Cype_Revenge

[WIP] Terrain Diyala province Iraq

21 hours ago, Cype_Revenge said:

Thansk Shifty, sry i don´t have now the time to extend the map (another project needs to finish)

Take your time, finish your projects, but don't forgot this one :)

this map is great. i love the use of the jbad buildings. it feels very real. good work.

you should consider moving the helipad at FOB Al-Jaarah though. its too close to a building to be of much use and its also on a slight incline. anything larger than a littlebird simply will not fit there.

Hey there, now that the CUP terrains replaced their takistan buildings with jbad buildings would you consider changing the requirement to CUP terrains instead of JBAD?

39 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

Also arnt the apex assets available to modders now?

If you have Mikero's paid tools then yes, otherwise no.

6 hours ago, fanatic72 said:

Hey there, now that the CUP terrains replaced their takistan buildings with jbad buildings would you consider changing the requirement to CUP terrains instead of JBAD?

He can't. JBAD was not fully incorporated into CUP. He discusses why this isn't going to happen on his Workshop page.

On 13.12.2016 at 7:20 PM, Red Partisan said:

I'll admit I've had this issue too, I can get a tank to barely go through the crossing using a safe or careless waypoint, and infantry will pass through simple enough. However, the moment combat begins and the tank somehow finds his way on the other side again, there is absolutely no way he will navigate back across. 

I love this map, its probably the most gorgeous middle eastern map currently. But stuck AI vehicles under the bridges are really immersion breaking. Its out of scope to fix this I presume?

On 2/8/2017 at 2:50 AM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

He can't. JBAD was not fully incorporated into CUP. He discusses why this isn't going to happen on his Workshop page.

An interesting observation: normally this map gives me very (almost unplayably) low FPS around towns, the reason cited by everyone being the trees. 

I accidentally removed JBAD buildings from my mod list and loaded up Diyala. Instead of erroring out it just ran without buildings. And it was absolutely silky smooth throughout the map regardless of trees. Which leads to the obvious conclusion that the density of JBAD structures on this map is badly affecting the framerate.

• Like 6

Has anyone tried testing the map with the devbranch 64 bit to see if the frames improve at all?

Thanks guys for your interest in my Map :-)

On 7.2.2017 at 5:50 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

right...but i can replace it with original A2 models to update it to CUP.

20 hours ago, nomisum said:

I love this map, its probably the most gorgeous middle eastern map currently. But stuck AI vehicles under the bridges are really immersion breaking. Its out of scope to fix this I presume?

Thanks nomisum, what bridge?

not sure if i can fix it....

5 hours ago, war_lord said:

Has anyone tried testing the map with the devbranch 64 bit to see if the frames improve at all?

yes sure tested it, for me changed nothing.

but i am always over 50 Fps....

On 7.2.2017 at 11:45 AM, fanatic72 said:

yeah if i found some time maybe i can release an Update to CUP

working on 3 projects now, free time is gold....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cype_Revenge said:

but i can replace it with original A2 models to update it to CUP.

1 hour ago, Cype_Revenge said:

if i found some time maybe i can release an Update to CUP

YESSSSSS PLEASE!!!!!:drinking2:

Has anyone else experienced an issue where the doors will not open on houses? I've not tested it on 100% of all the buildings, but the ones I've noticed seem to be all the Takistan buildings.

Oh no not Diyala too. :( The Kunduz thread on Steam is full with people reporting this. I haven't explicitly checked this on Diyala though.

Does anyone know offhand if JBAD buildings in general have a new issue with doors? Are the new CUP JBAD ports doing it too (on Takistan, Zargabad, etc)?

This is a very small issue.  On maps that don't give you the mousewheel option to open a door...using CTRL + spacebar will do the trick no problem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

This is a very small issue.  On maps that don't give you the mousewheel option to open a door...using CTRL + spacebar will do the trick no problem.

I haven't tried it yet (been kinda busy) but someone on Steam said CTRL+spacebar was a workaround that only works with the ACE mod. *If* that's true it would be kind of a big issue. Have you tried it without ACE?

53 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Does anyone know offhand if JBAD buildings in general have a new issue with doors? Are the new CUP JBAD ports doing it too (on Takistan, Zargabad, etc)?

hope Cup Jbad don't have this issue....

working now updating the map to Cup :dontgetit:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Cype_Revenge said:

hope Cup Jbad don't have this issue....

working now updating the map to Cup :dontgetit:

I can't remember if you obfuscate your PBO's or not. We'll probably need to do a complete reindex the map for ALiVE. If you don't have the time to reindex it and block the PBO's, can you send me an unobfuscated version so I can index it for the ALiVE devs?

I'm happy you're making the change to CUP! Nice. I'll have to check how the CUP JBAD buildings are acting. I've just been too busy. I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to see if the doors have issues though. Just walk up to a few of the Takistani houses and see if you get the door symbol and if it opens when you try to get in (and that it has an "open door" action menu option).

If not I'm sure the CUP team can fix it on their end.

• Like 1

We are experiencing a bug where a single grenade can blow up any house. Is it just us, or does this happen to anyone else?

4 hours ago, sitrepo said:

We are experiencing a bug where a single grenade can blow up any house. Is it just us, or does this happen to anyone else?

Yeah, that's happened to me too, but that's a Jbad bug.  Hopefully it'll go away with the transition to Cup.

Damn...wish it could just stay JBAD, but with corrected damage models.

On 09/03/2017 at 3:51 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Oh no not Diyala too. :( The Kunduz thread on Steam is full with people reporting this. I haven't explicitly checked this on Diyala though.

This is caused by Kunduz's version of JBAD and it affects any terrain that uses JBAD buildings. If you remove Kunduz, Diyala's doors should operate normally.

On 03/04/2017 at 9:23 AM, sitrepo said:

Same issue here. Is there a fix definitely in the works? Whether that is Diyala switching to CUP or an update for JBAD?

• Like 2

first page Updated:

Diyala V1.3:

-Jbad no longer required
-Update to CUP Terrains Core
-fixed some misplaced objects

Thanks!

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Cype_Revenge said:

first page Updated:

Diyala V1.3:

-Jbad no longer required