Sign in to follow this  
owmyeye

Why are AI attacking an Empty barracks object?

Can anyone tell me why when when I place the "Barracks" object from "Objects [fortifications]" that my Opfor AI are firing 40mm grenades at it? This is while I'm just building a camp and testing it's layout, so no opposing AI or real fighting around and the AI are trying to blow up their own base.

What's the classname of the "barracks"?

I just opened the editor and under Empty > Objects (fortifications) I can only find a load of bag fences, barriers and shoothouse stuff.

Are you running any mods?

What's the classname of the "barracks"?

I just opened the editor and under Empty > Objects (fortifications) I can only find a load of bag fences, barriers and shoothouse stuff.

Are you running any mods?

Hm yes I'm running a ton. I really have no idea what's vanilla now days. I guess the mod has some kind of side tag on the object. That's a shame.

Might be a port of the old A2 warfare barracks, these are attackable by AI, at least that's how I remember them.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies guys. I can't get a screenshot right now but I think it looks like this image I found on the net:

WF2M_bv_barracks.jpg

I was just looking for some props to make a rebel camp with.

I'm running more mods than I can remember installing, so if it's in my editor it's most likely not the minority A3 content I suppose :p

Those models do indeed have some sort of side tag on them, however there should be a model for each faction (east, west, indie). Keep looking around to find the one with the right side on it.

That's one of the old A2 warfare buildings, got it right, heh.

You might try setting it captive with

this setcaptive true;

no idea if it works, worth a try.

Other than that I'm sure there's a version for the correct side to use, so it won't be attacked.

Unfortunately that setcaptive doesn't help.

It's also a bummer that I only seem to have 1 copy of that object (and thus only one faction). I guess I'll go look for some more mods now to add editor objects to play with.

What about looking in the mission.sqm file and changing it's side.

It used to work in A2/OA.