Yazp

ARMA 3 Launcher does not Launch.

Hello all,

A few days ago my ARMA 3 launcher stopped working.

I have all of the prerequisites for it,

I removed everything to do with ARMA 3 in "My Documents",

I Deleted "Launcherconfig" in the ARMA 3 directory.

I even re-installed ARMA 3, but with no avail.

According to steam, When I launch ARMA 3, It says for a few seconds that I am In-game then returns back to the Online status without any error messages. I can run ARMA 3 vanilla using ARMA3.exe, but no Workshop mods...

You guys have any ideas?,

Thanks...

There's no error mesage in eventlog? Did you verifiy the gamedata? Try running the launcher as an administrator.

There's no error mesage in eventlog? Did you verifiy the gamedata? Try running the launcher as an administrator.

Thanks for trying to help,

But no error message at all, It's almost as if it keeps closing itself. I tried both verifying the gamedata and running both Steam and ARMA 3 launcher as Administrator.

Does this happen when you start the steamclient first?

I have this exact same problem, and this was just when I got accepted to Arma 3 Life, im dying for a fix :smash:

Is it possible that theres a way for the mods to load even just through the Arma3.exe?

Edited by Dysert

I also have the exact same issue. open up the launcher in Steam it says 'preparing to launch arma' then closes, tried the .exe and nothing.

Does this happen when you start the steamclient first?

When I run the launcher outside of the steam client, nothing at all happens.

When I run ARMA3 from the Steam client, my status changes to "In-game ARMA3" for about 2-3 seconds after which it turns back to online.

---------- Post added at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

I have this exact same problem, and this was just when I got accepted to Arma 3 Life, im dying for a fix :smash:

Is it possible that theres a way for the mods to load even just through the Arma3.exe?

You could try to put the .pbo files of the mod into the ARMA 3 directory's "Addons" folder with the rest of the stock games pbos.

It should load since when I test my mods, I just drag my pbos into the Addons then delete them once I'm done.

It's really irritating to not be able able to use the Launcher and all those Workshop mods I downloaded :mad_o:

When I run the launcher outside of the steam client, nothing at all happens.

When I run ARMA3 from the Steam client, my status changes to "In-game ARMA3" for about 2-3 seconds after which it turns back to online.

---------- Post added at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

You could try to put the .pbo files of the mod into the ARMA 3 directory's "Addons" folder with the rest of the stock games pbos.

It should load since when I test my mods, I just drag my pbos into the Addons then delete them once I'm done.

It's really irritating to not be able able to use the Launcher and all those Workshop mods I downloaded :mad_o:

Yeah this seems to work, hopefully theres a fix for the launcher soon.

Hello,

you have most likely corrupted Launcher's user settings. We have a temporary hotfix that will remove corrupted user configuration, an automatic repair will be re-enabled in the next patch 1.48.

You can download the hotfix as a part of the Arma 3 Tools Dev-Branch (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179347-Tools-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2953476&viewfull=1#post2953476) or directly from the mirror: http://arma.jiripolasek.com/files/CorruptedUserSettingsHotfix.zip or manually open folder "%localappdata%\Bohemia_Interactive" and delete all folders with name starting with arma3launcher.exe_

Thanks! It fixed it for me!

Hello

this seem to be an old post, but i have that same issue.

I did remove arma3, no fix, i removed steam, no fix.

i deleted the appdata local file .... no fix

then, each time i have to go with arma3.exe, but then BE is not loading .... and it's not fun

please help me 

thanks

launcher is showing lunching game beside arma3 name, then Synchronisation and then nothing :(

i also have the same problem. please help me ): i would like to add that i also had the WSlauncher installed to play wasteland and koth, which when launcher, would indicate that i am in-game on steam. i uninstalled the wslauncher to see if it was causing the official A3 launcher to not work but i did not fix anything, 

It appears im experiencing this bug as well. Used the hotfix, but it doesnt seem to work. Upon running it again it says no files are found, which is correct as the appdata map has been deleted. Any other suggestions?

It appears im experiencing this bug as well. Used the hotfix, but it doesnt seem to work. Upon running it again it says no files are found, which is correct as the appdata map has been deleted. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried running Steam as administrator?

Have you tried running Steam as administrator?

No it had nothing to do with administrative rights. Turns out it was .net framework related. Installing the latest version fixed the problem.

I am having a problem with my launcher, I see that I have Microsoft C++ installed but no net framework. Should I install the net framework?

I am having a problem with my launcher, I see that I have Microsoft C++ installed but no net framework. Should I install the net framework?

Well no harm in trying, it worked for me.

Holy shit ive just fixed it after weeks of agony. Turns out there was a windows firewall thing running, just closed everything that had to do with windows firewall in my task manager and it worked! Cant belive this took me that long, can finally play this game again lol....

I'm having a problem with launcher not coming up but no error code. Any advice would be appreciated.