Sign in to follow this  
twakkie

Adding Drag & Carry to BIS Revive

Good day Everyone

We recently started using the BIS revive script. By far the best revive script we have ever used but one thing we found very lacking and that is drag and carry ability. Just not allowing you to move someone out of a firefight to be healed is really a huge problem. Thus I wanted to know if anyone has done the legwork to add drag and carry functionality to BIS revive? Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Regards

Twak

Edit: Just one thing it must be very stable solution. Thats one of the main reasons we are waiting to move to ACE, it is very temperamental currently.

Edited by Twakkie

Problem with this is that people down on BIS revive are officially "dead" and reviving them brings them back to "life".

You could make a script that attaches to dead people perhaps? and look in ACE/AGM to check for the way to run the carry/drag animations and attach the people together...

That's where I'd start.

I've looked into this and i have to say that it is a can of worms. The animations used when dragging the body are simply enough but making the animations work across a network is particularly tricky, especially when you are dealing with dragging other players. Good luck anyways!

Thanks thefinn and BangaBob.

I figured you would probably use some eventhandler to see if you died. Will see what I can find. Like finn suggested I will look into how ACE/AGM did it and lean on that strongly.

Please if anyone else can help out or give any other suggestions, it will be hugely appreciated.

Cheers.