Cype_Revenge

[WIP] Terrain Diyala province Iraq

Great, haven't seen any updates in awhile, was hoping things were still progressing :)

• Like 1

Great, haven't seen any updates in awhile, was hoping things were still progressing :)

sure the map is finished... :D

i found some Bugs, but not so big that I should be worried.

I just still waiting for some another feedback from the guys they still testing it, and the release is right on your doorstep.

but what I already can say, you guys need a good PC to play it, on some urban areas the fps gone down for about 10%!

A very BIG Thanks gone to Ben Rempling he ported for me the Palms to A3 standards, what are now placed on the Map.

iwI90TKh.jpg

kH3JLIuh.jpg

old and new one
  • Like 6

Finished :)

Can't wait to try it....

• Like 2

Can't wait for the release too!
I hope my PC can handle it... :P

• Like 1

Can't wait for the release too!

I hope my PC can handle it... :P

The good thing about it that I have found during testing is, as the map is quite flat in many places ,turning down view distance will not impact you fun because you wont be up high to see lond distances anyway-so it is easy enough to improve fps.

• Like 3

The good thing about it that I have found during testing is, as the map is quite flat in many places ,turning down view distance will not impact you fun because you wont be up high to see lond distances anyway-so it is easy enough to improve fps.

True that!! I have mine on 2000 k view distance and 1000 Object distance and it's absolutely great.. The map is "different" from everything else you have seen and gives you a very good Iraq feeling.

• Like 1

Yes, but I meant in urban areas ^^

---->

but what I already can say, you guys need a good PC to play it, on some urban areas the fps gone down for about 10%!

Yes, but I meant in urban areas ^^

---->

listen to ineptaphid and nikiforos they are in my testgroup :rolleyes:

True that!! I have mine on 2000 k view distance and 1000 Object distance and it's absolutely great.. The map is "different" from everything else you have seen and gives you a very good Iraq feeling.

Thanks for your feedback :)

• Like 1

I'm super excited for this. Thanks for all the hard work and testing everyone. :)

Will this be indexed for ALiVE when it's released or will that come after?

I'm super excited for this. Thanks for all the hard work and testing everyone. :)

Will this be indexed for ALiVE when it's released or will that come after?

Thanks i appreciate it, i read how to do for indexing the map.

If i found a bit of time i try it out ;)

• Like 1

Will the map be released on the Steam Workshop and how big is the map itself? Also fantastic work, just the screenshots alone get me excited to play on it.

Will the map be released on the Steam Workshop and how big is the map itself? Also fantastic work, just the screenshots alone get me excited to play on it.

I dont know about where it is releasing, but reagrding size-  it is 8km x 8km

I hope it will be available on the WS because it's easier for updates ;)

Anyway, I'm ready for the release, can't wait to make missions with this map!

I hope it will be available on the WS because it's easier for updates ;)

Anyway, I'm ready for the release, can't wait to make missions with this map!

I think this is interesting...there are so many different reasons everyone prefers their own delivery options. In the last week, I've seen the arguments made for SW, Armaholic and even google drive over various mods in progress....................we are a diverse bunch!

I'm with Wiki.................looking forward to running around your masterpiece

Wait, I'm against Wiki, I like armaholic..................

So confused :)

• Like 1

I dont know about where it is releasing, but reagrding size-  it is 8km x 8km

Oh, sorry I was talking about the size as like megabytes, not like that. I should have probably clarified, sorry about that.

Oh, sorry I was talking about the size as like megabytes, not like that. I should have probably clarified, sorry about that.

Ah-I see.Well the WIP version we are testing with is 1GB

• Like 1

maybe yes and i give you a link to google drive,

the download is about 700-800Mb (zipped)

as ineptaphid said unpacked ~1Gb.

• Like 2

What factions do you guys think would be the most suitable for this map? The only one I can think of offhand is Iraq Syrian Conflict but I must be missing some good choices that would be relatively realistic for the region.

maybe yes and i give you a link to google drive,

the download is about 700-800Mb (zipped)

as ineptaphid said unpacked ~1Gb.

Ah-I see.Well the WIP version we are testing with is 1GB

Thank you both, for answering my questions.

What factions do you guys think would be the most suitable for this map? The only one I can think of offhand is Iraq Syrian Conflict but I must be missing some good choices that would be relatively realistic for the region.

Diyala province has always been a hotbed for the Iraqi insurgency. It's also sandwiched between Baghdad and the Iranian border, so that's another option.

Diyala province has always been a hotbed for the Iraqi insurgency. It's also sandwiched between Baghdad and the Iranian border, so that's another option.

You could use Massi middle eastern conflict or CAF aggressors as well to represent Al Queda of Iraq.

• Like 3

Right I get that. I was more or less asking for faction mods suggestions that are out there that would be suitable for the specific region. I'm thinking CAF Aggressors, CUP Takistani's and other similar ones may be a little too Afghani/Pakistani to make sense for Iraq. Or maybe not? Just curious what mods you guys plan on using. I can't think of hardly any.

EDIT: ^^^ Thanks man. :)

Having been in Diyala on many an occasion, and also been smashed there with IED's enroute from FB Normandy to FOB Warhorse to COB Anaconda (Balad)  it's an extremely volatile area, VERY tribal, you also have the Kurds/Peshmerga to the North and East in places like Khanaqin and Sulimaniyah.

Baquba is a shit hole as is Muqdadiyah

Diyala is also very dry, so it gets pretty dusty, the map looks pretty good, it has the feel about it, so good effort.

• Like 4

Right I get that. I was more or less asking for faction mods suggestions that are out there that would be suitable for the specific region. I'm thinking CAF Aggressors, CUP Takistani's and other similar ones may be a little too Afghani/Pakistani to make sense for Iraq. Or maybe not? Just curious what mods you guys plan on using. I can't think of hardly any.

EDIT: ^^^ Thanks man. :)

Iraq/Syria conflict mod by accuracy thru volume

Having been in Diyala on many an occasion, and also been smashed there with IED's enroute from FB Normandy to FOB Warhorse to COB Anaconda (Balad)  it's an extremely volatile area, VERY tribal, you also have the Kurds/Peshmerga to the North and East in places like Khanaqin and Sulimaniyah.

Baquba is a shit hole as is Muqdadiyah

My god-you definitely make the most interesting posts on this forum :) I fell off my bicycle once....broke my wrist.

So Kurds and Peshmerga-that could be done with CAF aggressors as well as Massi's middle east addon I think. Also- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28406.

• Like 1