Cype_Revenge

[WIP] Terrain Diyala province Iraq

@tmp95

I have changed nothing....

I had no problems with this a few days ago on my tests, maybe you don't have the last version from Jbad?

I am sure all Buildings and Walls from Jbad have a working ViewGeomteryLod.

If there's a bug i am sure M1lkm8n will fix it ;)

I was curious to know if you'll be adding Diyala's provincial capital Baquba, which was a major Insurgent hub during the 2003-2011 invasion 

Wow, this looks amazing! I've been waiting for al-Kut, guess I have another great Iraq map to wait for :) Glad to hear how the map's progressing.

One thing, in the airbase, can the roads/runways et cetera be treated as roads, and not just ground textures? Because in A3 most of the road systems within the main airbases on Altis and on Stratis are just ground textures, meaning the AI can't pathfind them.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Now all I need to look for is a realistic 2003 Iraqi Army that utilizes RHS.

• Like 1

Hello.

#1 Are you planning some REALEASE date or something like that??

#2 I agree with Aniallator about airbase roads, its not so pretty look if you have only texture on the ground. In my base templates Iam using MAP_EU Editorupgrade (EU). There are parts of runway and taxiways but its up to you also good progress i forward to this so much. :) 

Greets DonbassCZ

Thanks Guys,i appreciate it!

I was curious to know if you'll be adding Diyala's provincial capital Baquba, which was a major Insurgent hub during the 2003-2011 invasion 

sorry Babqua is more in the Nord and to big for this Map. Maybe in future with another terrain what I'm doing bigger.

Wow, this looks amazing! I've been waiting for al-Kut, guess I have another great Iraq map to wait for :) Glad to hear how the map's progressing.

One thing, in the airbase, can the roads/runways et cetera be treated as roads, and not just ground textures? Because in A3 most of the road systems within the main airbases on Altis and on Stratis are just ground textures, meaning the AI can't pathfind them.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Now all I need to look for is a realistic 2003 Iraqi Army that utilizes RHS.

now there are only Groundtextures, but i have an Idea how to solve this small problem! ;)

Hello.

#1 Are you planning some REALEASE date or something like that??

#2 I agree with Aniallator about airbase roads, its not so pretty look if you have only texture on the ground. In my base templates Iam using MAP_EU Editorupgrade (EU). There are parts of runway and taxiways but its up to you also good progress i forward to this so much. :)

Greets DonbassCZ

release Date...

I can not say anything to in this state of development.

I hope it in a few Months (if there are not too many bugs :D ).

• Like 2

Take your time @19thcyperevenge. We want a finished map more than a rushed map :P

Also, would be a great immersion boost to have ambient call to prayer around minarets :) Just sayin'.

• Like 2

Take your time @19thcyperevenge. We want a finished map more than a rushed map :P

that's for sure

Also, would be a great immersion boost to have ambient call to prayer around minarets :) Just sayin'.

i like that idea :)

for AI path, here small video on the Airfield

(AI are stupid to drive a car)

• Like 3

These new pictures are incredible! i don't usually like Arma's middle east maps like Takistan as there is not enough clutter/detail so you are often just walking across bare tan ground with some yellow grass.

But this?This map looks amazing! The level of detail is stunning-it looks so realistic. (And it had ponds) This is easily my most anticipated map now.

• Like 1

Hello. I've been following this thread with anticipation. your screenshots have been absolutely excellent.

I was curious if you had any preliminary idea of the performance of this map... relative to Altis and/or Takistan for example?

• Like 1

Hello. I've been following this thread with anticipation. your screenshots have been absolutely excellent.

I was curious if you had any preliminary idea of the performance of this map... relative to Altis and/or Takistan for example?

I'd like to know this too.it seems quite densely packed,but I would think it's ok.It does not have all the trees and grass etc like a map like Esseker or Bornholm.

thanks guys, :)

there are some places on the Map where many objects are placed, like in the Forest.

with my GTX980 on 4K Resolution,

settings all on Ultra or very high,

viewing distance 5.000mt

objects viewing distance 2.500mt

i have 45-55Fps.

wWbAMWpl.jpg

TXuQGfRl.jpg

On the rest of terrain I have about 50-60 Fps

With Full HD Resolution I'm on 70-80Fps
then I hope that there are not too many problems with your Fps ;)
  • Like 3

Sempre più bella giorno dopo giorno! Fammi un fischio se ti serve un po di beta-testing ;)

Keep up the amazing work!

• Like 2

Hey Giallustio,

sicuro the la passo quando é pronta per testare. :)

I'll give it to you when its ready to testing.

Thanks Guys,i appreciate it!

sorry Babqua is more in the Nord and to big for this Map. Maybe in future with another terrain what I'm doing bigger.

haha alright, it couldn't get any better

no no still working on it....

but goes a little slow until I've finished everything ;)

its time to show you some new pictures in a few days....

• Like 5

Just had to have a look in the mods section...now I've seen this ill be f5'ing indefinitely :(

Hey. What about project?? Are you still making it or is it dead?? :)

Why would you think it was dead? We just saw a load of new pictures about  4 weeks ago. How often do you expect updates?

no no still working on it....

but goes a little slow until I've finished everything ;)

its time to show you some new pictures in a few days....

Dont worry about people asking for updates-these things take time :D