Solano

Real Light V6 - ReShade Preset [WIP]

The LEGO green is completely gone. Very nice!

After hours of color grading even Lego Green is not saturated enough in your eyes ;)

Newest achievement for today:

http://imgur.com/a/ARKTz#16

I can see the finish line and the morning light - the real one.

Good night and enjoy

Edited by Solano
New Images

Newest achievement for today:

http://imgur.com/a/ARKTz#16

I can see the finish line and the morning light - the real one.

Good night and enjoy

For my personal opinion the last picture is much to bright. Especially the glowing sky hurts my eyes.

Colors are great, i like the saturated green :)

Especially the glowing sky hurts my eyes.

Thanks! That´s how noon on a greek island on clear weather should look like! Mission accomplished :)

Thanks! That´s how noon on a greek island on clear weather should look like! Mission accomplished :)

That is the best part about that Shader. When I have to operate or even fly in the direction of the sun...consider me killed! xD

That is the best part about that Shader. When I have to operate or even fly in the direction of the sun...consider me killed! xD

Hey! Don´t blame my Preset for that! ;)

The sun overdrive comes pretty much from arma itself when heading towards it

Hey! Don´t blame my Preset for that! ;)

The sun overdrive comes pretty much from arma itself when heading towards it

I don't blame, I love it xD

But you see a difference between vanilla and your preset. Of course yours is a 100% superior! ^^

I don't blame, I love it xD

But you see a difference between vanilla and your preset. Of course yours is a 100% superior! ^^

That´s too kind - thanks a lot.

I wanted to test my current state of V6 on some custom Maps just to check how it performs there.

What is the most common custom map in arma 3?

If this preset isnt too different as V5 it should perform good. I tested V5 (with adjusted Exposure for Blue sky of course^^) on Napf, Chernarus, Takistan, Reshmaan and another ton of maps.

Green Light dude.

I think there is not really a "common" custom map. I think Bornholm is pretty popular. Of course the old ones like Takistan, Chernarus maybe Reshmaan are popular too.

I think the really good custom terrains are still in development (I mean all the middle eastern kind of terrains in the build atm).

I also like Thirsk very much. (Had a nice session on Thirsk Winter Yesterday!)

If this preset isnt too different as V5 it should perform good. I tested V5 (with adjusted Exposure for Blue sky of course^^) on Napf, Chernarus, Takistan, Reshmaan and another ton of maps.

Green Light dude.

Really?!

That is a relieve to hear!

Are these the most common maps you would say?

Really?!

That is a relieve to hear!

Are these the most common maps you would say?

For me those maps are most common, Chernarus and Takistan are very well known i think. I also tested the V5 Preset on the ~700km² huge "Sauerland" map, didnt encounter any problems. Esseker i have tested too, worked good ;)

As far i know Bornholm had some Performance problems since the last update of the map, a couple of Users (me too) had some wierd Framedrops to 1 (see my PC in Signature) including those hard bug where your Soldier and your mates are gonna "slow textured" and their bodys are all over the place ^^

I don't think custom maps are going to be much a big factor in ReShade perfomance, besides some which are really perfomance heavy or just plain impossible to run (Bornholm, Ukraine map), most custom maps actually perform better then Altis, due to usually being unfinished and underpopulated with objects, or making heavy use of less perfomance heavy arma 2 models and such.

@LSD Timewarp

How did you play the sauerland map without getting those config errors from that one airport or whatever? I remember the buildings on that map dissapeared in some spots for me.

I deleted the fal_tierpark.pbo and fal_trafficsigns.pbo and i removed the waterline pond bug. I have no problems at all, no waterline bug when in Aircrafts etc. It works for me :)

Same with map Napf, i deleted the entry of the pond.p3d and deleted a pbo from the folder and it works like a charm. Actually Napf is my favorite map ^^

Current State of RL6

http://imgur.com/a/ARKTz#18

Started to fork a low contrast and less saturated version. I like it when the colors and contrasts have punch but in the end you can decide because I will offer both.

Wow this new version looks really good! Any rough idea on when we can get our paws on it? Week or two?

That would be amazing!

Sorry - won´t happen.

Not satisfied enough yet...

Here is my problem why I can´t give you version 6 as fast I would love to.

I wanted to rebuild real light from scratch to have control over every value again to prevent mistakes I made in V5 and to better be able to redive into the many tweaks that can be made with ReShade. It is just a long time ago since I looked into V5 again.

Anyway - done.

Everything is set up - I am on a point where all effects are ready and I am tweaking atm just for the look. RL6 is of course based on the latest Version of ReShade to use all advantages of the fixes they made since then.

BUT

It seems that the latest ReShade with all the settings I used for V5 needs instead of 2FPS max (!) - now at least 9 FPS!

This is unacceptable and now I am in the situation to track down what produces the costs and I had not much success yet.

I don´t want to release a new version with worse performance. ( I am not Ubisoft :P )

I will update here about my progress as before but now - with that performance problem I can´t even say when this is approximately ready :(

Sorry for hyping you guys up with the screens and all but I didn´t saw that coming.

Yo, I guess this was already aske, but is this mod gonna be clientside? So I can use it on multiplayer anyways?

Yeah its clientside but not an arma-mod. It´s an injection of post effects.

You can try Real Light V5 if you like.

I know that you said that stuff like Ambient Light drops the fps. But it is just so beautiful. I know that some of us have really good rigs and would be willing to take the performance loss for a really beautiful ARMA. Maybe you could release a "Performance Heavy" version now for us that don't mind the performance hit, while also working on a "Light" version for everybody else. I just wanna see those beautiful graphics no matter the performance cost haha.