .

Thanks for the update .

the dowloadlink is not correct .
the downloadlinks is sfp.granq.se/files/@sfp_wamako_012.zip.

• Like 1

like this island. thnx.  Found a couple of lamp posts/streetlights in the air, and a concrete pipe section in the air, at the Research center.

• Like 1