IndeedPete

A2C - Arma 2 Cutscene Animations in Arma 3

a2c_logo_small7wyqu.png

Arma 2 Cutscene Animations in Arma 3

Good day!

I was always fond of having some of Arma 2's original animations in Arma 3 as I loved Harvest Red's atmospheric cutscenes. I recently picked up porting a few animations for an SP project of mine using BI's licensed data packages and was surprised how well they work in Arma 3. Thus, I've ported a few dozen cutscene animations by now and would just like to share these ports as a resource for other fellow mission makers and cutscene lovers. Note that they're incomplete, action sets are not defined yet and some might not work as intended. As I feel this is kind of an open source project and I don't want to dedicate too much effort to this stand-alone release I will also publish my sources for anyone to extend or re-use in other work. If your favourite A2 animation is missing provide me with the classname and I'll see what I can do.

Version: 1.03

Overview
This addon ports a bunch of cutscene animations from Arma 2 to Arma 3. It is not complete yet but it already provides mission creators with more variety for their cutscenes. Note that most ported Arma 2 cutscenes show up under Cutscene or Unknown categories in the animation viewer.

Media

Requirements
None.

How to Install
Standard mod procedure. Just unpack the @A2C folder to your Arma 3 dir and launch it with BI's or a custom launcher.

Changelog

1.03 - 17.08.2018

• FIXED: Reload bug thanks to Undeceived.

1.02 - 24.03.2016

• ADDED: Over 65 new animations thanks to Undeceived.

1.01 - 05.07.2015

• ADDED: Over 60 new animations (suicide, dancing, training, talking, beating and other).

1.00 - 04.07.2015

• Initial Release

Known Issues

• Action sets are not properly defined yet.
  • Some animations might not work as intended or do not work at all.

License
APL-SA.png
Animations sources are taken from Bohemia Interactive Studios' official licensed data packages. Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.

Credits & Thanks

• BIS for their tutorials and licensed data packages.
  • Undeceived for contributing to the project by adding new animations.

Download
Arma3.de v1.01
Armaholic v1.03
Dropbox v1.03
PlayWithSix v1.02
Steam Workshop v1.03 (Addon Only, No Sources)

• Like 4

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey IndeedPete , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

You sir, are quite the legend! :D

Is the suicide by pistol animation included?

Thanks, chaps!

@PhonicStudios: Unfortunately not I think. I stumbled across it and forgot to add it to my list. Same goes for the dance animation. I might add them soon as the suicide is a cool one.

• Like 1

Yes, suicide is amazing. I love it in ArmA 2. ArmA 2 ofcourse, not in real life.

Also, those Ivan & Stefan dancing animations are amazing.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is the suicide by pistol animation included?

There's a suicide animation! Madness! I'm so buying Arma 2!

Thanks, Foxhound!

As far as I know, the suicide (as much as the dancing) was never used. But it's a good idea to peek into older Arma titles once in a while. Even if Arma 2's original campaign "Operation Harvest Red" had tons of bugs and flaws, and became really horrible and unbelievable towards the end, I really enjoyed the first missions. In terms of atmosphere A2's campaign is somewhere around the top of my list. Animations, music, pp effects, lighting, the Slavic setting - I loved it. OA's campaign was solid gameplay-wise but lacked story aspects. The PMC campaign was cool again. Same goes for Arma 1's PMC campaign that came with Queen's Gambit, I think. Pretty good entertainment, even today.

Edited by IndeedPete
  • Like 1

Niceeeee - thanks IndeedPete :bounce3:

Is the dance animation in this? Didn't see it in the video.

Dirty Haz

Is the dance animation in this? Didn't see it in the video.

Dirty Haz

LOl had the same thought. Used to kind of resent the time put into them in lite of more useful combat animations but now I miss them. I want it all.

Wow, fantastic work, IP! I always wanted to use these anims! :)

One question though. The package is quite large with 255 mb. Does the player have to download it as well, if I use it in my missions?

