It's working for me for 2-3 days. A Visual Studio Code update probably fixed it.

Yea, the last updates were fixing and breaking stuff at the same time ^^ I hope it stays like this so that I don't must adjust the code every time ;)

A bug where content of strings and comments is being suggested is also back with last VS Code updates :/ must look into another way to fix it. But no worries, I'm still working on this project ;)

• Like 1

I just dowload this from market and I'll test it. First feeling - I like it ;)

New version released :) you can update / reinstall the extension directly via the VS Code extension installer :)

Big thanks to https://github.com/ryanwoodcox for his help.

• Added support for multilinear strings
  • Round braces will no longer break function highlighters
  • Added a new color theme with special support for the SQF Highlighter
    • After updating to the newest release, press F1 in VS Code and type "Color Theme" in the list you select "[sQF] Dark Theme"

• Added Hightlighting for https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Magic_Variables
  • Like 1

It would be so cool to bring this extension to visual studio(community),and maybe integrating a dialog editor with the built-in form editor. I know this could be really hard to achieve,but it would be a nice improvement.

By the way,awesome extension ! 

This is fantastic. I just got it and am in love already. I have been using notepad++ forever now. This should make things easier. If a command is not recognized do we have to wait for an update or is there a way to update it manually? Sorry I dont know much right now. 

EDIT

NM I found where the plugins are and what doc to modify.

v0.5 is out! You requested, I did - enjoy the new features! 

Remember that everyone is welcome to contribute! We especially need someone to make better/alternative Highlighting templates!

If you're good when it comes to colors you may wanna try to mess a bit with the color hex-codes for the highlighting ;)

v0.5 Case insensitive support, _local & public variables, improved code logic

6265296?v=3&s=40 Armitxes just released this 

• Case insensitive commands [ Issue #7 ]
  • Highlighting (alternative color) for _local, public variables [ Issue #9 ]
  • Added new A3 v1.54 scripting commands
  • Removed highlighting for brackets (not needed, too disturbing)
  • Few marketplace adjustments
  • Improved code logic

Make sure to bring in your ideas and suggestion ! I'll try my best to implement them.

---

If you like the extension, please leave a rating in the marketplace - it helps a lot.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Armitxes.sqf

• Like 2

Remember that everyone is welcome to contribute! We especially need someone to make better/alternative Highlighting templates!

If you're good when it comes to colors you may wanna try to mess a bit with the color hex-codes for the highlighting ;)

v0.5 Case insensitive support, _local & public variables, improved code logic

6265296?v=3&s=40Armitxes just released this

• Case insensitive commands [ Issue #7 ]
  • Highlighting (alternative color) for _local, public variables [ Issue #9 ]
  • Added new A3 v1.54 scripting commands
  • Removed highlighting for brackets (not needed, too disturbing)
  • Few marketplace adjustments
  • Improved code logic

Make sure to bring in your ideas and suggestion ! I'll try my best to implement them.

---

If you like the extension, please leave a rating in the marketplace - it helps a lot.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Armitxes.sqf

Why you removed brackets highlighting? Could you please make it optional ? Or at least explain how can i add mainly that module to the plugin

Too much different highlighting is becoming an annoyance for the eyes.

It's hard to find colors that not hard to read while on the other side prevent the code to look like a rainbow ;)

The dark-grey highlighting of the brackets on the dark background was sometimes very hard to recognize so I've decided to make the brackets white.

But no worries, you can easily get the highlighting for brackets back.

Remember that everyone is welcome to contribute! We especially need someone to make better/alternative Highlighting templates!

To revert that change simply navigate to

%USERPROFILE%\.vscode\extensions\ 

Choose the Armitxes.sqf-x.x.x folder > Themes and edit the "sqf.tmTheme" with any editor.

Now find the following line:

<key>scope</key><string>keyword.operator</string> 

and replace it by

<key>scope</key><string>keyword.operator,meta.brace</string> 

If you got some time you may use that file to make your own highlighting, if you got a good result share it with us :)

• Like 1

May be I used the word "highlightning" instead of another one (sorry, english is not my natural language) but when I put my cursor on a bracket or parenthesis, I should see (with a blink or something like that) the related bracket or parenthesis. This behaviour is gone since a few versions of Visual Code. How can I get it back ?

Thx !

Ah sorry, okay I know what you mean. I've been missing it myself and I don't know why it suddenly stopped working.

Will try to get it back working asap ;) will be back in the next update / hotfix :)

Ah sorry, okay I know what you mean. I've been missing it myself and I don't know why it suddenly stopped working.

Will try to get it back working asap ;) will be back in the next update / hotfix :)

Sorry i was talking (me too) about brackets matching,not highlighting.

Thx a lot !!

And it's done. Along with another minor bug regarding control-statements it got fixed in an just released hotfix.

Check Ctrl+P ">ext update sqf" if VS Code doesn't update by itself.

• Like 1

Just a question to you guys, with the recent VS Code update the SQF Theme broke when it comes to strings and the spawn <fnc> command.

Just wanted to know if its only me as no one reported anything yet ;)

Hey Armitxes, Thanks for creating this! It's wonderfully styled. Helping me greatly make terrains and navigate the maze of terrain upgrades/changes etc.

I would highly recommend this for anyone working with configs! You don't have to be a coder of SQF.

EDIT: Would be awesome if the theme could be extended to .cfg .cpp .rvmat

:)

Hey Armitxes, Thanks for creating this! It's wonderfully styled. Helping me greatly make terrains and navigate the maze of terrain upgrades/changes etc.

I would highly recommend this for anyone working with configs! You don't have to be a coder of SQF.

EDIT: Would be awesome if the theme could be extended to .cfg .cpp .rvmat

:)

Sure, .cpp (or C++) is an own language you may search for a C++ Plugin for such files, there will be no conflicts with mine.

And again I remind everyone that this is an open project for everyone. We could archive much more if more would try themself on contributing as I'm very busy - made it very simple to understand ;)

A short info:

The SQF Themes have been fixed (v0.5.3) for the newest VS Code versions, switching to the [sQF] Dark Theme is recommended.

Once you updated to v0.5.3, simply hit CTRL+P in the editor and enter ">Theme". Choose "[sQF] Dark Theme" and hit enter again.

• Like 1

Totally forgot to announce the last release in here. So I'll do this with the version released just now ;)

Just use the built-in Extension Manager and update "SQF Language"

Btw. We reached over 1000 installations! This is awesome, thank you very much  B)  

v0.5.6 released by 6265296?v=3&s=40 Armitxes

• Fixed "Syntax highlighting broken at some point" for your very large SQF files [ Issue #14 ]
  • Fixed "Boolean values being highlighted as commands" [ Issue #12 ]
  • Fixed an issue with compile, compileFinal, exec, execFSM, execVM & callExtension commands.

v0.5.4 released by 6265296?v=3&s=40 Armitxes

• Added commands of A3: v1.56, v1.58, v 1.60, v1.62 & Dev Branch

Thanks to @jameslkingsley for his contribution

* Don't forget to set the SQF Theme in the Settings