Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

MCC4 Mission SQM Save

Hello everyone I have looked at the forums and even the STEAM forums for answers to this but all the info I got was either outdated by years or was not helpful to my situation. i have just spent over 20 hours of work on Helvantis getting 3D objects accurately placed as trying to do this in the 2D editor is practically impossible.; also why the BI devs refuse to give us a fully functional 3D editor that works seamlessly with the 2D editor is beyond me (15+ years of development on the VBS engine and nothing here, really?). Anyway, I have been using the latest update from MCC4 (as of this posting), I have saved my objects and copied to clipboard, however when I go to paste the info into the mission.sqm file by using notepad ++ it screws the format up entirely. Is there something I am missing here, perhaps a better SQM editor (I do have eliteness)? Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

theres a button in menu of mcc ( I haven't used it for a while but) I think you click save to sqm or copy to sqm, ... its something very simple but easy to miss , I say don't exit out of mcc and just test all options ..

I have saved the Mission SQM as Save All, plus I copied to clipboard and saved to a profile for future editing as needed. In regards to saving as Mission SQM, where does MCC4 save to?

It should save to your clipboard. Then you can paste it into a mission.sqm.

However I also encountered your problem.

Its saved for me to copy/paste, but like you also said it pastes in 1 continuous line while in Notepad ++, this causes CATASTROPHIC errors that close ArmA 3.

Never encountered this error in all the times I've used MCC for that exact purpose, make sure you save it to your profile for now so that your object placements will still be saved (i.e. you can close ARMA and try again later or something). I can at least console you with the fact that a 3D editor from BI is on its way, at some point.

Figured it out, it was user error like I figured, what happened was I copied the code in the box at the top (MCC code) and tried to paste that instead of just using the code copy all button at the bottom which makes it paste correctly in notepad ++.