I know, the original release was just yesterday but I decided to put in the most requested dancing and suicide animations. And then I ended up discovering and porting 60+ other cool anims as well. So, time for the first update. :)

a2c_logo_small7wyqu.png

Arma 2 Cutscene Animations in Arma 3

Version: 1.01

Changelog

1.01 - 05.07.2015

• ADDED: Over 60 new animations (suicide, dancing, training, talking, beating and other).

License

APL-SA.png

Animations sources are taken from Bohemia Interactive Studios' official licensed data packages. Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.

Credits & Thanks

• BIS for their tutorials and licensed data packages.

Download

Dropbox v1.01

Steam Workshop v1.01 (Addon Only, No Sources)

Enjoy!

@Dirty Haz: Now it is. ;)

@froggyluv: Provide me the classnames if I missed your favourite ones and I'll see what I can do.

@Undeceived: Yes, if you use them in a campaign the player obviously needs to run the addon. Hence I've decided to include the sources as well, so you can just pick the ones you like and add them to your own campaign in addon format. Probably also works for single missions using CfgMissions but I did this with larger campaigns in mind. I myself have an exact copy of the published library here included in a WIP campaign project meaning players won't need this extra addon as it's already part of the campaign itself. Purely a matter of choice.

When I started this thing I thought I'd just port the 10, 20 or 30 anims I remembered but I ended up browsing A2's anim viewer and ported a few hundred by now. Also, I didn't even browse through OA and the Arma 2 DLCs yet.

Yay! Update! Thanks matey! This was so, so helpful - I had planned last night to port all the animations over from A2. So I sat down, briefly logged onto the forums, and saw you'd ninja'd me! Cheers! :yay:

Give us a shout if I can help you out somehow on whatever you're up to - you've saved me about three evenings-worth of work!

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Wait - there's more on the Arma 2 DLCs? Oh... My... God. :)

Ha, you're free to join this open source project. Just take the sources and extend them with more animations. I'm certain I've missed a few cool ones. Just don't forget to publish your build so we can keep this thread updated. Since I've ported so many already I should start sorting them properly at some point. At the moment, it's just a huge folder with animations and a config slapped onto it. In my opinion, the scope of this project should cover cutscene animations and those who can be used in cutscenes only but that's just me. The normal walking, shooting, stance etc. animations are probably inferior compared to the great ones that came with Arma 3.

Yes, there's Operation Arrowhead (which had boring cutscenes if any AFAIK), British Armed Forces (I don't really remember the campaign), Private Military Company (the best DLC so far, though I'm not sure if they used any interesting anims) and Armed Forces of the Czech Republic (I think, never really played that one).

OT: Yay, finally a thunderstorm in this area! Relieving rain above northern Germany! God, it's been horrible the last few days. I feel like I'm on Tanoa already with 30+ °C and that f****** humid air. :D

@IP - I do get an error saying:

"Bad animation file format in file "ip_a2c\anim\ctshelicrashcooper.rtm". - is this me/mods Im using ?? any idea - thanks

@Spoor: Works for me, just tested. Maybe there was an error with your download or my upload. Where did you download the addon?

And yes, trying it again without using other addons could be helpful as well.

@IndeedPete - cool stuff! I'll be sure to check out the other DLCs and see if I can pitch in! Regarding thunderstorms - yeah, we're having full-on Tanoa in England at the moment! :D Soooo hot!

@Spoor: Works for me, just tested. Maybe there was an error with your download or my upload. .......... CUT .............

Oke and thanks for your quick reply. Will run yr mod without any other and find out what causes the error. Been downloading via Six with indeed some problems, will also delete the files and do it over - let you know

EDIT: downloaded via yr dropbox - works brilliant - thanks

Edited by Spoor

Dude your awesome for putting these in.

Can't get them to play the dance anmiations outside of the Anim Viewer where it works spendid. First tried the playMove, switchMove, playMoveNow and they kind of just do a little twitch. Also tried:

[troop1, "ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_DancingStefan", "ASIS"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;

..but still no luck