Cype_Revenge

[WIP] Terrain Diyala province Iraq

Hi good day, thanks this is very cool, looking forward to try this out again. :)

Will you consider using the new Tanoa assets in future updates? 

Will you consider using the new Tanoa assets in future updates? 

no why?

no why?

Tons of new assets that would fit very well with the map. Not only the new industrial assets, but also smaller clutter and vegetation.

Beautiful stuff Cype.

The ALiVE Index is working great as well.  I already have a new full map Conventional Campaign ready to roll using the Iraq Syria Conflict mod as well.  Great stuff all the way around!

• Like 1

Pretty good overall, good areas for gameplay etc.

My only criticism would be that there is a bit too much clutter i think, it makes it look good but seems to sacrifice a bit of perfomance,

Also the static non wreck vehicles models around the map can be a bit misleading, players in a mission might think its a real vehicle and complain or something lol

Also tanoa assets would defintley fit, would that make the map require owning Tanoa? Not sure how that works

Beautiful stuff Cype.

The ALiVE Index is working great as well. I already have a new full map Conventional Campaign ready to roll using the Iraq Syria Conflict mod as well. Great stuff all the way around!

How were you able to get access to the index? Is there an ALiVE experimental download with this index included somewhere?

I'm fairly certain this didn't make it into 1.0.7. I could be mistaken though!

How were you able to get access to the index? Is there an ALiVE experimental download with this index included somewhere?

I'm fairly certain this didn't make it into 1.0.7. I could be mistaken though!

Cype posted it on alive forum. Works great.

Thanks.

But what am I supposed to do with it? I see it's an .rar file. Where does it go?

Just put the "x" folder in the mission folder.  That's it.

• Like 1

Just put the "x" folder in the mission folder.  That's it.

Perfect!

At least now I can keep going with the insurgency mission I've been building on it.

Just an FYI, Friznit just mentioned that although the index is working (yay!) it does have some errors he's trying to figure out. But regardless it should be enough to finish the mission up with while we await the next ALiVE release.

Thanks AuTigerGrad!

Beautiful stuff Cype.

The ALiVE Index is working great as well.  I already have a new full map Conventional Campaign ready to roll using the Iraq Syria Conflict mod as well.  Great stuff all the way around!

great when its finished please post it here, i want play it.

Also tanoa assets would defintley fit, would that make the map require owning Tanoa? Not sure how that works

all criticism are welcome :)

yeah you need afterwards to buy the Apex expansion to play it....

Perfect!

At least now I can keep going with the insurgency mission I've been building on it.

Just an FYI, Friznit just mentioned that although the index is working (yay!) it does have some errors he's trying to figure out. But regardless it should be enough to finish the mission up with while we await the next ALiVE release.

Thanks AuTigerGrad!

yeah i hope it he can figure it out,

can't wait to play a mission from you guys  :D

• Like 1

can't wait to play a mission from you guys :D

Cool. I'll post it here. I'm actually really happy AuTigerGrad is working on a conventional mission so when I post my insurgency, it'll have a slightly different flavor. :)

I have the basic mission already established (which I'll continue to add to over time) but I'm having a hard time picking the enemy faction. I've discovered that Iraqi-Syrian Conflict has some errors with motorized and armored enemy groups, which makes me nervous because errors such as these can cause havoc with ALiVE.

My fallback will be Massi's Middle East Warfare, which I'll do a mixture of ISIS and Taliban units (combined they are amazing), but one thing Iraqi-Syrian conflict has which literally no other Islamic terrorist faction has, is a group with tanks. :)

I'm open to some faction suggestions. I left a message about the errors in Accuracythruvolume's thread but haven't heard back.

Im sure some of the Tanoa vegetation (hint: Palm trees) would make it look a lot better. :) Not saying it isnt gorgeous now though.

Any chance to switch from the JBAD requirements to cup ?

yay my new favorite map has alive support :P 

• Like 1

I have a mission on the map inbound. I'm just waiting for a quick ALiVE hot fix and I'll post it back here. :)

I can't wait either!!!

• Like 2

Ok. So here's a test version. This is a conventional battle of NATO vs ISIS fighters. The idea here for those new to ALiVE is to explore the map and take (and hold) objectives (I.E. You stumble upon an important airport? Fight for it. Clear it and call reinforcements to static defend it afterwards to make that baby yours if you deem it important enough. Taking and holding objectives will deny the enemy important resources which in turn puts you in a better position to rid Diyala of terrorists. Remember, ISIS wants your resources too. Even your main bases is not immune to attacks). Beware of roadblocks, random camps, mortar fire, and tanks in the northern fields.

In the long run I'd like to make this an insurgency mission, but I'm having difficulty spawning enough civilians and I really don't understand why (there appears to be enough civilian objects, but even without filtering, only a handful or less of civs will spawn in most towns. It's very strange. I asked Tupolov about this but I haven't heard back). In the meantime, I still implemented a lot of the cool insurgency style features, such as IED's, suicide bombers and VBIED's. Additional features are listed in the spoiler below. :)

I guess mainly I'm looking to ensure the map feels populated enough, that it feels balanced, but also doesn't have awful FPS in certain areas of the map. This has actually been the hardest part for me to get right, so I've been editing more than playing. I'd love to get some feedback from players.

The test mission and feature set:

Oasis of Marah

CBA

ALiVE

Spyder Addons

Massi's NATO Russian Weapons

Massi's NATO Russian Vehicles

Massi's Middle East Warfare (vehicles version)

Davidoss's Massi Compatibility Patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByRTbY28pkpiUFVSbFNHRmEtYjA/view?usp=shar

JBAD Buildings

Diyala Province

The mission file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykz9akdk7051jzw/Oasis_of_Marah.DYA.pbo?dl=0

Although SP is encouraged, this mission should only be played in a MP environment. If you don't have a dedicated server to play this on (why not? Use the free TADST tool!), host your own session in LAN.

Oasis of Marah can be played SP/COOP 1-8. On the main base, players will have access to an AI recruit spawner, a vehicle spawner, and a virtual arsenal. There's also a transport chopper, CAS support, a vehicle rearm/repair station, a medical facility and lots of other things. I take care in making everything the player will need to have success in the mission on the map so please take a look. The prison for now has no function but will be used to house civilians at the players discretion once I turn this into an Insurgency.

Logistics/ALiVE's Commander Tablet is tied to a the laser designator so make sure to have that in your inventory. The team leader should spawn with one by default.

Other features include ambient civilian traffic and animals (thanks to Spyder Addons). There's ambient sounds from AuTigerGrad's ambient sound pack and Spyderblack's excellent Muslim Call to Prayer. There's multiple places to spawn at after dying. The repair/rearm script was provided by Xeno.

A note to mission makers. If you open this up in the editor, use R3vo's 3den Enhanced or you may reset key features.

As to not hijack the thread, any mission specific questions or suggestions should come to me via PM unless obviously, you're noticing issues with the map or performance itself. In which case, yeah, post that stuff here lol.

• Like 3