Cype_Revenge

[WIP] Terrain Diyala province Iraq

Now this is one amazing map. Never seen so life like terrain in Arma before. Congrats for the release!

Only downside is that it kills GPU with its awesomeness. :D I had to lower my view distance to 1000-1500m to get decent 20-30fps frames. Low cell size with high object variety and density is definitely the problem there. Have you thought about optimizing or some kind of lite version of the map?

Thanks again for the great work you've done for the community! Going to open the editor right away and start making some Generation Kill -missions. :wub:

EDIT: Btw, theres lots of invisible holes in the river. If you drive boat over the hole, it just falls right through it to the bottom.

22:24:04 InitShapeEPEProperties() - skeleton bone index 67 is out of range (bones count = 67) for shape: pra3\pra3_structures\afghan_houses_c\jbad_house_c_3.p3d
22:29:13 Warning: Unaccessible ladder point for AI (already used for actionend3) in pra3\pra3_structures\afghan_houses_c\jbad_house_c_1_dam.p3d

These errors are fixed for the next release due with Apex.

Please post any more that you see.

I can confirm that performance isn't what it needs to be, I'm getting as low as 25 frames per second in some areas, and that's on an otherwise empty map with a GTX 970. 

Awesome map, well done, not a big fan of some of the water though as it's black, looking?? Do you need to run the new CUP's Lighting addon as well.

It does kill my FPS too, but it's a nice level map, no need to have a view distance so great if you're doing shit down in the weeds, if you're doing fast air.CAS, different story but for basic killing bad guys, 2000M should be good enough.

Has anyone tried to get an ALiVE insurgency going on this? It might also have an impact on FPS.

as I said, awesome map.

• Like 1

thanks for the release.... downloading now :-)

EDIT: Wow good job... very very well done !

Did spot some RPT errors, the water texture one does spam quite a lot.

22:24:04 InitShapeEPEProperties() - skeleton bone index 67 is out of range (bones count = 67) for shape: pra3\pra3_structures\afghan_houses_c\jbad_house_c_3.p3d
22:24:04 Warn: Shape '???' contains water texture however it does not carry a special class name. Consider craeting one to speed up the detection!
22:24:04 Warn: Shape '???' contains water texture however it does not carry a special class name. Consider craeting one to speed up the detection!
22:24:04 Bad simulation fire, type Land_FirePlace_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\civ\camping\fireplace_f.p3d
22:26:35 Fresnel n must be >0, given n=0,k=1.4
22:29:13 Warning: Unaccessible ladder point for AI (already used for actionend3) in pra3\pra3_structures\afghan_houses_c\jbad_house_c_1_dam.p3d
22:29:13 Bad simulation fire, type Land_FirePlace_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\civ\camping\fireplace_f.p3d
22:32:34 Strange convex component57 in a3\structures_f\households\house_small03\i_house_small_03_v1_dam_f.p3d:geometryPhys

Conscious that the JBAD ones are probably nothing you can fix.

i know it M1lkm8n is working on a Update!

the watertexture spam its reported over 10months ago...

that worked before BIS updated the binarize.exe.... ;)

Cup has it too!

Awesome map, well done, not a big fan of some of the water though as it's black, looking?? .

I work on the water textures i know it looks dark....

and some holes on the river between the objects...i wanted not delay the release :)

in first update i will change it.

I know its a bit heavy on some places as i wrote in the first post,

lower the viewdistance to 2000mt. its enough, the map its almost flat.

with my GTX980 and I7 4790K on 2560-1440 ,viewdistance on 3500mt. i play always on 35-45 Fps.

• Like 1

I've noticed that many of villas don't have proper lighting (befitting a villa's gate, for example), or lights that aren't activated at night.

I've noticed that many of villas don't have proper lighting (befitting a villa's gate, for example), or lights that aren't activated at night.

Thanks i report it to M1lkm8n, the villa its from the Jbad pack.

Actually a lot of the rural villas in Iraq don't have gate lights etc, a lof of villas had their own portable generators as the electricity grid was unreliable in the early days, it still in unreliable in many rural areas. So villa's without lights isn't entirely uncommon.

• Like 4

Actually a lot of the rural villas in Iraq don't have gate lights etc, a lof of villas had their own portable generators as the electricity grid was unreliable in the early days, it still in unreliable in many rural areas. So villa's without lights isn't entirely uncommon.

These are place lamp-posts that do not turn on at night, though, so they seem like they're serving no purpose and on a map like this, with so many objects, I feel like there's no point having lights placed that don't work.

If this is intentional for immersion purposes (IE Iraq's power infrastructure is shit) then I relent, but if not, I can only state my humble opinion.

Sick map.

These are place lamp-posts that do not turn on at night, though, so they seem like they're serving no purpose and on a map like this, with so many objects, I feel like there's no point having lights placed that don't work.

If this intentional for immersion purposes (IE Iraq's power infrastructure is shit) than I relent, but if not, I can only state my humble opinion.

i ask Milkman if the lamps have an error, if not then i replace these lamps with original Arma 3 lamps!

Sick map.

;)

Very nice map, congrats again!
However, my computer can't handle it, don't have enough FPS on it :butbut: :cry: :cry:

Many thanks for the effort good stuff, had some good conflicts especially the evening scenario, cheers.

• Like 3

Downloading now. Thanks so much for your hard work on this map. Very much looking forward to playing it. Do you have an ETA on ALiVE indexing by chance? Thanks, again.

Very nice map, congrats again!

However, my computer can't handle it, don't have enough FPS on it :butbut: :cry: :cry:

what are your Pc rig?

Thanks guys i appreciate it :D

Win 10 x64

i5 4570

GTX 970

8Gb RAM DDR4

SSD

Win 10 x64

i5 4570

GTX 970

8Gb RAM DDR4

SSD

You have better computer than me but I can still play and enjoy the map.. I guess your settings are too high for this map. Min FPS for me during fight is 35 FPS in urban areas and outside min 45 FPS..

You need to adjust your settings to make it run well.

Honestly mate, it's not a case of settings, this map is currently running 20 frames below the average for an empty map that's much larger in terms of area. Sure, people could turn their Object distance down to almost nothing and get something playable, but a little bit of optimization on the part of the author would be a superior solution. Most people would say that playing with a 500 meter object draw distance on a mostly flat map isn't much good.      

Honestly mate, it's not a case of settings, this map is currently running 20 frames below the average for an empty map that's much larger in terms of area. Sure, people could turn their Object distance down to almost nothing and get something playable, but a little bit of optimization on the part of the author would be a superior solution. Most people would say that playing with a 500 meter object draw distance on a mostly flat map isn't much good.      

we all know Arma have the problems with the FPS....i check what i can do to optimize the fps, maybe a few %

Many thanks for the effort good stuff, had some good conflicts especially the evening scenario, cheers.

thanks for the Video :)

i like the evening scenario!

If it helps any, the issue seems to be linked to the trees. Look away from the palm trees: 55-60 fps, look at the trees 15-20 fps and my 970 starts heating up.