Sign in to follow this  
chronicsilence

Respawn Delay of 0

I'm trying to have it so that players get a respawn location menu when they die, but have no respawn delay. One would think that you would use the following in your description.ext:

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnDialog = 1;
respawndelay = 0;

But this doesn't actually work, and will cause you to instantly respawn without getting a menu to select your spawn position. If you change the "respawnDelay" to anything greater than one though:

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnDialog = 1;
respawndelay = 10;

Then it works properly and shows the menu. Does anyone know of a way to have it show the menu without having any respawn delay?

I have an option for you if your interested, check this out:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151391-How-to-create-more-than-one-respawn

Pick spawn from menu, you can place flags or objects, but you will need to define the name of the flag so the script/s see it.

When you die with this, a menu pops up and basically you choose where you want to respawn, and then when you choose that location you can either have a

timer like a respawndelay which is in the description, or you can set it to 0, the other option is again when you die, if you dont choose a location you can hit escape,

it will close the menu and you will respawn where you died, either instantly if the respawndelay is set to 0 or with a larger number.

Just an idea based on what you described what you were looking for.

Script should work in Arma3 tbh when i put it together I didn't have the game at the time as it was in Alpha I believe, but I should work. Idk up to you.

in your description.ext:

respawndelay = 9999; //Causes the respawn to NOT respawn

to activate it via script (e.g. sqf):

[color=#000000][font=Lucida Console]setPlayerRespawnTime 5; //initiates respawn time of 5 seconds[/font][/color]

I don't get it OP. You want to immediately respawn and THEN have respawn menu shown? What would be the point if you have already respawned? Because 0 respawn means exactly that, immediate respawn.

I don't get it OP. You want to immediately respawn and THEN have respawn menu shown? What would be the point if you have already respawned? Because 0 respawn means exactly that, immediate respawn.

Nah, the dead player should get the menu when he dies, and he want the player to respawn immediately after he has selected a spawn point.

In my previous post my menu respawn will do what he wants, you can have a menu and respawn immediately if you wish, menu just gives you the option on where to

respawn which you need to place those markers or flags where you wish like bases. Hitting escape you can spawn where you died, or you can set the respawndelay

to 0 and respawn instant at the location you choose.

No, I don't want the player to respawn at all until he clicks the respawn button on the respawn menu. But, I want that respawn button to be available immediately, instead of having a count-down timer to when its available.

No, I don't want the player to respawn at all until he clicks the respawn button on the respawn menu. But, I want that respawn button to be available immediately, instead of having a count-down timer to when its available.

gotcha

Please refer back to the post I recently made here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?193216-Respawn-Delay-of-0&p=2962290&viewfull=1#post2962290

The reason why you need 9999 is so the ArmA engine will not respawn. When there's a specific point where you want your guy to respawn, do the setPlayerRespawnTime code.