Sign in to follow this  
BEAKSBY

"-mod=" Error?

Hi All,

I can't load my old mission from Nov 2014.

I get the following:

Arma 3 has quit in unusual manner. Info:

The game was started with the following parameters:

H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma.exe."-mod="

How do I remove the "-mod="

Hi

Go to library, choose your game, then right click on it, then go down to properties, under the general tab you should see 2 buttons.

first button is "set launch options"

2nd button is "create desktop shortcut"

you want the first button, open it, and remove anything in that box, that should be where its at.

Alternative to launching your game would be a launcher where you can create profiles, and add an parameters:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19582

Hope that helped and did the trick for you.

Thanks Gunter,

I tried that already but no luck. I'm wondering if my missions need updating as a result of the many revisions Arma 3 underwent over the last 7 months since I last played my missions?

Hmm, sorry to hear, thats possible, but when you built those missions, were their any mods used?

Otherwise I'm thinking it depends on any codes you may have used, but overall missions should work none the less.

Whether I use the mod @PUBattleRoyale or not, all my old missions, from 7 months ago still freeze/crash on the loading screen.

I'll check file integrity with a Steam to make sure I don't have to re download Arma 3.

Any one had this issue where missions from pre-MANW competition are freezing?

Thanks Ghosticus,

I did, and whether I have the mod box ticked off with @PUBattleRoyale or not I still get the same result. My mission freezes on the the loading screen.

I also noticed in the Editor, non of the move arrows or units are placed there anymore?

Not sure why they are gone?

Hmmm. Integrity check go clear? I know a couple of my friends have to check in 3 Different places for start parameters when we change mods.

I reset all parameter to default then it seemed to work. What I don't understand is that should set Arma 3 back to vanilla, yet my mision works with the C130J and MV22?

I'll check my missiin folder if these two mods are already in it?