IndeedPete

A2C - Arma 2 Cutscene Animations in Arma 3

You guys are amazing -- the whole Arma scene is amazing in your collective resourcefulness, and BIS for the wealth of content from a decade and a half.

Every couple of weeks, I find a whole new section of Arma that I don't know how to do or use.

I've figured out crudely how to use basic animations using the Eden Enhanced addon that lets me put in any animation (and automatically disableAI per unit as needed, I think), b/c I had trouble with the proper syntax, anim name, or SOMETHING. I now think the right way is: null=[this, "ANIM_NAME"] call BIS_fncambientAnim; ? (haven't had a chance to test it yet)

I saw an A2 Shacktac mission video where the Chernarus rockers triggered the dance anims but had to wait until the anim played to completion. Would that be done in Arma 3 through an addAction (with keybind if desired) with playMove in the {} portion of the addAction?

As a learning experience here, Undeceived threw out the idea of using the old A2 death anims instead of relying on the A3 ragdolls. My initial n00b thoughts are:

Script an eventhandler to trigger the anim?

Run this script for all units (I know how to do a forEach AllUnits in the init.sqf)? What would be the most efficient way to do so? How to do so if I use a mission that spawns units (ALiVE, T8, etc. I still struggle with giving init strings or running .sqfs for spawned units)?

How to randomize from a selection of animations? random [array of anim strings]?

I know from KK to avoid using large or excessive loops where feasible.

Thanks for any tips and discussion!

Extract from Armaholic for information :

icon-comment.gif   2016-03-31 15:04   Posted by Mavrick        

the last update 1.2 has a bug the cancels arma 3 reload animation so in simple words
I cant reload any weapon

icon-comment.gif   2016-04-01 17:26   Posted by mickeymen        

This mod kills the recharge ability in the game. When I try use "R" button, nothing happens. Only at recharge primary weapons and Launchers. The pistols no has problem with it. As soon as I disabled this mod, the problem disappeared. Strange, but this fact.

icon-comment.gif   2016-05-07 12:36   Posted by GeckoWarrior        

With this mod I cann't reload my primary weapon. :( It is impossible. Please can you fix it? pardon.gif
Your mod is very cool but it is now impossible to reload weapons with it...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish you could fix this bug in your mod. :)

the last update 1.2 has a bug the cancels arma 3 reload animation so in simple words

I cant reload any weapon

This mod kills the recharge ability in the game. When I try use "R" button, nothing happens. Only at recharge primary weapons and Launchers. The pistols no has problem with it. As soon as I disabled this mod, the problem disappeared. Strange, but this fact.

With this mod I cann't reload my primary weapon. :( It is impossible. Please can you fix it? pardon.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot reproduce this issue. I can reload primaries, secondaries, and launchers without any problems when just running A2C on latest Arma 3 stable.

On 9.5.2016 at 9:13 AM, GeckoWarrior said:

I cant reload any weapon

Guys, after quite a while :dontgetit: I now looked into the addon as I also experienced the reloading bug (but only when launching A2C together with another mod - MOCAP Melee).

A new (for now experimental) version with the reloading bug (hopefully) fixed is ready for download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3z0fi1y5963wym/A2C_v103_experimental.7z

Could you please give it a try and confirm the fix? After that I would re-release it "officially".

Thanks!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Isll.Etman said:

that experimental version seems to be working just fine and the issue is fixed. 

Ok, thanks!
Meanwhile I found and fixed yet another bug (weird animation when aiming down pistol sights).

I'll keep on testing a little bit more and will release it with the fixed issues.

Hello. Is there possibility that you will actually be able to kill unit and ragdoll him even while animation is played?

No, either an animation is played or no animation is played and ragdoll is active.

On 02.01.2017 at 10:40 PM, Undeceived said:

No, either an animation is played or no animation is played and ragdoll is active.

