Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

Plane & vehicle control stuck on freelook w/without mods

Hey guys,

Have a minor issue, only in planes and vehicles my freelook (bound to 2num) is stuck, idk what happened,

but I was playing yesterday and everything is fine.

What i have done:

• Set all my controls to default, resetup all my keys, - (nothing changed)
  • Verified integrity of cache (nothing changed)
  • Was using fraps when i started the game but closed it, turned off all other programs - (nothing changed)
  • Dont have any other keys set for looking around other then mouse controls for looking around
  • Restarted the game - (nothing changed)
  • Ran with and without mods - (nothing changed)
  • Restarted my computer - (nothing changed)

Infantry controls are fine, freelook works as it should, but when i am flying in a plane i can bank left and right, increase/decrease thrust,

and I move the plane via mouse, but again my freelook is stuck so i cannot control the plane now, as i fly the plane using my arrow keys for thrust and

decrease thrust, and the mouse movements to move left right, up and down.

Vehicles are the same way for me, I press my keyboard arrow up to go forward, and down to stop, go reverse, right and left arrow keys to go left or right.

But again when im in the driver seat i can use the arrow keys to turn and what not, so driving on ground is fine as i use freelook anyways if I go 3rd, so its no biggie here.

Flying on the other hand is basically useless now, I'll use freelook if im in the air for a brief moment to look around or see the result of a dropped bomb,

but for flying in general its off, as i use the mouse to raise/lower the nose, and move the mouse left or right to turn or bank the plane.

I looked at other threads about same issue and they didn't help, one of the answers was double tap the left alt which by default is freelook bound as toggle,

but I have my numpad key 2num bound to freelook, and the left alt empty, even the key for look is unbound.

I'm out of ideas, I ran into this before but it was maybe last year or further back but idk what fixed it.

And again I was playing fine yesterday although i was doing infantry, no flying, so.. idk

Any ideas?

I too have this issue from time to time. I have seen this in Arma 2 and Iron Front.

It seems that freelook can get stuck "ON".

My solution is to press freelook and it solves it.

It took me 2 years to find the solution!.

Lol ya I pressed freelook many times and nothing happened this is in vanilla Arma3, with IFA3, ect,. nothing.................... works!

Its arma3 bug.

Solution:enter vehicle as passe ger seat then go back to driver.

If you in plane, land it, enter some car as passenger then return as pilot.

Confirm fix if it works

Just a suggestion:- Is there a setting in C://**your pc**/Documents/Arma 3/Arma3.cfg file that is blocking the bind keys for the action?

'Freelook' isn't one of the configs that are in this file, but the binding or the action might be affected by one of the other settings in the file?

Don't You mean a case of this?

Btw, as far as I remember, there was a setting that was forcing mouse freelook in helicopters, but it was in beta times, dunno if its still there.

Thanks for the ideas, and possible solutions and help guys, but I ran into the issue through seeing a code in the Arma3profile, which gave me the idea to check in the options.

So I looked under options/game and vehicle freelook was enabled, I disabled it and I was able to steer the vehicles,choppers, and planes again, my freelook button is setup

already and with this vehicle freelook disabled I can freelook when I press the button i set and turn it off, so my problem is solved!!!

Thanks again for the possible solutions, I did try them and they helped me get a better insight of what could be the issue.

Hoepfully this will provide some help to those with similar issue.