Sign in to follow this  
leob

[SP Campaign] Mission Saving

Hello, I'm creating a simgleplayer campaign and was wondering what to pay attention to when scripting, if I want the player to be able to save the game state at any time.

For example, what happens if the player saves the game while a script is running. Let's say it's a scripted conversation between two charcters. Will I run into any unwanted issues/errors ?

Could there be any other incidents when it's problematic to save/load a game in terms of scripting techniques?

I already thought about scripts where I use "disableSerialization". The script command wiki text says: "Disable saving of script containing this command. After this...".

Does that mean I better disable saving while a script of this type is running?

Cheers

to my knowledge it shouldn't break anything. Everything should simply continue running where it left off when the player loads in again, only thing I could think is that the dialog might break and it won't reload itself up again so you'll have to do that manually.

I've been making campaign myself and like what austin_medic said, it should load off right where you left off when you saved it. I did experience though that in some cases the dialogue may break off and or sometimes I had an issue where a task wasn't assigned when I reloaded the save (i'm not sure what caused that).