Help, I want to enable dance animation in Editor, I enter p1 playMove (tried switchMove too)  "ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan"; in unit initialization, but it does not work. I also tried 0 = this spawn{_this switchMove "ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan";};. What to do, what command to register? Sorry for my English

25 minutes ago, sdklfklvn said:

Help, I want to enable dance animation in Editor, I enter p1 playMove (tried switchMove too)  "ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan"; in unit initialization, but it does not work. I also tried 0 = this spawn{_this switchMove "ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan";};. What to do, what command to register? Sorry for my English

Is p1 the name of the unit in which you placed the code?  Probably not, so you should use 

this switchMove "animationhere";

or

this playMove "animationhere";

I have no idea where you got that second piece of code, but that would never work in a unit's init because it would be putting a local variable (_this) in a global space, which isn't allowed in the editor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Savage_Donkey said:

Is p1 the name of the unit in which you placed the code?  Probably not, so you should use 

this switchMove "animationhere";

or

this playMove "animationhere";

I have no idea where you got that second piece of code, but that would never work in a unit's init because it would be putting a local variable (_this) in a global space, which isn't allowed in the editor.

Hi! Thank you for answer, yes p1 is the name of the unit. I tried as you advised, but the animation is still not played...

5 hours ago, sdklfklvn said:

Hi! Thank you for answer, yes p1 is the name of the unit. I tried as you advised, but the animation is still not played...

If you view the animation in the animation viewer, does it work?  There are a couple of animations in the mod that don't work and will just make the unit ragdoll/freeze.

On 26.03.2017 at 0:36 AM, Savage_Donkey said:

f you view the animation in the animation viewer, does it work?  There are a couple of animations in the mod that don't work and will just make the unit ragdoll/freeze.

Yes, it works fine in the animation viewer. 

Someone can help me? I try playMove playMoveNow and switchMove with

ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoIvan

ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan

ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingStefan

and some animations doesn't work right.

player still doing idle animation and can't move.

I just found solved this problem in page 3.

now work! with 

player switchMove "ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan";
player playMoveNow "ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingDuoStefan";

sorry for you guys i should look before reply.

Hello,

I would like to dance IAs in my cantina for a mission on a dedicated server I create, I looked at the thread a bit, but I did not find what I was looking for, I did this for now.

if (!isServer) exitWith {};  
0 = [this] spawn  
{ 
sleep 15 ; 
this disableAI "ANIM";
_liste_Anim = ["ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingStefan "];  
_anime = selectrandom _liste_Anim;  
[_this select 0,_anime] remoteExec ["switchmove",0,true];  
};

But nothing happens. 

I tried to name my AI, there is a very small start of animation but it stops, and it resume the standing position without moving. I tried on me, and the animation works. Someone would have an idea to apply this animation on an AI so that it dances without stopping?

What you describe sounds like the disableAI "ANIM" didn't work.

Try to write

_this disableAI "ANIM";

instead of

this (without the _ ).

If I'm not mistaken, right now in your code this "this" is not defined.

To refer to the spawner, you have to use _this (like you did in line 8).

Just noticed that the experimental version fixes the reload issue however with shoulder rocket launchers it keeps doing the reload animation for no reason while aiming the weapon  every few seconds.

I can't help you right now as I'm not at home, but there's a (better) working version as pbo in the download package of my campaign Underdogs (check my sig).

It's not signed though.

If you need further help (e.g. finding it), give me a shout and I'll check it out today evening.

Update thanks to Undeceived!

Version: 1.03

Changelog

1.03 - 17.08.2018

• FIXED: Reload bug thanks to Undeceived.

License
Animations sources are taken from Bohemia Interactive Studios' official licensed data packages. Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.

Credits & Thanks

BIS for their tutorials and licensed data packages.

Undeceived for contributing to the project by adding new animations.

Download
Dropbox v1.03
Steam Workshop v1.03 (Addon Only, No Sources)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@IndeedPete @Undeceived 

added you in discord (hopefully the right persons) - as i am to port the anims for IF campaigns,

the plan is to almost all while i am at it. i am familiar with the process and the config side of things.

however could be useful to have a little chat to make use of your experience with this effort here

cheers!

PS: my effort can be released separately to IFA3 of course and thus should expand the current ones

available here a great deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news, @.kju! From my point of view I'm totally looking forward to it (in whatever release form).

Yeah, just give me a shout if you have questions, even though I doubt I will be able to help you much as I don't even know anymore what I did there to expand IP's work. :icon_biggrin: