Hello Guys,

small Update on my Terrain:

-V1.2
-fixed some misplaced objects
-new Lightning settings
-few small error fixes
-fixed some errors in surface configs

Download links Updated on first Page!

if you have installed DiyalaV1.1 use the "GoogleDrive Update from V1.1" link (Overwrite the files on your modfolder with the new ones)

if you are downloading this Terrain the first time use the "GoogleDriveFull" link

VJAq5goh.jpg

FUDQ1udh.jpg

PmLvrVeh.jpg

enjoy the new Update

Thanks

• Like 5

My favourite map, and one of the best looking around. 
Just wish I knew why it didn't work so well with ALiVE. Someone said it could be the Jbad buildings, but just not enough units (civilians) spawn for it to work with a proper insurgency mission 

• Like 1

Just curious, are JbadBuildings still supported by it's developers?

Just curious, are JbadBuildings still supported by it's developers?

wondering this my self 

thanks for the new update 

My favourite map, and one of the best looking around. 

Just wish I knew why it didn't work so well with ALiVE. Someone said it could be the Jbad buildings, but just not enough units (civilians) spawn for it to work with a proper insurgency mission

Are you seeing any improvement on the civ spawns at all since the last ALiVE update? I'm noticing a few more green markers with civ pop debug but I haven't checked if that's translating into more civs or not.

Can you try this new release with the updated ALiVE, set them to extreme with no filtering and report back?

I've had this mission just waiting in the wings for this to be fixed. I'd hate to have to turn it into a conventional battle but if civs aren't spawning, even in ok-ish numbers, I'll have to rework it for sure.

Did you change the palm trees for this version?

V1.2's workshop link leads to Google drive.

Thanks my mistake.....

Did you change the palm trees for this version?

always the same but changed but a few things, maybe increased a few Fps... needs to test it

I know you're busy, so it's ok if you can't, but can anything be done with the ALiVE index to help populate the map with civs better?

I notice a lot of the buildings are simply ignored when ALiVE's Civilian Population module is debugged. And even the handful that aren't (approximately 50 places around the map, which is not enough for a map with this many buildings) won't spawn civilians either.

Friznit said it was an issue due to a rare bug on their end that they've since fixed. I just don't see any improvements at the moment so I'm not sure why he was so confident it would no longer be an issue? I don't know if you guys talk outside of the forums but I figured it would be worth a shot mentioning. JD Wang and I have both tested this (although I'm not sure if it's with yesterday's map update. I haven't had a chance to check yet) and we both see the same thing.

• Like 1

I have to admit I haven't tried with the recent map update, but right from the start, no matter how I set this up for ALiVE I only see about 6 civilians spawning at any one time :(

• Like 1

Hi Cype, 

I'm Skream/Howard from www.16aa.net.

On one of our operations nights we can have anything from 60-80 people involved in a multirole infantry fighting enviroment,  

We have just started a campaign which I am one of the developers on and are using your map however we seem to be struggling with very quick and sudden FPS drops believed to be from the palm trees or map being to heavily populated.... Are you able to create a lighter version of the map? 

Are there any steps in place to change the palm trees or at least remove the density of them? 

This is an amazing map and we have at least 10-12 operations planned for this with a massive amount of screenshots and videos made further advertising your map however we are concerned about the play-ability of the map. Relying on a quick fix to be created. OR with your permission being able to fix the map ourselves as long as we agree not to share this outside of the 16AA?

Would this be something you could A) fix? or B) be interested in? 

I look forward to your response!

Howard/Skream

• Like 1

I really would love to see some optimization done. The more time I spend with it, the more I love it. But it also becomes harder and harder to play on.

I agree that the main culprit for FPS issues is the palm trees. However even away from the palms, the dense cities are equally as FPS hungry. When I'm on the edges of the map, either in the SE base or open fields, my FPS is really amazing. But anywhere in the center area is tough, be it due to palms in the village/field areas or the urban areas themselves.

Also, the canal. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful. Absolutely glorious. But it plays real havoc with AI because they are stupid in this game and can't get around it. I wish there were more openings or if not possible, just deleted altogether. It's amazing eye candy but very impractical.

Anyway, this is easily one of the best maps out there but even alone, in some areas I'm around 15 FPS or less. And not a "smooth" low FPS either. I can't imagine trying to play with a large-ish unit on this thing and I have a pretty good computer. Hopefully it gets some attention because this map is brilliant.

I really would love to see some optimization done. The more time I spend with it, the more I love it. But it also becomes harder and harder to play on.

I agree that the main culprit for FPS issues is the palm trees. However even away from the palms, the dense cities are equally as FPS hungry. When I'm on the edges of the map, either in the SE base or open fields, my FPS is really amazing. But anywhere in the center area is tough, be it due to palms in the village/field areas or the urban areas themselves.

Also, the canal. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful. Absolutely glorious. But it plays real havoc with AI because they are stupid in this game and can't get around it. I wish there were more openings or if not possible, just deleted altogether. It's amazing eye candy but very impractical.

Anyway, this is easily one of the best maps out there but even alone, in some areas I'm around 15 FPS or less. And not a "smooth" low FPS either. I can't imagine trying to play with a large-ish unit on this thing and I have a pretty good computer. Hopefully it gets some attention because this map is brilliant.

So.... to summarize....

-Delete the jungle

-Delete the cities

-Delete the canal

Yup, I'd say your FPS would go up after that.  :P

I did a test of the map 2 nights ago and my FPS was around 27-30 in cities populated with enemy, and around 40-45 outside of it.  That's solid  FPS IMO for OPs.  

Personally, I'd say lighten up the palm trees and you should be good.  Or don't.  But I would not recommend massive wholesale changes to this great map.  Kudos again.

• Like 3

LOL! I see what you mean based on what I said but you know what I'm saying. Man if I was getting a solid 27-30, I honestly would be fine with that. When we play Sangin together we've dropped to sub 22 but that's always fine with me as long as it's steady.

Truth be told, I usually play Diyala in SP for now while I wait for the next Project OPFOR update. I know when combined with ALiVE I really should be on a dedicated server so I'll withhold further judgement until I get this map back on my server. I know we have similar rigs so I'll see how it goes on a dedi because performance should be better in an online when combined with ALiVE.

I'd just like to see this map spawning enough units with ALiVE. For some reason I just can't get civilians to spawn more than say 6 at a time :(

No one seems to know what's causing that either.

On 25.11.2016 at 4:43 PM, autigergrad said:

So.... to summarize....

-Delete the jungle

-Delete the cities

-Delete the canal

Yup, I'd say your FPS would go up after that.  :P

i can give you the empty map.....:don11:

On 3.12.2016 at 4:39 PM, Shifty.FR said:

Hi, very nice map, do you plan to extend your map ? Will be gorgeous

Thansk Shifty, sry i don´t have now the time to extend the map (another project needs to finish)

On 26.11.2016 at 10:05 AM, JD Wang said:

I'd just like to see this map spawning enough units with ALiVE. For some reason I just can't get civilians to spawn more than say 6 at a time :(

No one seems to know what's causing that either.

don´t ask me why, i don´t know what´s causing this :eh:

• Like 1

Lol. Come on guys, you know I wasn't asking for an empty map. :) I know my post sounded that way and I can admit when I sound stupid. 

Cype said very early on he'd work on optimizing the performance and I was just offering observations on where my frames get hit the hardest.

And regarding the canal. Again, it's beautiful. There's no denying that. But how can anyone argue that the AI has any way or means to get around it. They absolutely can't. I just wish there were some openings. 

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

And regarding the canal. Again, it's beautiful. There's no denying that. But how can anyone argue that the AI has any way or means to get around it. They absolutely can't. I just wish there were some openings. 

I'll admit I've had this issue too, I can get a tank to barely go through the crossing using a safe or careless waypoint, and infantry will pass through simple enough. However, the moment combat begins and the tank somehow finds his way on the other side again, there is absolutely no way he will navigate back across.